The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

38 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Hopefully whatever was going on with Barron last season can be resolved, provided he is here, whether injuries or contract stuff. He is too good a player just to let waste another season, both for his sake and ours. 

Shinnie will sort him out

3 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Just curious to see if others think making a move for Baccus (St Mirren accepted 275k) and/or Dylan Levitt (Utd want 500k) is a good idea? Hibs are after both while hearts are only after Dylan Levitt. 

I also wonder if the potential sale of lewis Ferguson this window would alter our recruitment this transfer window.

I would go for Baccus. Better value for money and has had a more effective season from what I saw. 
Personally, I would treat any windfall from Ferguson transfers as an added bonus not in this seasons budget and keep it for next summer. We may not be in the same position with guaranteed group stages and it would provide a financial back up.

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I would go for Baccus. Better value for money and has had a more effective season from what I saw. 
Personally, I would treat any windfall from Ferguson transfers as an added bonus not in this seasons budget and keep it for next summer. We may not be in the same position with guaranteed group stages and it would provide a financial back up.

I'm pretty sure the europa League winners get straight into the group stage mate. 😉

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Aberdeen v Celtic scheduled for Saturday 12 August, will likely be moved for TV but, regardless do the Dons have a European match the preceding Thursday meaning it will be put back to the Sunday?

Is there any indication of when Sky will actually announce all their TV games, at least for August?

Seems the usual shambles they've only announced the first weekend and will leave everyone guessing from that point.

That Celtic game, is almost certainly going to be on TV but leave everyone guessing what day it'll be on.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t know if that is referencing me but I’ve not written him off. 

Well, write him off, and then you can go and huff...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sllepnig

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t want any of the shitebags from United. 

Baccus is an interesting one, if Barrons recent form is a sign of things to come then he isn’t a good enough support to the first XI. Would also suggest Baccus could quite easily challenge Rama for a first team spot. 

For me Connor Barron showed enough in his first season to warrant more confidence in him than most fans seem to be showing. Last season was a mess for him with his injury, the mess of the team and then just getting minutes here and there. I'm for giving me a chance if he agrees to sign an extended contract.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

For me Connor Barron showed enough in his first season to warrant more confidence in him than most fans seem to be showing. Last season was a mess for him with his injury, the mess of the team and then just getting minutes here and there. I'm for giving me a chance if he agrees to sign an extended contract.

He’s clearly not interested in signing an extended contract 

1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

Is there any indication of when Sky will actually announce all their TV games, at least for August?

Seems the usual shambles they've only announced the first weekend and will leave everyone guessing from that point.

That Celtic game, is almost certainly going to be on TV but leave everyone guessing what day it'll be on.

Just look at who Celtic & The Rangers are away from home to

There’s your answer. 

29 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Watched him come on against Buckie last season in the friendly last July.   ,aye i ken its Buckie , but he was looking like top player level above abody else on pitch,  and   looked like was ready be a big player for us.     Got injured end that game and has hardly kicked ball since.  In his rare appearances since he has lost that yard and zip.  Could be just match fitness  but maybe injury still giving him problems.  Surely he must see staying here and putting in good performances signing contract will benefit him more     because if  that does not happen ,  then its step down from here . I be amazed if anybody comes in for him this window

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why sign Levitt on big money when you have Clarkson?

Barron is 20 and returned from a serious injury into a mess of a side. Folk writing him off based on last season are genuinely mental.

If we sign another midfielder (before Barron/Polvara move on) then it needs to be a 10 sort of type

It would be an unexpected and very welcome boost if Barron signed a contract and got his head back in the game. I'm completely writing him off so if he can step up then brilliant and the metaphorical like a new signing

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why sign Levitt on big money when you have Clarkson?

Barron is 20 and returned from a serious injury into a mess of a side. Folk writing him off based on last season are genuinely mental.

Are you expecting Clarkson to play all 50 games?

We need depth, especially August to December,

The drop off from the starting X1 to the subs last season was far too big, & that includes Barron.

There’s 2 players needed for the starting X1 & a few good back ups that don’t dilute the quality of the team 

11 hours ago, betting competition said:

Its good you have put this up for supporters of other clubs. You would think the SPFL putting the fixtures out would look at the dates Aberdeen are involved in europe and move the games to a Sunday. Aberdeen have notified fans that these games are likely to be move. 

The European matches won't be confirmed as being on a Thursday until after the draw. There is the possibility of city clashes leading to some games being moved to Tuesdays.

8 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Are you expecting Clarkson to play all 50 games?

No, but Levitt would cost too much, and demand too much, to be simply rotation.

You'd be spending 4 wages on 2 players who play the same role.