The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Agree with that - albeit some of our support potentially do need to find their filter on that particular social media platform. 

Not sure why any of our players would go on there, but Christian seems that he just wants to be nice to everyone.  A quiet word may have sufficed on this matter, rather than people ranting about his poor hold up play, when he's banged in 15 goals for this pi$$-poor effort of a side and we're only in mid Feb.

We'll get that N.E.Scotland dourness knocked into that shiny Californian character of his yet......

I intend no criticism of Ramirez who seems a great bloke and has been one of our few successes this season.  I love his attitude.  There's no way he could have read the sensitivities around this issue coming from America a few months ago.  If a Scot had made the same tweets I'd have been a lot less tolerant. 

I'm not one of those people who object to our players or management team having OF connections or attachments but do I expect them to act like Aberdeen fans with no split loyalties while they are actually on the payroll here.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

If Goodwin does go, then I really doubt there will be much fallout with St Mirren. It's not the first time, nor will it be the last, we've "lost" a manager.

What I will say is that Aberdeen fans will welcome his style off the pitch. Measured, intelligent and quite funny at times, as well as being the best looking manager in the league :wub: , the reason few (if any) St Mirren fans are annoyed is because Goodwin comes across as a genuinely nice lad. He's always been honest with us, and is willing to accept when he is wrong (our 3-5-2 experiment shows that).

It's difficult to be miserable about a nice guy getting a reward for his hard work. The fact it's to Aberdeen is pretty irrelevant in this. I'd have preferred him to go to another league but his destination is not the factor in wishing him well.

Of course, he could still turn up at Pittodrie saying, "I want this, this and this", and Cormack dingies him and he continues on his St Mirren reign, but if not, I'll be happy for him.

Edited by Ric

4 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

I intend no criticism of Ramirez who seems a great bloke and has been one of our few successes this season.  I love his attitude.  There's no way he could have read the sensitivities around this issue coming from America a few months ago.  If a Scot had made the same tweets I'd have been a lot less tolerant. 

I'm not one of those people who object to our players or management team having OF connections or attachments but do I expect them to act like Aberdeen fans with no split loyalties while they are actually on the payroll here.

In what way does him saying "what a game" constitute split loyalties? He even tweeted it after Dortmund scored so it was hardly as if he was cheering Rangers.

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

In what way does him saying "what a game" constitute split loyalties? He even tweeted it after Dortmund scored so it was hardly as if he was cheering Rangers.

Obviously it doesn't. My first paragraph was about the Ramirez incident.  I made it clear that I was not criticizing him, which I definitely would have if I thought there was any suggestion of split loyalties.

My second was making a more general point about how I expect Aberdeen fans and management to conduct themselves.

Edited by Game of throw-ins

In the last two games, apart from the pass leading to the goal yesterday, David Bates has reverted to the David Bates who was playing earlier this season. He undoubtedly is a different player with Ross McCrorie beside him, and much as we need McCrorie in midfield, our defence has to come first. Gallagher has had a nightmare spell with us and has to nowhere near the first team, and hopefully Jim Goodwin agrees with this. I’ve no idea if Van Veen’s shoulder was injured to the extent that he was trying to let everybody know it was, but our centre backs had to be testing it out by battering into challenges with him, but no one did. And on the defence, someone at the club has to tell Calvin Ramsay to put his body on the line to defend for his team, because, as much as I love him as a footballer, he is not doing that just now and has been culpable for  more than a few goals against us this season.

22 hours ago, Ric said:

I wish him well, you'll come to like Goodwin a lot.

Edit: Oh, and here is the first of I am sure many cut out heads for your collection...

ViC2zT6.png

https://i.imgur.com/ViC2zT6.png

Love the guy already , Talk is cheap but liked his interview after game  ,you will get honest assessment fae him ,not the nonsense we’ve put up with last couple years. Looking forward to Saturday  ,we might just have positive end to the season now. Aye  Jim is my man 😉

Says lot about him that he wanted be in the dugout straight away .

Edited by logie skid boys

Only way we stop shipping goals is reverting to 3 CB's and to stop putting Hayes to LB. Asking Ramsay and Hayes to defend for large parts of the game is costing us in a back four. 

It will be unpopular but McCrorie has to play in the defence until the end of the season. Bates far more assured alongside him. 

For what it's worth, I'd go with the following back three: McCrorie, Bates, MacKenzie and have Ramsay and Montgomery as wing backs. 

48 minutes ago, logie skid boys said:

Love the guy already , Talk is cheap but liked his interview after game  ,you will get honest assessment fae him ,not the nonsense we’ve put up with last couple years. Looking forward to Saturday  ,we might just have positive end to the season now. Aye  Jim is my man 😉

Yeah, I said in another post he is easy on both the eye and the ear.

He might not get things right, but he'll take the blame and be very honest to the media when doing so, which must be quite a contrast to Glass who sounded, to me, out of his depth and about to crack under the pressure.

8 minutes ago, Ric said:

Yeah, I said in another post he is easy on both the eye and the ear.

He might not get things right, but he'll take the blame and be very honest to the media when doing so, which must be quite a contrast to Glass who sounded, to me, out of his depth and about to crack under the pressure.

Aye I like that ,  so looking for  good times ahead . Won’t be for lack trying that’s for sure .well happy with the appointment .

3 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Aye. He was nowhere near the top of my list but absolutely sold himself to me yesterday.

Aye. He was nowhere near the top of my list but absolutely sold himself to me yesterday.

Delighted with this appointment and would have taken him a year ago too.

Already the club feels a slightly better place - and I am struggling to fathom what Willie Miller was getting at yesterday. Almost complaining that the team (for the most part) displayed a bit of physicality and resilience.

I was just reflecting that I was sad to see how things worked out for Glass. He showed his class as an Individual, if not always as a manager in his time back. However, i have the opposite view of Mcgoo. He still hasn't recognised his total lack of self awareness and disrespect for the club means he deserves to be unwelcome at Pittodrie. I hope Dundee go down.