The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

McGinns slump last year was frustrating but I cannot understand people wanting to sell him.

If nothing else he'll be worth holding on to just to see the Dundee fans froth at the mouth as he sends them down again.

There's one just jumping up and down in impotent rage on the left. He's my favourite.

Hopefully either the McGinn c**t, the diving c**t, or the rapey c**t get a good hard boot in the bollocks, the next time you come to Dens.

Look at that stand, it's a fucking disgrace. If it's the same this season as it was then Dundee should be papped straight down to the diddy leagues for having the temerity to think that is acceptable.

Dens Derry ya bass.

I take it you didn't attend many then. He was an absolute passenger for the majority of last season. Nobody will buy him for 500k.

Never missed a home game and attended at least 8 away games

Is that OK for you? sorry in advance if its not

And you still didn't notice how bad McGinn was?

Are your eyes painted on?

I have seen players have much worse seasons than he did

Yes he didn't have the same standard of season as he had the year before but it wasn't woeful

McGinn was probably the most wasteful, frustrating player in the team last season. Can't cross, not great with his left foot, and too easily pushed off the ball. But he's undeniably talented and when he's up for it he's a fantastic player at this level.

Wouldn't mind the opportunity to replace him with a proper wide midfielder and some spare cash.

I'd take any fee that allowed us to pocket some cash but still allow mcinnes to bring in a few players. more than £1million would do that. At the £500k level i wouldnt bother right now still has two years on his contract

I'd take any fee that allowed us to pocket some cash but still allow mcinnes to bring in a few players. more than £1million would do that. At the £500k level i wouldnt bother right now still has two years on his contract

£500k would be enough for three players on £3k a week, with money left over.

And you'd rather have McGinn than potentially three very good Scottish Premiership players?

£500k would be enough for three players on £3k a week, with money left over.

And you'd rather have McGinn than potentially three very good Scottish Premiership players?

500k would go straight to the bank, like every other transfer fee we have received in the past decade.

Darren Mackie scored more goals than that in 2004/5 season. Your point is invalid.

Obviously a few flashy goals have clouded your judgement for the other 30 games where he was absolutely dire. A player of his ability should have been far better last season, he looked completely hopeless in some games.

Aye and Darren Mackie had a decent season that year. It wisnae til later that he began to be pish, a lot of fans forget he was a decent prospect!

I just can't see how you can claim a player who was our top scorer in a season we came third in has been disappointing. He's been played as a winger for christ's sake! When was the last time we had a player who scored 13 goals from the wing? A few "flashy goals", isn't that literally the point of football?!

Obviously a few flashy goals have clouded your judgement for the other 30 games where he was absolutely dire. A player of his ability should have been far better last season, he looked completely hopeless in some games.

Just like that poor run towards the end of the season has apparently clouded yours. Worth remembering those 'few flashy goals' resulted in points being won for the team.

Just like that poor run towards the end of the season has apparently clouded yours. Worth remembering those 'few flashy goals' resulted in points being won for the team.

No one is saying he didn't contribute, but he had more poor games than good and probably should have scored more goals.

His header and missed one-on-one in the Scottish Cup Semi, for example.

There's a difference between poor and disappointing though. If we'd have signed him this season we'd be saying it was a good start and hoped to see more. As it goes this season was off the back of one where he practically carried the team and so now there are other players to do that he doesn't stand out so much.

Yes I'll admit I expected more of him, but to say he has had a bad season is wrong. A victim of his own successes last year.

No one is saying he didn't contribute, but he had more poor games than good and probably should have scored more goals.

His header and missed one-on-one in the Scottish Cup Semi, for example.

Was it not Rooney that missed the one on one?

Was it not Rooney that missed the one on one?

Rooney missed a one on one, and I'm fairly sure McGinn fucked a chance in the second half by taking about 12 touches at the edge of the box before being tackled.

McGinn did the same on two occasions v Motherwell on the last day.