The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Looks like he can pass to a team mate (although the shanks into row z may not have made the cut) 

Looks like he can outjump people and reach quite far with his legs. 

A bit baby giraffish. 

I don't think i saw a single tackle on the ground there. 

We'll see eh? Hope he's ace. 

That highlight reel was riveting stuff.

Hope he's ace too but I can outjump people and reach far with my legs yet I barely make my mates 5s team.😀

Should be interesting if nothing else.

1179493(1).jpg.4d42ec375387cd2edc50336f6caf46f9.jpg

34 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Any chance we might see some more signings tomorrow? Any more news on Scales?

Was told Scales was a definite last week, but ye would think that be announced by now  or maybe  he’s going elsewhere .Would like him back .

Fingers crossed we get replacement for Hayes and that wee Jonny is a good bench option instead for next season .Still few holes to fill ,but outstanding work so far with the squad recruitment . 

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Swindon fans said similar about MacDonald. 
Watford similar about Pollock.  
Wycombe fans loved Stewart.

Let’s wait & see. 

Williams will do just fine.

Good to see him in at start of pre-season training as opposed to the last day of the window. 

1 hour ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

I can't lie, after the 100mph start to the day, it kinda fizzled out...

Maybe keeping something back for tomorrow and Friday?  🤞🏻

I suspect Shinnie was kept back from the previous day out of respect to Craig Brown, & was shoehorned in to the following morning, ahead of the scheduled Williams announcement today. 

Hopefully something tomorrow, although there are no jungle drums beating

A good few still needed yet, one or two for the first team, and a few good back ups 

I’m not sure I’m at full optimism yet. I think we need a few more before I can be really confident. We’re still light in some key areas and predominantly we’re just getting the gang back together. A good start but the team that finished the season still had some key flaws. 

No idea if Williams is an upgrade on pollock and our new Slovenian is anyone’s guess. 

I’ll get more excited as the season approaches…maybe. 

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not sure I’m at full optimism yet. I think we need a few more before I can be really confident. We’re still light in some key areas and predominantly we’re just getting the gang back together. A good start but the team that finished the season still had some key flaws. 

No idea if Williams is an upgrade on pollock and our new Slovenian is anyone’s guess. 

@Jacksgranda successor in waiting.

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m with you. Looks like the chosen midfield three will be Shinnie, Ramadani and Clarkson. They did fine at times last season but were also often ripped apart, particularly away from home, early days in the window so far though 

7 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I’m with you. Looks like the chosen midfield three will be Shinnie, Ramadani and Clarkson. They did fine at times last season but were also often ripped apart, particularly away from home, early days in the window so far though 

Actually I think the midfield 3 is very good for this level, it’s the depth behind it that got badly exposed during shinnie’s lengthy suspension towards the end of the season. 

I think it’s also yet to be seen if Nicky devlin is an adequate replacement for mccrorie up the right hand side, again somewhere we got exposed during his injury. 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Actually I think the midfield 3 is very good for this level, it’s the depth behind it that got badly exposed during shinnie’s lengthy suspension towards the end of the season. 

I think it’s also yet to be seen if Nicky devlin is an adequate replacement for mccrorie up the right hand side, again somewhere we got exposed during his injury. 

I agree to an extent although that trio all started matches at Easter Road, Tynecastle and Parkhead which saw us lose 16 goals and score none.

McCrorie for me is a decent player. Good at a lot of things but not outstanding at anything. I’m hoping Devlin can come in and create more goals as output from McCrorie or Richardson last season from a creating goals point of view last season was pretty non existent.