The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Look, I spent lunchtime today reading over the summer's 'efforts' on the Hearts thread from the Aberdeen lads.

However dull I may be, I still have much to learn in being sleep-inducing from the MogaDons boys on here.

‘My teams fans patter is better than yours’

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

😀

It literally sold out last time.

Aberdeen's support's huff about Hearts' comparatively gigantic crowds is very enjoyable.

Since you are enjoying the crowds fred - Hearts support for the last 10 league games at Pittodrie:

18/3/23 – 1540
16/10/22 – 940
30/10/21 – 830
04/08/19 – 1471
10/05/19 – 368
22/12/18 – 1045
27/04/18 – 460
30/12/17 – 1055
13/08/16 – 1168
12/05/16 - 576 

14 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's going to be another great year.

Hope your predictions are as good as last season!

Edited by betting competition

9 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Since you are enjoying the crowds fred - Hearts support for the last 10 league games at Pittodrie:

18/3/23 – 1540
16/10/22 – 940
30/10/21 – 830
04/08/19 – 1471
10/05/19 – 368
22/12/18 – 1045
27/04/18 – 460
30/12/17 – 1055
13/08/16 – 1168
12/05/16 - 576 

Got to be honest, mate, I wouldn't even know where to source information about individual away attendances per game. Not a clue.

Am I surprised a P&B Aberdeen fan does? No, no, I am not.

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Got to be honest, mate, I wouldn't even know where to source information about individual away attendances per game. Not a clue.

Am I surprised a P&B Aberdeen fan does? No, no, I am not.

The AFC Hertiage Trust has a fantastic website with heaps of information including away attendances.  

https://www.afcheritage.org/

4 minutes ago, betting competition said:

The AFC Hertiage Trust has a fantastic website with heaps of information including away attendances.  

https://www.afcheritage.org/

Am I surprised that a website run by Aberdeen fans would contain this information while it remains completely unknown to pretty much the entire population of the planet?

No, no, I am not.

Aberdeen fans are good lads in general, but, let's be honest, I reckon more of you lads go to sleep in club PJs under club-branded bedding every night than any other support in the world.

I mean, Aberdeen can do what they like. But it just seems silly to me.

On one hand, you advocate how important it is to have atmosphere etc. Then in the same breath, you advocate lessening that atmosphere at Pittodrie simply in a fit of pique.

We have seen for years that OF away fans discourage attendance from some normal home fans, and some clubs have had season ticket arrangements where OF supports discourage regular attendance. Cutting their allocations makes sense for a number of clubs, as we've seen already.

I don't think any of that applies to Hearts' visits to Pittodrie. Should Aberdeen choose to cut our allocation to 650 we'll just get on with it, but it just seems a silly thing to do. It's not like the Hearts board woke up one day and thought "What can we do to annoy Aberdeen?"

Hearts fill our stadium regularly and that's just the way it is. Taking a petted lip about it would just be pandering to the bruised egos of the more excitable members of Aberdeen's support. Is there any evidence Hearts' current allocation is suppressing home attendance at Pittodrie? It's quite clear how giving Aberdeen a bigger allocation would damage Hearts' ability to meet demand at Tynecastle. But, so be it.

Aberdeen's statement today was just crowd-pleasing bluster, imo.

The last game at tyncastle there was 2500 empty seats the could easily gave more tickets to Aberdeen fans 

4 minutes ago, Arnie said:

The last game at tyncastle there was 2500 empty seats the could easily gave more tickets to Aberdeen fans 

Do you think Tynecastle has a capacity of 21-22,000?

Tynecastle is sold out. Obviously not everyone attends every game. That's an issue hardly unique to Hearts. But if the tickets are sold, then there is absolutely no reason to give more to the away team at the expense of cementing growth in our own support.

I'd spend less time on Aberdeen Twitter, if I were you.

14 minutes ago, Arnie said:

To be scattered throughout the four stands sitting among among the Hearts fans?  Hearts can't force season ticket holders to attend games.

Not wanting to add to the current chat, but tickets for Livingston went on sale half an hour ago and we have already sold-out seven blocks in the East Stand. Making good progress in the others too. Pretty impressive stuff. 

Look, I spent lunchtime today reading over the summer's 'efforts' on the Hearts thread from the Aberdeen lads.

However dull I may be, I still have much to learn in being sleep-inducing from the MogaDons boys on here.

You’re such interesting company you re-read outdated football forum posts!

No other team is surprised by your poor away support. We all know if it’s not on the Lothian bus network you boys aren’t going, hence the fanfare in securing your Easter road trips. Given you only managed to win three away games last season, maybe it’s just as well.

3 hours ago, betting competition said:

Preston was a great trip with cheap drink and good banter with the locals. I think Preston North End are a step up from Hearts/Hibs and it was an even game. The game didn't feel like a preseason game with tackles flying in but it was good workout. Need to make a few more recruitment in the defence and we will be fine. 

Agree there were some meaty challenges. The championship down there is a big physical league certainly.

I preferred to come away from the game with positives as I can see what they are trying to do. Just need a few more signings but at least the club is trying for ambitious ones. 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Am I surprised that a website run by Aberdeen fans would contain this information while it remains completely unknown to pretty much the entire population of the planet?

No, no, I am not.

Aberdeen fans are good lads in general, but, let's be honest, I reckon more of you lads go to sleep in club PJs under club-branded bedding every night than any other support in the world.

Most just have 2 stars hanging from the ceiling. Almost  as glorious a sight as the northern lights 

15 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

No, no, I am not.

The AFC Heritage site, which thankfully has now been added to the official AFC site, is one of the best around, if not the best. Almost anything that you want to know about my club can be quickly found. No idea why any football fan would try to rubbish it.