The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

I like the name Luis Lopes - it's got a kind of Nuno Gomes silky technically-gifted ring about it. Whether it transpires the player comes into that category remains to be seen.

Therefore not sure about the Duk thing - I did a google translate hoping it was Portuguese for stallion or the likes, but nothing comes up.  Feels like a kind of $hite nickname compared to his fairly cool actual name.

Edited by tarapoa

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I like the name Luis Lopes - it's got a kind of Nuno Gomes silky technical-gifted ring about it. Whether it transpires the player comes into that category remains to be seen.

Therefore not sure about the Duk thing - I did a google translate hoping it was Portuguese for stallion or the likes, but nothing comes up.  Feels like a kind of $hite nickname compared to his fairly cool actual name.

Translates to Duke doesnt it?

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Strong historical links with Jim Bett and erm Halur Hanson? 

😂

Was having a think about it. It probably makes economical sense for Reykjavik to sell players to us with a decent sell on attached. They'd then surely make more from us selling the player on than they could from their own league?

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

😂

Was having a think about it. It probably makes economical sense for Reykjavik to sell players to us with a decent sell on attached. They'd then surely make more from us selling the player on than they could from their own league?

They also take fitness and sports science seriously over there despite the size of the clubs. Excellent loan destination for any youngster with wayward tendencies. 

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They also take fitness and sports science seriously over there despite the size of the clubs. Excellent loan destination for any youngster with wayward tendencies. 

Is it too late for Craig storie? 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Recall spending a couple of nights there on a layover to the US  (come back to ABZ Icelandair !).  It seemed every Reykjavik suburb and village further afield had a giant blancmange style full-size indoor football facility.  This in a country with a similar population to Aberdeen and its hinterland.  I think we only have 3 or 4 of these equivalent facilities in the whole of Scotland.

Also, have this on loan from someone who played in our first ever Euro away match (having scored in the home leg).

KR away.jpg

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

It seemed every Reykjavik suburb and village further afield had a giant blancmange style full-size indoor football facility.  This in a country with a similar population to Aberdeen and its hinterland.  I think we only have 3 or 4 of these equivalent facilities in the whole of Scotland.

I think the Icelandic government funnelled huge amounts of money into small-town sports facilities - both to produce more elite players and for the community and public health benefits. I think they massively overperform in handball as well, relative to population? Remember reading this article around Euro 2016: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/08/iceland-stunning-rise-euro-2016-gylfi-sigurdsson-lars-lagerback

I see your Funso Ojo is denying paggering a specky DAB outside tannadice. Was this after the game where he got shite off the boy during the match as well?

Personally I think assaulting dabs should be like punching nazis, everyone wants to do it so it's not really a crime. I'll be front and centre at Dundee Sheriff with a sign saying "Funso can I have your cuffs?"

6 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I see your Funso Ojo is denying paggering a specky DAB outside tannadice. Was this after the game where he got shite off the boy during the match as well?

Personally I think assaulting dabs should be like punching nazis, everyone wants to do it so it's not really a crime. I'll be front and centre at Dundee Sheriff with a sign saying "Funso can I have your cuffs?"

Yes same game, but different dab. 

7 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Was outside afterwards.

Story at the time was some knob end approached him and gave him abuse as he was yapping to Dons fans.