The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

25 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

You say that, but somehow we did get 2-1 up early in the second half. 

We then defended like complete fannies thereafter and made an average Motherwell look good. 
Which we’ve done regularly against them in recent years. 

Kevin Van Basten first goal scorer Saturday no doubt. 

Going 2-1 up or not, almost the entire team had a nightmare for the vast majority of that match. We were lucky it was only 3-2.

40 goals so far this season. that equals (according to Wikipedia) our total for the infamous 09/10 season where our top goal scorer had 5 goals. Not too far from our last few seasons either (56 & 49). Helped a little by participating in those disgusting league cup group stages, but even if you still have doubts about just how good the team are, you have to admit we're certainly entertaining.

40 goals so far this season. that equals (according to Wikipedia) our total for the infamous 09/10 season where our top goal scorer had 5 goals. Not too far from our last few seasons either (56 & 49). Helped a little by participating in those disgusting league cup group stages, but even if you still have doubts about just how good the team are, you have to admit we're certainly entertaining.

20 goals in the league cup already [emoji28] hopefully a few more to come too.

We’re averaging 2 per game in the league, if we keep that up then we could easy be on for 100 in all competitions.

1 hour ago, Spectre said:

Far too positive , do you even support Aberdeen?😉

19 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Far too positive , do you even support Aberdeen?😉

The goal glut is welcome.  But this grumpy fker still gets annoyed at concession of goals at the other end.  It's not as if other teams are exploiting the space left by our harlem globetrotters attacking philosophy. Many of them simply seem to be down to the fact that any 6ft plus horse in the opposition will continually be allowed free heiders from set pieces against our vertically challenged defenders.

Just now, tarapoa said:

The goal glut is welcome.  But this grumpy fker still gets annoyed at concession of goals at the other end.  It's not as if other teams are exploiting the space left by our harlem globetrotters attacking philosophy. Many of them simply seem to be down to the fact that any 6ft plus horse in the opposition will continually be allowed free heiders from set pieces against our vertically challenged defenders.

Much better.

hjghj.gif.cb61b961ee0a04f0bf2e7f478d13a53d.gif

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Thought Coulson, Duk and Ramadani were our stand outs tonight 

Ryan Duncan looked great when he came on, what a goal 

Ryan Duncan needs...

a. A new Jim McLean-esque lengthy contract and

b. To be unleashed and found a regular place in the starting lineup. He's fast and direct now just needs to build up his experience.

I've been looking forward to this page, 1970. My first Cup Final, my first time at Hampden, my first time in Glasgow, my first time in a crush at Mount Florida and the furthest I had ever been from home. And Martin Buchan held up the Cup at the end of it all.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I've been looking forward to this page, 1970. My first Cup Final, my first time at Hampden, my first time in Glasgow, my first time in a crush at Mount Florida and the furthest I had ever been from home. And Martin Buchan held up the Cup at the end of it all.

In the Dutch version of P&B (feebo & herring) the 'Famous Feyenoord' thread has also, in an utterly glorious coincidence, reached page 1970. . ."first time in Milan, first time at the San Siro, and Israel held aloft the cup at the end of it''....and in Aberdeen & Rotterdam the cry goes out...."Jimmy McGrory, Patsy Gallagher, Jinky 67, The mainstream Scottish football media, Bertie Auld, the forces of religiously segregated education, Sean & John Fallon, your boys took a helluva beating...." 

Edited by kennie makevin
Typo

12 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

20 goals in the league cup already emoji28.png hopefully a few more to come too.

We’re averaging 2 per game in the league, if we keep that up then we could easy be on for 100 in all competitions.

Well, that's that knocked on the head.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

My third (time lucky) final (Summer Cup Final 1964, 1967 Scottish Cup Final).

Happy days.

1 hour ago, kennie makevin said:

Aberdeen beat Celtic three times in Glasgow in 1970. Twice in the league at Parkhead, April & December, and the Cup Final. 

100% record at Parkhead that year.

Couldn’t find the stadium thread but some of the numbers in the report the council have put out are bonkers.

12k for the Dons women is more than the national team get at Hampden.

We’d seemingly also be hosting multiple Scotland 21 and Women’s games to sell out crowds, as well 8 sell out crowds to an unnamed rugby team.

0c7cf5003f7f3fa9b3cdce801d82b580.jpg

16 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Couldn’t find the stadium thread but some of the numbers in the report the council have put out are bonkers.

We’d seemingly also be hosting multiple Scotland 21 and Women’s games to sell out crowds, as well 8 sell out crowds to an unnamed rugby team.

Yeah even if it's taking into account the increasing popularity of women's football going into the future it does seem wildly optimistic.

Mind you they're only ever going to show a best case scenario for this sort of thing.

18 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

They're hardly going to say no c**t will go though. All about catching the eye of the non-supporters.