The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Keeper did well I thought, goal aside. Even then, it's a terrific header from the lad. Reynolds out, McLean in, shift Shinnie to LB and have a right go at them.

Forgot I'd be at T in the Park for this one, raging !

Oh and Paulo: not who I thought which is good. My pals not a bellend and I don't know why I ever would have thought he'd be him.

Keeper did well I thought, goal aside. Even then, it's a terrific header from the lad. Reynolds out, McLean in, shift Shinnie to LB and have a right go at them.

Forgot I'd be at T in the Park for this one, raging !

Oh and Paulo: not who I thought which is good. My pals not a bellend and I don't know why I ever would have thought he'd be him.

Goal wasn't his fault IMO, it was Quinn's for not attacking the guy. Free header and a cracking one at that.

Keeper did well I thought, goal aside. Even then, it's a terrific header from the lad. Reynolds out, McLean in, shift Shinnie to LB and have a right go at them

McLean been a big disappointment

It's funny that people say McLean has been a disappointment then still proceed to want him played out of position. Why?

How's in the centre of midfield with Jack being played out of position?

I'd go with GTG's team but with McGinn up top with Rooney and Pawlett wide.

He's an attacking midfielder or sits behind the striker. We play two defensive mids in that line-up. He's not a defensive mid.

McLean was at his best for us when he was pushed right up with the striker, almost as a second forward. You're spot on, he's wasted in a deeper role.

Give McLean the free role. Against this lot away he should get some space in front of the defence to do something. He also has a good shot and they might line up backs to the wall. Might need a moment of magic which he (or McGinn or Hayes) could provide.

Derek won't drop Flood. He won't drop Jack. You've got to have Shinnie on and I think the natural thing to do is shift him back to defence. Either Considine or Quinn will partner Taylor, I'd go for Considine, more experience on the Euro stage.

That leaves either Goodwillie, Pawlett or McLean to come in. Pawlett will get bullied but is a good impact sub to have. Goodie I don't think is any good and offers less deeper. McLean can create and score (admittedly hasn't shown it for us yet) and is my choice.

As for Brown/Ward it was a gamble to stick Ward in and it didn't backfire as much as it could've. For that reason I'd keep him in. Goalkeeping is a mental game and dropping one in the middle of a tie shows a major lack of trust.

Ward

Logan Consie/Quinn Taylor Shinnie

Jack

McGinn McLean/Pawlett/Goodie(further forward)Flood Hayes

Rooney.

I would start Pawlett. He looked dangerous when he came on in the last game and the opposition won't have sussed out how to deal with his preference of driving into space in the middle of the pitch, like a lot of Scottish teams have. The referee also won't be aware of his reputation to go to ground easily so will be more likely to win fouls, especially if there are a few heavy challenges. McLean could also be effective if we're pushing on and playing high up the park and would play Considine ahead of Quinn, simply because he's more used to playing with Taylor and will give the defence more balance.

Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

McGinn Pawlett Jack McLean Hayes

Rooney

I would start Pawlett. He looked dangerous when he came on in the last game and the opposition won't have sussed out how to deal with his preference of driving into space in the middle of the pitch, like a lot of Scottish teams have. The referee also won't be aware of his reputation to go to ground easily so will be more likely to win fouls, especially if there are a few heavy challenges. McLean could also be effective if we're pushing on and playing high up the park and would play Considine ahead of Quinn, simply because he's more used to playing with Taylor and will give the defence more balance.

Ward

Logan Taylor Considine Shinnie

McGinn Pawlett Jack McLean Hayes

Rooney

Good points on Pawlett. Either him or McLean for me. Del won't drop Flood, he played 3 df mids away, he'll have at least 2 in at home.

It's funny that people say McLean has been a disappointment then still proceed to want him played out of position. Why?

I think McLean is a good player and I don't see him as a disappointment. Basic 4 4 2 with Jack holding and McLean going forward. If we go at them I think we will win by a few.

Goalkeeper Jamie Langfield could call time on his Aberdeen career after a decade at Pittodrie. St Mirren and Dunfermline are both keen on the 35-year-old. (Daily Express)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/gossip/

Shite source it has to be said but wouldn't be surprised if he does leave. Ward and Brown have been ahead of him so far this season and I'm sure if we could get Langfield off the wage bill to bring in another outfield player we would take the chance.

Shite source it has to be said but wouldn't be surprised if he does leave. Ward and Brown have been ahead of him so far this season and I'm sure if we could get Langfield off the wage bill to bring in another outfield player we would take the chance.

Getting rid of Clangers should be reason enough for getting rid of Clangers. If he gets someone to take over his contract then that's absolutely fantastic and we should be quids in for getting a decent standard of player in now or in January with the extra cash.

Things are starting to look very, very bright!

I think this deal was done before Ward become on loan so I very much doubt if we get another outfield player in.

Hopefully that means Considine in the middle and Shinnie at left back.

Nothing against Paul Quinn, I just want to see Shinnie in his strongest position.