The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Just think it’s quite funny. Any Scottish club doing well in Europe should be a good thing as can only improve our coefficient which helps teams like aberdeen.

The coefficient would need to go up hugely for a team in 9th place to qualify for Europe. 

so aye, Mon the ****. 

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I see aberdeen fans having a go at their own player for having the audacity to comment on a Scottish team winning in europe. Awfy bitter

You see the thing about Aberdeen fans is we don't like to see organisations representing sectarian bigotry prosper - not even if they are from the same country as us.  In fact we feel that the fact they belong to the same country as us is a source of shame and embarrassment. You are no aware of certain club's frequent punishments by the European authorities for repellent sectarian and racist offences.

Understandably we would prefer that people representing our club felt the same way.

I wish I could pretend that I'm surprised that "Airdrie" fans don't see things like that, but sadly I'm not very.  However it does seem odd to describe a hostility to supremacist bigotry as "bitterness".  If that's your accusation, yes, we're bitter.

You see the thing about Aberdeen fans is we don't like to see organisations representing sectarian bigotry prosper - not even if they are from the same country as us.  In fact we feel that the fact they belong to the same country as us is a source of shame and embarrassment. You are no aware of certain club's frequent punishments by the European authorities for repellent sectarian and racist offences.
Understandably we would prefer that people representing our club felt the same way.
I wish I could pretend that I'm surprised that "Airdrie" fans don't see things like that, but sadly I'm not very.  However it does seem odd to describe a hostility to supremacist bigotry as "bitterness".  If that's your accusation, yes, we're bitter.

The funny thing is that I actually dislike both sides of the old firm. However, I like to see them do well in Europe. Not surprised thay aberdeen fans are so narrow minded about that. Also a pretty lazy assumption that airdrie fan = rangers fan but carry on.

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

The funny thing is that I actually dislike both sides of the old firm. However, I like to see them do well in Europe. Not surprised thay aberdeen fans are so narrow minded about that. Also a pretty lazy assumption that airdrie fan = rangers fan but carry on.

“Thay Aberdeen fans”?…

Nothing beats an Errdrie education 

31 minutes ago, Aufc said:

You dislike the OF, but you want them to succeed and get greater finance to gain even more disparity with the rest of Scottish football. You’ve not thought this through. The OF are a cancer to Scotland on and off the pitch.

12 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

You dislike the OF, but you want them to succeed and get greater finance to gain even more disparity with the rest of Scottish football. You’ve not thought this through. The OF are a cancer to Scotland on and off the pitch.

They also don’t exist.

They died. In 2012. With “Rangers”. 

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

Why? Because being Scottish trumps representing bigotry? Then we just have different values and I'm not going to apologise for ours.  Being intolerant of intolerance might be being "narrow minded" to you. To us it's basic decency. 

I did not assume you were a Rangers fan, lazily or otherwise.  I merely hinted at the possibility.  If you're not, you're not.  It makes no real difference to me, given how much you seem to think think like one. 

5 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I genuinely think it'll be him. 

Would be disappointing. Really, really disappointing. 

Would need to get over it quick and support him, though. 

Ross would be a good appointment I reckon and may well suprise you all. More experienced manager than Goodwin who many are raving about. Too early in Goodwin's career to see if he is the real deal yet, definite gamble!

Suprised no bigger names being mentioned, thought there would be more experienced, proven managers wanting this job. Some must be comfortable on the golf courses between jobs. Surely some viable managers down in England....

6 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

I genuinely think it'll be him. 

Would be disappointing. Really, really disappointing. 

Would need to get over it quick and support him, though. 

Agree. 
I think he’s the kind of bloke to talk a good game in an interview, & sway Cormack & Gunn.

And he’s free. 

Underwhelming to say the least.