The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

20 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

And neither is this one, other than the chronic lack of width, which warnock has tried to address by bringing in Hoilett, there is a good side in there somewhere. There are so many of the players who just look so devoid of confidence.

Perhaps I'm in a pessimistic state after the Saturday game, but I'm beginning to believe that our current league standing is accurate. If we lose on Wednesday, there is a possibility of us ending up in the relegation play-offs. If the board is near identifying a new manager and if he can start right away, then I would get him in immediately.

Edited by betting competition

I'm looking at coming to Aberdeen vs. Dundee in April. 

What's the facilities like for away fans? Any recommended boozers etc?

I expect to be given freedom of the city and treated with the utmost respect. 

Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Killiefan said:

Got told Warnock is only in Aberdeen for 3 days a week, surely not.

Wouldn't shock me, to be honest. Also, not as uncommon in managers as a lot of fans think.

Depends how it's all handled and what the arrangement is. Plenty of coaches essentially delegate training to their coaching team. Martin O'Neill is a famous example of this at Celtic. Plenty of examples from English football I know of from horse's mouth of players "coached" by managers rarely around the place and often who never bother moving to within a hundred miles of the club.

One of these things you never hear about when a team is winning.

Edited by VincentGuerin

On 25/02/2024 at 11:26, mathematics said:

Said that yesterday. That’s a really poor Aberdeen side. Poorest since Willie Millar was manager.

The only similarities between this side and I’m guessing you mean Willie Millers 94/95 side is they both are underachieving considering how good a teams they were/are 

2 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Wouldn't shock me, to be honest. Also, not as uncommon in managers as a lot of fans think.

Depends how it's all handled and what the arrangement is. Plenty of coaches essentially delegate training to their coaching team. Martin O'Neill is a famous example of this at Celtic. Plenty of examples from English football I know of from horse's mouth of players "coached" by managers rarely around the place and often who never bother moving to within a hundred miles of the club.

One of these things you never hear about when a team is winning.

Pretty sure Lee Clark was the same with us, rumours were he changed training times to suit his travel plans.

I’d take a pre-Celtic Siegrist any day of the week but it’s been so long since he’s played who knows what you’d get signing him now. I’d assumed he was meant to be heading down under as his mrs is from there. (or so I’d read at least?)

Edited by Rodhull

22 hours ago, Rodhull said:

I’d take a pre-Celtic Siegrist any day of the week but it’s been so long since he’s played who knows what you’d get signing him now. I’d assumed he was meant to be heading down under as his mrs is from there. (or so I’d read at least?)

Would be a massive upgrade on Roos but I also thought he was planning on moving to Australia and only joined Celtic as they offered a really good contract 

8 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Would be a massive upgrade on Roos but I also thought he was planning on moving to Australia and only joined Celtic as they offered a really good contract 

I think the Australia thing came after he signed for us as he went on tour with us and met a lady friend and there has been talking of him going since then.  He could obviously still be a decent keeper but I'm guessing he's chucked it a bit as he wasnt 2nd choice for very long after he signed for us.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Your source(s) aren’t that accurate. But why spoil a great story.

In all fairness, it has gained traction in Aberdeen following the release of this Twitter post. It was brought up during yesterday's press conference, during which Warnock mentioned reprimanding the driver. :D

Edited by betting competition

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

In all fairness, it has gained traction in Aberdeen following the release of this Twitter post. It was brought up during yesterday's press conference, during which Warnock mentioned reprimanding the driver. :D

I know he was away for part of last week, but @Killiefan was alluding to the fact that Neil Warnock was only here for 3 days every week.

As I said, why let the facts ruin a good story.

Edited by kingjoey

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Your source(s) aren’t that accurate. But why spoil a great story.

No skin off my nose chump, came from a disillusioned Aberdeen mate. Maybe he should try a 3 day week because whatever he’s doing isn’t working so far.

Tried to ignore the Warnock circus and the pish he talks, but he’s nae for me. 

His team selection and tactics have been wrong just about every game. All well and good changing when it’s not working but when you’re doing it most games then you’re just doing your job badly. 

Whether he doesn’t give a shit or he’s just nae very good, I am not confident in him at all to arrest this freefall. 

I don't want to put too much blame at Warnock's door, but it's clearly not going well. 

Bigger picture, though; this is on Cormack. Tonight, like Saturday, like many insipid performances this season under both Warnock and Robson, is basically his tenure in microcosm. 

Confusion, short-termism, laziness, lack of direction, no substance. That is Cormack's Aberdeen in a nutshell. 

Edited by DrewDon

22 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Tried to ignore the Warnock circus and the pish he talks, but he’s nae for me. 

His team selection and tactics have been wrong just about every game. All well and good changing when it’s not working but when you’re doing it most games then you’re just doing your job badly. 

Whether he doesn’t give a shit or he’s just nae very good, I am not confident in him at all to arrest this freefall. 

At this stage in his career what is there to motivate him to give a serious f**k about Aberdeen. If it goes tits up then I'm sure he won't be happy about it, but it's not going to define him. His career as a football manager is almost over either way. That's a dangerous position for a club to be in. He hasn't got much skin in the game.

I'm going to rinse and repeat what I said in the match thread but updated for post match.

I'm simultaneously apathetic and furious.

We've spectacularly fucked this season and bar a fluke run by Robson this time last year, Cormack and the board have taken this club back to the dark days of the late 90s and early 10s by a series of shambolic decisions. Warnock being the latest one of those. Chucking the players under the bus is never a good approach as a manager no matter that I fully agree that they are gutless.

I could not despise the club more just now. It's a series of games waiting for the inevitable concession and every so often we might fluke a draw. A set of players who have talent but no guts or determination to put things right. A squad so imbalanced as to make anything resembling width be impossible.

No sign of things getting any better. Livingston are gone but a dreadful County are only 4 points behind and we're now in a battle to avoid the relegation playoff.