The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

What? :lol:

Aye, I'm sure there'll be a few folk that won't be back. Until the next big Euro night/winning run/semi-final/cup final :rolleyes:

When the big games come around, the collective moral compass is posted missing.

f**k me, it isn't Ian Huntly we've signed.

He hasn't been convicted of anything and he'll be wearing an Aberdeen shirt next season. He has my 100% backing.

Some of the comments on Aberdeen Mad are hilarious, absolute bed wetters.

Some of the stuff on Aberdeen Mad was pathetically hilarious. Particularly from a poster who wouldn't know the location of Pittodrie if he was standing on King Street.

Doubt anyone would be too gutted if McGinn left, in all honesty.

I'd be unhappy but not exactly gutted. I can't think of s player leaving that I'd be gutted about. Assuming we get in enough money as a fee.

As for Goodwillie, I'd have preferred if we hadn't signed him on various levels but mostly football ones. I won't be boycotting my club because of it though. On the other hand I won't be getting his name on the back of my replica shirt. (Not just because I don't buy them and it would cost a fortune for all those letters)

This is the thing. I'm generally happy to accept people are innocent until proven guilty, but for those that don't know, these are the facts of Goodwillie's case:

• Independent witnesses said the girl was so out of it that she could hardly stand or speak. They said she was certainly incapable of giving informed consent
  • Goodwillie and Robertson took her in a cab and promised witnesses that they were just going to drop her off at her mum's house.
  • She wakes up naked in a strange house.
  • Goodwillie's DNA was found inside her
  • The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority accepted that a sexual assault took place and paid compensation to her on that basis.

People can draw their own conclusions, but I do not want that man to be employed by the club I support.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL @ the hysterical nature of this post with some regurgitated and highly dubious 'facts' lifted directly from a sensationalist Daily Record article and a blatant lie about Goodwillie's DNA being found inside her.

MUST HAVE BEEN A RAPE

What a goon :lol:

Doubt anyone would be too gutted if McGinn left, in all honesty.

I think a lot of people would tbh if we didn't get a good deal from it

if we were to be offered say 500k I would rather we kept him

The fact that they have just sold McCormack for as much as they did may mean we get a better deal

The vast majority of which were scored in his first season. He's been dreadful since then bar one or two games.

I'm amazed at the disregard a substantial minority of our fans have for McGinn. Of course he was better in 12/13, but to describe his 13/14 season as dreadful is daft.

Aye, dreadful is a bit of a stretch.

He looked out of sorts in quite a few games last season but still made a worthwhile contribution overall.

I wouldn't exactly be in a rush to sell but doubt we can turn our nose up at anything over a million.

We have sold players at knock down prices for years.

If you look at some of the prices Hibs, Hearts and United have punted their best players for over the years we come up woefully short on comparison.

I still think McGinn is a good player and will do well for us this season, if he stays.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL @ the hysterical nature of this post with some regurgitated and highly dubious 'facts' lifted directly from a sensationalist Daily Record article and a blatant lie about Goodwillie's DNA being found inside her.

MUST HAVE BEEN A RAPE

What a goon :lol:

The girl was raped. That bit isn't actually in doubt. It's who did it that's the issue.

I'm sorry that I'm a bit concerned that we've signed a player that was implicated in it, and could still face a civil suit for it.

Makes me a goon right enough :rolleyes:

To be honest, if we want another striking option I'm still baffled as to why we don't just use McGinn. Despite struggling for form he's still better than Goodwillie.

Edited by Carl Cort's Hamstring

500k? :lol:

Did you go to any games last season?

Don't you worry about how many games I have been to

This is probably the most positive period we are in for many years we need to make the most of it.

500k for McGinn is a steal

I take it you didn't attend many then. He was an absolute passenger for the majority of last season. Nobody will buy him for 500k.

I don't know why McInnes isn't even willing to entertain the idea of playing him through the middle though. I'd still argue he's a more clinical finisher than Rooney. I'm fine with McInnes wanting a more physical option up front, but to not even try someone who had scored 1 in 2 the season before seems really strange.

It's the one real criticism I have of our manager. He's got his gameplan, and generally it's worked pretty well, but there's absolutely no variation when we could do with some.

If we could get a substantial fee for McGinn that allowed the manager some money to spend and some to the bank then all for it. If its a tiny fee that we could make off of match i.e a semi final then wouldnt bother