The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

11 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

🤣

Looks like one of those rapid units, who can't trap a bag of cement but will do something mental every game.

Shelbourne fans seem gutted to have lost Molloy.

Without being that guy, I think Richard Jensen would probably be a standout centre-back in the League of Ireland so I will hope for the boy to be a success but also reserve judgement for now.

Just now, DrewDon said:

Without being that guy, I think Richard Jensen would probably be a standout centre-back in the League of Ireland so I will hope for the boy to be a success but also reserve judgement for now.

Was Richard Jensen's coach on the brink of tears announcing the move?

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Was Richard Jensen's coach on the brink of tears announcing the move?

I don't know, but I remember Wycombe fans singing the praises of Anthony Stewart and we all know how that turned out. I mean, it's better than him being slaughtered, I suppose, but that's kind of all it is. 

Signing a 22-year-old centre-back who has never played higher than the League of Ireland is clearly a gamble. But that's what we do now - I accept that. But I do think we fumbled last summer by being too dependent on data, especially when it came to our defensive recruitment, so hopefully we don't repeat the mistakes this time around. 

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I don't know, but I remember Wycombe fans singing the praises of Anthony Stewart and we all know how that turned out. I mean, it's better than him being slaughtered, I suppose, but that's kind of all it is. 

Signing a 22-year-old centre-back who has never played higher than the League of Ireland is clearly a gamble. But that's what we do now - I accept that. But I do think we fumbled last summer by being too dependent on data, especially when it came to our defensive recruitment, so hopefully we don't repeat the mistakes this time around. 

I may have been a bit flippant with my comment.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Looks like we've triggered a release clause that they've put in to a recently agreed deal 🤣

Looks looks like we triggered more than a release clause😄

Remember the Irish lads telling us Gleeson/ Forrester were the real deal....

6 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Gavin Molloy.

@RandomGuy.

Pretty much this...

5 hours ago, MikeAFC94 said:

"We've got Liam Scales at home"

molloy.thumb.png.af7286d6d54885b93e7cdd3ddacf23cc.png

Assume Shelbourne are pretty possession heavy? If so hes a good fit for what I think you'll try to do. Seems more of a back CB than a back 3, whos well rounded and not particularly weak anywhere.

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Looks like we've triggered a release clause that they've put in to a recently agreed deal 🤣

Apparently £75k.

6 hours ago, ScoRoss said:

Is he left footed?

Seems to be.

4 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Anyone else think that an SPFL club could do worse than approach Damien Duff next time they have a vacancy? 

I'm sure he's moaned about players leaving the Irish league, and spoken about wanting to stay and raise the profile of the league by rejecting offers, so he might not be worth all the effort it would take to get him.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be.

I'm sure he's moaned about players leaving the Irish league, and spoken about wanting to stay and raise the profile of the league by rejecting offers, so he might not be worth all the effort it would take to get him.

What about Peter Ambrose?

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Seems to be.

League of Ireland