The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

If we play anything like Thursday, we're f*cked.

Hopefully McInnes has realised Hayes isn't a right winger.

I'd go for -

Ward

Logan Considine Taylor Shinnie

Pawlett Jack McLean Hayes

McGinn Rooney

McInnes doesn't seem to like playing two up top though, so will probably line up -

Ward

Logan Considine Taylor Shinnie

McGinn Flood Jack McLean Hayes

Rooney

Fingers crossed we don't get pumped.

The way European football is set up in general is shite.

League winners of every european top flight should go straight in to Champions league. Then worry about 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc in Guff leagues/Spain/Germany etc.

Allowing the winners of smaller countries leagues into the CL would encourage massive growth.

Finishing 2nd in the SPL then having to navigate 4 rounds just to get to the group stage of the Europa league is an absolute farce.

European football isn't that hard to fix, but people are too greedy for it to ever happen.

The way European football is set up in general is shite.

League winners of every european top flight should go straight in to Champions league. Then worry about 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc in Guff leagues/Spain/Germany etc.

Allowing the winners of smaller countries leagues into the CL would encourage massive growth.

Finishing 2nd in the SPL then having to navigate 4 rounds just to get to the group stage of the Europa league is an absolute farce.

European football isn't that hard to fix, but people are too greedy for it to ever happen.

Agree with every word of this, however TV money rules. I long for the a return to the good old days of no seeding and just chuck abodies name in the hat and draw them out. Far more exciting way of doing things.

It's heading the other way. The elite will play each other more and more to hoover up cash. I reckon the Euro Super League will happen, the top 20 clubs will just play each other over and over again. It'll be so depressing.

I have got to the stage that I can't be arsed watching the champions league any more. Just the same repetitive games year after year.

To call it the champions league and having league winners playing qualifying games while in some instances third or fourth placed teams go straight in is farcical.

Yep.

I'd get rid of seeding in football completely.

Teams out of a hat, if two big teams get each other then so be it.

I fucking hate European/International football nowadays. Rotten to the core.

I barely bother with the CL, most of my pals only watch it so they can bet on it. International football I still follow for Scotland's sake. It's less repetitive at the top level too because you put all these megastars in one team and you cant predict it. It is so frustrating though. It's so obvious what needs to be done but it isn't because money. Fuckin money eh

I barely bother with the CL, most of my pals only watch it so they can bet on it. International football I still follow for Scotland's sake. It's less repetitive at the top level too because you put all these megastars in one team and you cant predict it. It is so frustrating though. It's so obvious what needs to be done but it isn't because money. Fuckin money eh

I agree with the sentiment but nae c**t wants to watch apoel nicosia versus FC copenhagen in the CL second round

I agree with the sentiment but nae c**t wants to watch apoel nicosia versus FC copenhagen in the CL second round

Except the fans of the clubs of course. But who cares about that when they need to satisfy the tv fan at home who's probably never stepped foot in their local team's ground? That's where the money is.

I don't watch any European football any more, very rarely watch internationals except at finals.

We're going to end up replacing the European invitational league (CL) and the Ameliorate the "big boys" league (EL) with a mutidivision European League of some sort with basically no chance of any club outside of the "big leagues" ever getting to the top table.

ETA: A completely unrealistic idea, but, I wonder how the major clubs would treat these competitions if, for say 5 years, there was NO prize money? Would the "prestige" of winning be enough for them?

Edited by Raidernation

^attitude that is pretty much the root cause of all of this, including the game in Scotland

Yep. I'm pretty sure Barcelona vs Bayern, Real vs Dortmund, Juve vs Chelsea... will get boring soon. Surely they can't sell it for much longer before it just gets too predictable to watch and the arse falls from beneath it. Hopefully it does, but I can't see it for another decade unfortunately.

I was actually looking for some of the qualifying games last night. There can be some stonking games and some shite games, much like any football competition in the world.