The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Ah well, looks like I've missed out on a final ticket.

I still am mystified who the 17,000 were that snapped up the tickets so quickly.

Probably the first time back for many since we took 44,000 at Parkhead.

It's no surprise though that the club has allowed this to happen.

Unfortunately, we've got bunch of idiots at the tiller. They've allowed this to happen in order to prove a point to Sevco and the governing body and to hell with any of their regular attendees that weren't quick off the mark.

Or maybe it was just me and my cohorts that missed out.

C'est la vie as our French counterparts say...

22 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I still am mystified who the 17,000 were that snapped up the tickets so quickly.

Unfortunately, we've got bunch of idiots at the tiller. They've allowed this to happen in order to prove a point to Sevco and the governing body and to hell with any of their regular attendees that weren't quick off the mark.

You can email the club and get put on the list for the next batch of tickets.

Edited by STFU_Donny

21 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Not sure how serious you are here, but we are getting a further 2500 tickets. The club have asked anyone who has missed out on a ticket, to send an email to AFC with their details.

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Not sure how serious you are here, but we are getting a further 2500 tickets. The club have asked anyone who has missed out on a ticket, to send an email to AFC with their details.

To be honest, their disregard for the regular support has left a sour taste in my mouth (or maybe that's the Covid that I got returning from PAOK).

I hope all the Attilas and Christmas Trees on their annual visit to the football have an enjoyable day in the Aberdeen end.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Why didn’t you try and get a ticket when they went on sale?

It was pretty well publicised what the sales process was, rightly or wrongly 

Sounds like some are kicking themselves for being too lax

By the time the club weed out some **** with no sales history and put the extra 2500 on sale there will be plenty to go around imo 

9 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

To be honest, their disregard for the regular support has left a sour taste in my mouth (or maybe that's the Covid that I got returning from PAOK).

I hope all the Attilas and Christmas Trees on their annual visit to the football have an enjoyable day in the Aberdeen end.

That does seem a little petty. the club made a mistake, have apologised for it and there is likely plenty to go around. No real cause to spite them. 

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That does seem a little petty. the club made a mistake, have apologised for it and there is likely plenty to go around. No real cause to spite them. 

I don't think "plenty to go around" is correct at all. I think it's extremely unlikely that I'll be able to get a ticket from the remaining 2500 tickets.

What's the point of a 'loyalty' points system if you're going to do a fire sale after nine hours and completely disregard those in the 100-200 loyalty points category?

The apology doesn't really meaning anything, they perfectly understood the outcome of their actions because that was the whole point of introducing the general sale to snap up four tickets per person and sell them quick. 

Just now, Bogbrush1903 said:

I don't think "plenty to go around" is correct at all. I think it's extremely unlikely that I'll be able to get a ticket from the remaining 2500 tickets.

What's the point of a 'loyalty' points system if you're going to do a fire sale after nine hours and completely disregard those in the 100-200 loyalty points category?

The apology doesn't really meaning anything, they perfectly understood the outcome of their actions because that was the whole point of introducing the general sale to snap up four tickets per person and sell them quick. 

I agree that there should have been a middle stage of sales. However, there were still tickets on sale at 7pm on Monday - the wait time in the online queue was about 30-40 mins so it was possible to go on at even 6pm and get some.

As someone else mentioned, we did a much more gradual process of sales for the Celtic LC final a few years ago and then didn't sell all of them.

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

All of that is your choice as a consumer, I suppose. 

12 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I understand your frustration, but this is wonderful petted-lip stuff.

What's a Christmas Tree in this context?

While I get the frustration from some and I think the club may have got this wrong, I can also see their reasoning.

The issue with a staggered sale and one per account based on that, is if you have a family of 4 on 200, 100, 50 and 40 loyalty points then they likely won't bother as they'd not be able to sit together. Perhaps where the club could have done better would be saying that in the original sale phase each person could have 4 tickets as long as each other account had 40+ loyalty points,or something like that. Then bring it down to 100+ and apply the same principles. Have a full day for each of these phases and then whatever is left could go on general sale. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

19 hours ago, coprolite said:

As they’re not a breed which is formally recognised by the kennel club, I’ve compiled a list of characteristics that can be used to identify the the rangers fans. One  or two of these may be present in normal people and they may not all be present in every sevconian but a full set is fairly conclusive:

- bald

- fat

- eyes too close together

- brown leather jacket 

- stupid and/or ignorant 

- leaving early

If you encounter one please contact a steward. Do not attempt to batter one yourself unless you’re fully inoculated.

You've now got me wondering if I'm a closet Sevco fan 🤔 

It's not a clean sweep but I'm inclined to chant no surrender to the remaining ones.

Edited by Alert Mongoose

8 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

The people annoyed by the ticket fiasco are going to lose their fucking minds when VAR gifts the scum a couple of penalties and a Rubi red card. 

well...aye ! Included in the figures below is the current British record 67 game run where they haven't conceded one, single, penalty. Although that is the League we're talking about, so maybe there's a 'bonus penalty' clause for Cup Final opponents ?

...mebbe no' !

image.png.a84156ed2f4128b5a5dc73d44595c502.png