The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think it's too easy to say that given their league position, the Aberdeen players just need direction it's too early to judge Goodwin.
Nelson has had two years at building a team.

That's why I said my opinion was based on this season's showings and went as far as saying Goodwin may develop the Aberdeen squad and improve them. But as it stands, I'd take any of those Hearts players mentioned over any of the Aberdeen players mentioned.

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

That's why I said my opinion was based on this season's showings and went as far as saying Goodwin may develop the Aberdeen squad and improve them. But as it stands, I'd take any of those Hearts players mentioned over any of the Aberdeen players mentioned.

That's not how football works thou is it?

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

That's not how football works thou is it?

What on earth are you talking about?

Surely it's fairly simple to understand what I am saying:

Right now, I think the players mentioned from Hearts are better than the players mentioned from Aberdeen.

Goodwin may coach and improve said Aberdeen players to the extent that this may not always be the case in the future.

I'm not sure how that opinion equates to "That's not how football works".

16 minutes ago, AJF said:

Right now, I think the players mentioned from Hearts are better than the players mentioned from Aberdeen

They're playing at the same level M8,Gallagher and Souttar have played their part in the National team.
Ramsay and Ferguson could go for big dosh plus Ramirez and Boyce have scored the same amount of goals.
Gordon has always been a quality keeper no points for that one.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah he had a "see you soon" message when they were going home. Didn't get the vibes that it was for a break 😂

I think he's been a good signing but he's not at an age where I'd break the bank to ask him to stay.

If his family were unhappy having to endure ‘another country’ for 8-9 months then there’s no point asking him to stay. 

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Interesting podcast as Ramirez mentioned his wife got abuse from those on social media or comments made when she is out. 

Haven't listened to it but man there really are some scummy p***ks in our support.

12 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Really?

I’d say so.

Kingsley, Atkinson, the lad in midfield from Everton that’s injured, McKay, Simms. 

Pit it this way, a shit load better record than us.

Then again only we would appoint a Head of Recruitment to start work AFTER the summer recruitment had been done.

Unbelievably stupid & poor management. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I’d say so.

Kingsley, Atkinson, the lad in midfield from Everton that’s injured, McKay, Simms. 

Pit it this way, a shit load better record than us.

Then again only we would appoint a Head of Recruitment to start work AFTER the summer recruitment had been done.

Unbelievably stupid & poor management. 

We've all laughed at Hearts for years due to their poor recruitment.

6 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

5CF0EF76-D1C4-4B5F-BAD5-F27134FC7903.thumb.png.d40d3d4a1d60db2cefafda2e380c1a35.png

"Americans are so spoiled"...she must think Aberdeen is akin to living in Soviet-era Tajikstan.

It all reminds me of Ian Rush's spell at Juventus. Some can embrace a new culture, adapt, assimilate and enjoy whilst others moan like hell and put themselves under stress until they get on the plane home.

And lest we forget, 3 million Americans carry a loaded firearm every day. Fair play to them if they miss that nonsense...

Is that Glasgow Cathedral behind them?

Edited by Bogbrush1903