The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Not a signing i would fully support but for me that is because he has scored about 9 goals in 3 seasons and nowt to do with his off field antics

This.

3 of those goals in one game makes those stats even worse. Would not be convinced by the signing of Goodwillie at all.

I was considering trolling this thread (principally for Standfree's benefit), but then remembered that I'm an adult with something resembling a fulfilling life including a family and friends, so thought better of it.

Your loss, I would suggest.

This is what I am thinking. If McInnes can get the same out of Goodwillie as he has Pawlett then we will have a good striker on our hands who could potentially be worth a bit of cash.

There was a reason a lot of clubs wanted to sign him when he was at United, there's a player in there that needs managed properly.

His head if full of nonsense, that's his biggest problem. He also spends far too much time in the gym. He looked a completely different player when back on loan last year. Top heavy with muscle, lost all sharpness in the box and pace/running ability that he possessed. Bit of a gamble. What kind of contract is he being offered?

Whilst not totally convinced, fully support Del here. Robson and Flood will provide steady figures from his early Utd days, whilst the aforementioned, Ando and Reynolds won't stand for any stupid antics on and off the pitch.

Goodwillie is a player who needs a fresh start mentally, as well as to work closely with Graham Kirk to get his pace fully utilised like Pawlett has.

If he rediscovers his previous form in Scotland before Blackburn - masterstroke. If not, he's still bound to be better than Calvin bloody Zola, the useless carthorse he was.

With the right coaching, regular games and some patience from the support Goodie could be a good signing for you guys wish him arabest wherever he goes though and good luck for the new season guys

With the right coaching, regular games and some patience from the support Goodie could be a good signing for you guys wish him arabest wherever he goes though and good luck for the new season guys

Really? I hope he's fucking rubbish and a complete waste of time for Aberdeen. Certainly won't be wishing them any luck for next season(except against Dundee & Celtic).

Win-win all round. Goodwillie isn't signing for a potential relegation rival, takes you out of the market for Higdon (Hopefully) and Aberdeen get a potentially good player and Dundee get a hate figure.