The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They also take fitness and sports science seriously over there despite the size of the clubs. Excellent loan destination for any youngster with wayward tendencies. 

Is it too late for Craig storie? 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

They also take fitness and sports science seriously over there despite the size of the clubs. Excellent loan destination for any youngster with wayward tendencies. 

Recall spending a couple of nights there on a layover to the US  (come back to ABZ Icelandair !).  It seemed every Reykjavik suburb and village further afield had a giant blancmange style full-size indoor football facility.  This in a country with a similar population to Aberdeen and its hinterland.  I think we only have 3 or 4 of these equivalent facilities in the whole of Scotland.

Also, have this on loan from someone who played in our first ever Euro away match (having scored in the home leg).

KR away.jpg

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

It seemed every Reykjavik suburb and village further afield had a giant blancmange style full-size indoor football facility.  This in a country with a similar population to Aberdeen and its hinterland.  I think we only have 3 or 4 of these equivalent facilities in the whole of Scotland.

I think the Icelandic government funnelled huge amounts of money into small-town sports facilities - both to produce more elite players and for the community and public health benefits. I think they massively overperform in handball as well, relative to population? Remember reading this article around Euro 2016: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/08/iceland-stunning-rise-euro-2016-gylfi-sigurdsson-lars-lagerback

I see your Funso Ojo is denying paggering a specky DAB outside tannadice. Was this after the game where he got shite off the boy during the match as well?

Personally I think assaulting dabs should be like punching nazis, everyone wants to do it so it's not really a crime. I'll be front and centre at Dundee Sheriff with a sign saying "Funso can I have your cuffs?"

6 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

I see your Funso Ojo is denying paggering a specky DAB outside tannadice. Was this after the game where he got shite off the boy during the match as well?

Personally I think assaulting dabs should be like punching nazis, everyone wants to do it so it's not really a crime. I'll be front and centre at Dundee Sheriff with a sign saying "Funso can I have your cuffs?"

Yes same game, but different dab. 

7 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Was outside afterwards.

Story at the time was some knob end approached him and gave him abuse as he was yapping to Dons fans.

Not convinced about Richardson , great athletic not much of a player.

Scales - strolling it.

Stewart - big upgrade on Gallagher.

Ramadani - more to his game than Ferguson, need to seem him against better opposition.

Duk - Goodwin said not to get carried away, not happening, guy is quality!

Really looking forward to seeing Miovski.

56 minutes ago, gazelle83 said:

Not convinced about Richardson , great athletic not much of a player.

Scales - strolling it.

Stewart - big upgrade on Gallagher.

Ramadani - more to his game than Ferguson, need to seem him against better opposition.

Duk - Goodwin said not to get carried away, not happening, guy is quality!

Really looking forward to seeing Miovski.

Agree about Richardson, not sure how much he offers going forward and attacking. The team is currently weak in the full back areas.

This was my first time watching us in person this season. It is difficult to draw too many conclusions given the level of opposition and being 5-0 up at half-time essentially rendering the second half a glorified training exercise, but good to have a look at the new players.  

Scales and Stewart, although not really tested, were both very good at what was asked of them. Both seem to be good at the fundamentals, which we were missing hugely last season, and Scales is clearly a more than capable footballer. 

Ramadani looks good on the ball, especially when he is given time, but occasionally turned a bit too easily for my liking. 

Richardson is extremely raw. Clearly a good burst of pace on him, and capable of getting up and down, but very much a work in progress. Will be interested to see how he copes if we go into the season with him as our right-back. Pretty much the same applies to Hancock on the other side. 

Duk is going to be... interesting. Entertaining, but very, very raw. Some touches he wouldn't have got away with against top-flight opposition. 

Hayes MOTM for me, followed by Scales and Besuijen. Shout to Kennedy for that free-kick too.