The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Apparently the club have already spent almost £3million on the stadium project so far, they've not even purchased the land yet.

Thought I'd chime in, I work for a Civil Engineering consultancy and this isn't as unreasonable as it seems. Even the 'feasability' stage will involve some fairly detailed design (estimate member sizes, volume of concrete, etc) which could take a year of work for a very large team for a football stadium who obviously all need paid for their work.
£3 million is high (guessing what stage they're at I would estimate half that would be more like it) but not totally unreasonable. Unfortunately things do just cost a lot of money.
Edited by Smeato

Thought I'd chime in, I work for a Civil Engineering consultancy and this isn't as unreasonable as it seems. Even the 'feasability' stage will involve some fairly detailed design (estimate member sizes, volume of concrete, etc) which could take a year of work for a very large team for a football stadium who obviously all need paid for their work.
£3 million is high (guessing what stage they're at I would estimate half that would be more like it) but not totally unreasonable. Unfortunately things do just cost a lot of money.

It was in the accounts as about 2.8 million I think, it worries me because the stadium plan doesn't seem to be making progress and they've already pished a lot of money up the wall.

This is the relevant passage

"Emphasis of matter – new stadium project
Note 10 to the Financial Statements discloses that the balance sheet at 30 June 2015 includes capitalised costs amounting to £2,997,000
in connection with the proposed new stadium project. A number of important milestones, including completion of the site acquisition
and undertaking of the necessary fund raising process, remain outstanding before the project can progress to a construction stage.
Notwithstanding the lengthy timeframe for this project, and the risks and uncertainties involved, the Directors remain confident of
progressing the development. Accordingly, the Directors have concluded that it remains appropriate to continue to carry these costs in
the balance sheet. Given the significance of this conclusion to the overall Financial Statements, and without modifying our opinion, we
draw this matter to your attention"

This is the relevant passage

"Emphasis of matter – new stadium project
Note 10 to the Financial Statements discloses that the balance sheet at 30 June 2015 includes capitalised costs amounting to £2,997,000
in connection with the proposed new stadium project. A number of important milestones, including completion of the site acquisition
and undertaking of the necessary fund raising process, remain outstanding before the project can progress to a construction stage.
Notwithstanding the lengthy timeframe for this project, and the risks and uncertainties involved, the Directors remain confident of
progressing the development. Accordingly, the Directors have concluded that it remains appropriate to continue to carry these costs in
the balance sheet. Given the significance of this conclusion to the overall Financial Statements, and without modifying our opinion, we
draw this matter to your attention"

Yep that's what you should be worried about.

Basically the auditors have ask, you sure this is getting built?

Stewarty and co have said yep, pretty confident. Auditors not convinced clearly. Hence the disclosure in the accounts and the above paragraph in the audit opinion. The auditors will have insisted on this.

Re McGowan, I'd be more interested in what Hearts fans say about him. If a player comes into a club in crisis they can often sink to their level. It's like the Hibs effect. Liam Craig, David Wotherspoon were both proved to be decent players after leaving Butcher/Fenlon's Hibees.

He'd be well regarded at Tynecastle even if he hadn't been part of the 5-1 cup final.

As things stand he's a fucking legend.

Title race back on! It's a pity Aberdeen had that poor run a few weeks back.

An Aberdeen/Hibs double in the Premiership/Championship would go a long way to alleviating the pain of my own team going down.

I saw this and thought "why would anyone outside Leith be pleased to see Hibs win the Championship?"

Then I remembered that Rangers exist.

Good to see Romeo not getting any bites (other than this one, consider it an early xmas present x)

No one doubting the validity of my claim. I also wanted a play station.

I was going to post a response earlier but Neil Lennon had a knife at my throat. Sum boi!

^^^ Obsessed with the Bolton manager

Merry Christmas, Romeo.

Merry Christmas ya auld c**t. The wife says hello.