The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

40 minutes ago, Jute said:

Don’t get the anger being directed at Gunn he is just some who has taken a (probably) well paid promotion to a job he is possibly not qualified for. Something most of us would do. I would think anger should be directed at the person who appointed Gunn as director of football.

As some one said above one positive is we have kept hold of Miovski. Really thought he would have been away this window and very pleased to hold on to his goals until the summer. 

Nah, not going to excuse the guy for being hopeless.

Mistakes are not being learned from. Gave him the benefit of the doubt with Glass and Goodwin.

The club and his brother are happy to champion him when things are going well.

I know for a fact that plenty of the club were in disbelief when he got the job. They are in disbelief that he is still there.

Nary a pant left unpished on twitter today.

I think it's ok we didn't bring anyone in, we've a large enough squad and we do have quality there. Better to focus on getting a capable manager in than saddling them with last minute loans or an overpriced buy that might be unwanted by the new boss in a couple of months. January is generally a crap time to get anyone in. I'm just delighted we kept Miovski, Duk and Barron tbh.

I'd have liked a winger but we should still have enough to be flexible - Duk belongs on the left, McGrath/Morris/Duncan can cover the right wing.  How long is Gartenmann out for? Ruby is out 6-8 weeks but we have 3 other CBs + Milne + Devlin/MacKenzie in a pinch. 

Looks like we're back in the "club is rotten from top to bottom, need to rip everything up and start again" discourse spiral. We were there before McInnes too, but as was shown then a decent manager and some good form in the league fairly quiets all the Milne/Cormack/Gunn/insert name here oot chatter. Remember how rosy everything looked in the summer - 3rd place, a new CEO, record shirt and ticket sales, making bank on developing and selling players each year.

I imagine the next two games are only going to add to folk's pessimism but I don't think things are necessarily as rotten as all that. We've a decent squad to work with and changing manager was the most important thing to take care of.

11 hours ago, kent_don said:

Ambition for us now is just getting a quality manager with experience in place.

That photo of Cormack sums up most of his tenure as chairman so far - embarrassing. 

We want to be a modern club with the DoF, HoR, data driven. At the moment we have no-one capable in any of the important positions.

No danger of that changing and the next at the moment my concern is the next manager will be out on his arse in under 2 full seasons.

Very much this.

10 minutes ago, Flammable sheep said:

Over-reactions perhaps but we're managerless and five points above the relegation play-off zone with a double header against the Gruesomes on the horizon, and a squad that's chucked it before when they don't like the manager.

Blind optimism can mask things to a point, but we've just got through three poor managers in three years and now the person that appointed them is considering a 75 year old that's only previous experience has all been in England.

I'll continue to "pant pish" or whatever the euphemism is for being concerned about the current situation.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

4 hours ago, Jute said:

Don’t get the anger being directed at Gunn he is just some who has taken a (probably) well paid promotion to a job he is possibly not qualified for. Something most of us would do. I would think anger should be directed at the person who appointed Gunn as director of football.

As some one said above one positive is we have kept hold of Miovski. Really thought he would have been away this window and very pleased to hold on to his goals until the summer. 

An example of the Peter Principle. He’s obviously been an asset to the club in administrative/operational roles over a long period of time but for a DoF you really need to be an ex player, coach or scout which he obviously isn’t. He should never have been put in that position. 

2 hours ago, Flammable sheep said:

Couldn't make it up!!!!

Over the course of two months, the recurring theme has been the consistent call to dismiss Robson. With Robson now let go, there is celebration surrounding his departure. Nevertheless, today's perspective suggests that terminating Robson just a day before the transfer deadline was an error.

Edited by betting competition

Whether Gunn should be there or not, his job title doesn't appear to match up with his responsibilities, so I have a degree of sympathy with him.

There is certainly no chance, despite being the "Director of Football" in name, that he will have the authority to appoint the next manager, for example. He wouldn't have had the power to sack Robson, either. 

It was telling, if there was any doubt, that the words in the Robson sacking announcement came from Cormack rather than Gunn, too. 

In that sense, if we have one at all, it would be Cormack who most closely resembles what most people would expect from a DoF in a more contemporary structure.

BBC now reporting we’ll go for the interim option until end of season while reviewing the whole football operation. seems a very sensible way of approaching it. Most importantly, to me, Neil Lennon isn’t in the picture don’t think we need that baggage and drama 

this season can be saved and a decent place achieved still but the underlying problems need to be addressed 

Jesus - I was hoping this was just clickbait media nonsense - the FMB really have the lost the plot if they think this circus is the way forward.

Too early to tell, but Leven picked a sensible team and also clearly addressed a few things positively at HT.   Maybe a calm sensible head is all this team needs for now to get more out of them.  

See when Talksport do something like that (especially with the word Hibernian clearly stated on the badge) they are doing that to create responses and push up their Twitter engagements via loads of people correcting them. Absolute dicks.