The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

14 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

He was probably just signed to faciliatate the Clarkson signing...if that was the case, then I don't mind giving a donkey a home for six months

Thought the same. Reckon possibly Dadia was taken in to get someone else in? Sokler same agency? 

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/23989147.hearts-agm-instant-reaction-club-board-questioned/

McKinlay also the club spoke about the difficulties of appointing a manager and revealed other candidates were sounded out.

"There does feel there is sometimes a misplaced sense of who we can legitimately attract," he said. "We were also acutely aware of this through private discussions we had with Aberdeen as they had gone through the same process. I can confirm that we directly or indirectly sounded out a number of other possible candidates."

This is the quote I was thinking of. 

That was interesting. I do think you need to back your manager. He did really well last season. Doesn't make sense to have a high turnover of managers.

For us, wee Naismith wanting to bring through the youths is good to hear.

12 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It's part of a new joint venture by the clubs to pool resoures and become a stronger force.

The new entity will be called Aberdeen not of Midlothian

We will have to have further discussions on the name change. 

And what about that business with the sheep? Do we have to get involved with that?

I feel like a lot of fans would be surprised how friendly clubs are, and how much managers discuss their plans with each other too.

Id be stunned if Robson and Naismith dont discuss tactical plans and transfer plans (without naming names, just a profile type thing ("im going to get some powerful wingers in etc.)) with each other over the Summer, for example, if theyre both still in place.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I feel like a lot of fans would be surprised how friendly clubs are, and how much managers discuss their plans with each other too.

Id be stunned if Robson and Naismith dont discuss tactical plans and transfer plans (without naming names, just a profile type thing ("im going to get some powerful wingers in etc.)) with each other over the Summer, for example, if theyre both still in place.

Just imagining Robson and Naismith discussing tactics. “To be honest, Stevie, I don’t have a fucking scooby either”

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

gettyimages-1835520070-612x612.jpg.18f81bcb3efb2f3b86dd4e9459a7d875.jpg

I'd be stunned if they didn't have cosy tactics chats because Naismith and Robbo are besties and as such, just like the two clubs they manage, they have a very close and harmonious relations..

The Gruesomes should fear the new JV...

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 minute ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

gettyimages-1835520070-612x612.jpg.18f81bcb3efb2f3b86dd4e9459a7d875.jpg

I'd be stunned if they didn't have cosy tactics chats because Naismith and Robbo are besties and as such, just like the two clubs they manage, they have a very close and harmonious relations..

The Gruesomes should fear the new JV...

The New New Firm.

5 hours ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

That was interesting. I do think you need to back your manager. He did really well last season. Doesn't make sense to have a high turnover of managers.

For us, wee Naismith wanting to bring through the youths is good to hear.

We will have to have further discussions on the name change. 

And what about that business with the sheep? Do we have to get involved with that?

Surely it has to be hardon fc

30 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

No idea if this guys reliable or not but a few clubs competing for a not particularly in form Duk at that price upwards doesn’t sound too bad to me.

Sad see him go as he’s definitely became a cult hero and he’s my sons favorite player.

Take the money now as know way getting close to that in the summer or will have him run down his contract and go for nothing 

17 minutes ago, Jute said:

Evening Express claiming no bid been made. 

Probably means he will be away by Monday. 

Yeah I’m sure they said the same about Ramadani too and he was off pretty quickly afterwards.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

No idea if this guys reliable or not but a few clubs competing for a not particularly in form Duk at that price upwards doesn’t sound too bad to me.

My son got the home shirt with Duk on the back for Christmas 🤣

He thought it would be a safer bet than Miovski.

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

My son got the home shirt with Duk on the back for Christmas 🤣

He thought it would be a safer bet than Miovski.

In a fit of early-season enthusiasm in 2010/11, I got 'FOLLY 4' printed on the back of my home jersey after our opening two victories. We all make bad decisions and misjudgements in adolescence, but I challenge anybody to top that one.