The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Lads, I wouldnt worry too much.

This weekend you are playing the "need 3 points? Cant score in a brothel and manager under pressure?" charity club.

HTH and congratulations on your first win in a few weeks.......................

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

This weekend you are playing the "need 3 points? Cant score in a brothel and manager under pressure?" charity club.

That's us, shirley?

Guest Bob Mahelp

Cormack's idea to go on radio and 'communicate' was a good one. 

His idea to go on radio, rant like a madman, sound like a trans-Atlantic David Brent, and quote idiotic, meaningless 'day-ta' was not a good one. Don't even get me started on the 'Motherwell chairman called me and fans have been e-mailing'. 

It's up there with the Chuck Green banter years, and Cormack should correctly be ridiculed for it. 

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I doubt it'll be 0-0.

Fair point - I appreciate Glass has come in for some criticism, but I am certain he will have spotted that - in a change to last season, every single cross into our box seems to result in a goal.....................

49 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Have you actually looked at who has beaten us in the last four matches?

49 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Cormack's idea to go on radio and 'communicate' was a good one. 

His idea to go on radio, rant like a madman, sound like a trans-Atlantic David Brent, and quote idiotic, meaningless 'day-ta' was not a good one. Don't even get me started on the 'Motherwell chairman called me and fans have been e-mailing'. 

It's up there with the Chuck Green banter years, and Cormack should correctly be ridiculed for it. 

He’s going to have to go some to win you over. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
44 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Fair point - I appreciate Glass has come in for some criticism, but I am certain he will have spotted that - in a change to last season, every single cross into our box seems to result in a goal.....................

I wouldn't worry too much m8, honestly. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
Just now, kingjoey said:

He’s going to have to go some to win you over. 

All that has to happen is for the team to start winning, and I'll be his number one disciple. I promise.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

So was I, that was his brother I think, it wasn't George

Just as well there’s someone of a similar age to me to correct my mistakes. Of course it wasn’t George because he went down to England. It was, as you said, his brother Andy.

Guest Bob Mahelp
2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just as well there’s someone of a similar age to me to correct my mistakes. Of course it wasn’t George because he went down to England. It was, as you said, his brother Andy.

That makes 3 of us that were the Cowdenbeath - Dons game at the end of the 70's. 

You're correct of course, Andy Kinnell was a Cowdenbeath legend, if memory serves me correctly. He left Cowdenbeath though before we played them, went to St Johnstone I believe. 

If Glass stubbornly sticks with same formation and tactics we are screwed.

Will guess he will so banker away win it is, and at 19/10 paddy power like buying money .

Fill yer boots Hibs fans,as can't bet against my own team.

Clutching at straws we will actually win a football match.............................not really .

Surprise me Dons.coyr 

21 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That makes 3 of us that were the Cowdenbeath - Dons game at the end of the 70's. 

You're correct of course, Andy Kinnell was a Cowdenbeath legend, if memory serves me correctly. He left Cowdenbeath though before we played them, went to St Johnstone I believe. 

It was season 1970-71  http://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=2960&season=1970-71&squad=Senior , you're probably thinking of the League Cup game in 1977-78  http://afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=3274&season=1977-78&squad=Senior

ETA: He couldn't have left for St Johnstone before they played us, he scored an own goal in the match

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Totally boring facts. The 7-0 match was in December 1970 and was the week before I went to Celtic Park for the very first time when Joe Harper scored the only goal. In the Cowdenbeath match Andy Kinnell scored a double og and Joe Harper got a hat trick, with my favourite photo of him on his knees in front of the King Street End taken after his third goal.

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The guy currently in that job is retiring, how exactly is hiring someone else to replace him a sign the club is miles behind everyone else?

Given all the nonsense Cormack seemingly said last night you should have probably stuck to that if you wanted to take the piss instead of making out like you're qualified to talk about the setup of every club in the league.

Edited by Rodhull