The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Nae chuffed at this. Our biggest vulnerability and other sides know this. Hope this isn't because Milne thinks that we got third and a cup last year that we can just leave the position to chance and not give funds to get a quality LB to plug the gap.

Gonna try to look at this from a slightly different angle.

Derek knows Considine ain't a full back.

Derek's wanting Shinnie.

Shinnie wants to play for Aberdeen, most folk connected to Caley in Inverness seem to think this is how the player is feeling but say "don't say I said" when they say it. Several folk who seem to be in the know thought the deal was a cert if the offer was acceptable.

Dons probably put in a tiddly offer, Caley said "f*****g no chance". Derek possibly pushed for an increased offer but board said no.

Good chance he will be an Aberdeen player in January or next season but Dons board lack of ambition leaves us open to him getting better offers.

If a club who weren't a rival of Caley came in then Caley will obviously deal easier with a non rival.

I have. By several folk connected to the club and one of its main sponsors. I live and work in Inverness and its common knowledge.

Until you give me a credible source and stop pretending you're 'ITK' I can't believe you. Living and working in Inverness has nothing to do with knowing anything and it's not common knowledge

Also, if we get an injury or suspension to Considine, Taylor or Reynolds we won't have any defenders to take their place seeing as Shaugnessey is off to Falkirk on loan and Anderson is out for 6 weeks.

This has disaster written all over it and it's the first time I've had real cause for concern since McInnes arrived.

You are 100% on the ball with left back comments

Dont agree with you at all on centre half. We have four good centre backs - for three to be injured/suspended at the same time is incredinly unlucky and happy to go with the young lad Rose in that instance. Joe sticking around waiting for three injuries is stupid when he can go out and play every week. Only upside for us on this one because as things stand he is heading for the exit door and playing every week could give him the boost he needs (see pawlett st johnstone loan).

If i was betting man i'd say he'll be released in May

Until you give me a credible source and stop pretending you're 'ITK' I can't believe you. Living and working in Inverness has nothing to do with knowing anything and it's not common knowledge

I don't have to give you anything champ. It's not really a massive deal. No signing took place. Choose to think what you will. I just posted what fairly credible folk in Shnek were saying to me and others. I'm happy enough I've not made stuff up. I'm too old for gossip. No intention of naming names. Even if I did you'd reckon they were talking s***e.

I don't have to give you anything champ. It's not really a massive deal. No signing took place. Choose to think what you will. I just posted what fairly credible folk in Shnek were saying to me and others. I'm happy enough I've not made stuff up. I'm too old for gossip. No intention of naming names. Even if I did you'd reckon they were talking s***e.

If this is true why has his agent entered into contract talks just today. This was told to me by a very credible source indeed.

Still no sources....the only people that ever thought this deal was on was a few Aberdeen fans. Face the fact

If this is true why has his agent entered into contract talks just today. This was told to me by a very credible source indeed.

If true, good luck to the lad. Cracking player at a good club in a great part of the world. But, let's face it, he can get a better deal than Caley or Aberdeen can offer him easily. He's that good. His next contract is very unlikely to be in the Highlands.

Still dont agree on the centre backs thing - we'll be fine there I'm sure. Anderson is only out for five games.

Shinnie is too good for Inverness, he should be in the Scotland squad. If he keeps improvinf he will be too good for Aberdeen

I have absolutely no doubt Shinnie and McKay will not sign new contracts, thats life. Aberdeen have been in that position a million times, most recently with Ryan Fraser

• 3 weeks later...

This is bad news, bar sparring with Willo last week he has been absolutely superb.

Aberdeen midfielder Ryan Jack faces a scan to discover the extent of a knee injury picked up in theScottish League Cup win over Livingston.

The 22-year-old was stretchered off after 71 minutes as the Dons started the defence of the trophy with a 4-0 victory at Pittodrie.

Manager Derek McInnes said: "He is a real concern to us at the moment.

"If I sound subdued, it is because of that really and I'm delighted to get through and keep another clean sheet."

McInnes was hoping it was "nothing too serious" and said "it is the follow-through from a challenge and I think on the inside of his knee there is damage there, but we're unsure of the extent of that yet".