The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent news for the club, hopefully this is just the beginning and we can start to get money back into our game in Scotland as a whole. Transfer fees are healthy in football and ensure clubs get rewarded for bringing through talent and if we can begin paying them then other clubs will start to bring through better players benefitting the league as a whole.

Amazing that we managed to generate a turnover of that size without an extended European run or a cup final. Great to see the club operating so well off the pitch. Hopefully we get a solution regarding training facilities before too long.

Disappointed to see they are persisting with Loirston though.

Amazing that we managed to generate a turnover of that size without an extended European run or a cup final. Great to see the club operating so well off the pitch. Hopefully we get a solution regarding training facilities before too long.

Disappointed to see they are persisting with Loirston though.

Doesn't surprise me with major increase in turnover especially with big increase on Season ticket prices and also to think we had 3 games in europe that sold quite well. We also shared a semi-final money which had a sell out and a decent attendance from Aberdeen fans against Dundee Utd.

Hopefully have decent run in the Scottish Cup and figures will be better next year.

Aaaaaand there's folk on AbMad calling for McInnes's head. What the f**k is wrong with our support?!!

Used to be a very decent forum with a lot of intelligent posters able to engage in reasonable debate.

It's not been like that for years, probably because they banned all the good ones.

Now the whole place is cringeworthy.

He played 45 minutes under McGhee I think, disappeared after that. Looked out of his depth but it was a long time ago.

Naw it was McInnes who played him, the lad's only 18 I think so he'd have been about 14 when McGhee was here. He played him the first game of the season 13/14 I think when I thought he'd be making the breakthrough but hasn't done anything since. I agree we should be giving players a shot though, no way we'll know they're any good or not without playing them.

He played 45 minutes under McGhee I think, disappeared after that. Looked out of his depth but it was a long time ago.

I've a feeling it was post split, just when McInnes took over. He did indeed look out of his depth but he'd have been, what, 17? He's almost 20 now.

Doesn't surprise me with major increase in turnover especially with big increase on Season ticket prices and also to think we had 3 games in europe that sold quite well. We also shared a semi-final money which had a sell out and a decent attendance from Aberdeen fans against Dundee Utd.

Hopefully have decent run in the Scottish Cup and figures will be better next year.

Just thought it was surprising compared to the year before where we had two semi-finals and a final or 07/08 where we had 4 UEFA Cup games all close to a sell-out, as well as two semi-finals. However, for some reason I wasn't taking the three Euro games (Riga, Groningen and Sociedad) into account and they would have brought in about £1 million from gate receipts alone.

New poster, so please be gentle. I've been browsing Dons threads on here for a while, and finally decided I would sign-up to share my banal thoughts.

To start on a negative, yesterday's performance was pretty disappointing. For the majority of the game, we were toiling and couldn't really get into any discernible rhythm. You would have thought that the early goal would have given us the incentive to kick on and take the game by the scruff of the neck, but if anything it appeared to do the opposite. Logan and Taylor, both of whom I like, had very poor afternoons. Having said that, any suggestion that we should drop them for McLaughlin and Quinn, as I've read elsewhere, strikes me as a knee-jerk reaction that simply wouldn't improve our chances of getting back to winning ways.

Starting McLean in a deeper role, in my opinion, inhibits the team both defensively and offensively. He's a talented attacking midfielder, and he should be deployed behind Rooney or Goodwillie. Ideally, I would like Shinnie to be played at left-back, but, in Jack's absence, I think it would be sensible for him to partner Flood in the middle of the park.

As for talk of sacking McInnes? I think it's best just to ignore. It's not going to happen, and quite rightly so.