The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

When you know, you know lads.

19/09/2021 at 08:25, Don exotic said:

It's really gone wrong since what looked a bright start with that BK Hacken game. I really hope Glass and the coaches can find a formation that works soon. It's possible we may do better against the better teams when things are more open, than the stodgy recent teams who have been trying to prevent a football match breaking out. If not we're screwed.

Without getting too carried away as he is still learning the position, McCrorie is beginning to look like a fairly accomplished and comfortable centre-back at this level. Still more at home in a three, but growing into the role and his athleticism is very useful when we are more open. 

McGeouch makes us a better team, I think. He is an understated but effective player. 

41 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Without getting too carried away as he is still learning the position, McCrorie is beginning to look like a fairly accomplished and comfortable centre-back at this level. Still more at home in a three, but growing into the role and his athleticism is very useful when we are more open. 

McGeouch makes us a better team, I think. He is an understated but effective player. 

Didn't think he was too good in the first half. Constantly on Browns toes. 

Brilliant in the second half though.

9 minutes ago, Arnie said:

Great 2nd half performance Ferguson back to his best but where do you think browns best position is sweeper or midfield? 

He can play well in either, but at the moment having his experience in defense is more valuable to the team.

I loved that game today.

Said to my mate when Hearts got their penalty that it may be the best thing, as the team were playing within themselves first half.
Second half performance was superb.

Cracking atmosphere too……….keep the radio appearances coming Mr Cormack, I was clearly wrong to find it a tad toe-curling at the time.

My evening entertainment has been a night with legends Kennedy and McMaster.
When asked about Calvin Ramsay, all Kennedy would say was “there’s no way that fkin Stevie May is doing that to me, and WTF was he doing for Celtic’s winning goal”……..he’s not sharing the love.

He also reckons certain anglos in the Argentina 78 squad were “poison” and were apparently known to have cheered when Rep made it 3-2.

I think Ramsay would be suited further up the pitch as one on right of the two supporting Ramirez. Benefit from his delivers more and take pressure off the defensive side and using his younger legs for pressing. Hedges/Watkins. Just don't fancy the Gurr shaped issue it could create.

Also thought McKenzie (quarabag after sending off) could be class in one as LCB in a 3. Kind of Tierney style in Clarke's Scotland team. Him and McRorie either side of Gallagher or Brown.

Ramirez.

Watkins/Hedges/Ramsay.  (2 of)

Hayes     Ferguson     McLennan.          

Brown.

McKenzie Gallagher McRorie.

Lewis.

Ojo would be on bench with Bates and it'd be unfortunate for Campbell who has been cracking this last week. There would be a pretty good B team also when all are fit. 

We've a strong squad when everyone is fit. Really strong.  Strong B team too.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Ramsey and MacKenzie are both cracking players with loads of potential, but there's no doubt at all that we've been a better team with them having an enforced rest. 

6 hours ago, gudge1903 said:

I think Ramsay would be suited further up the pitch as one on right of the two supporting Ramirez. Benefit from his delivers more and take pressure off the defensive side and using his younger legs for pressing. Hedges/Watkins. Just don't fancy the Gurr shaped issue it could create.

Also thought McKenzie (quarabag after sending off) could be class in one as LCB in a 3. Kind of Tierney style in Clarke's Scotland team. Him and McRorie either side of Gallagher or Brown.

Ramirez.

Watkins/Hedges/Ramsay.  (2 of)

Hayes     Ferguson     McLennan.          

Brown.

McKenzie Gallagher McRorie.

Lewis.

Ojo would be on bench with Bates and it'd be unfortunate for Campbell who has been cracking this last week. There would be a pretty good B team also when all are fit. 

We've a strong squad when everyone is fit. Really strong.  Strong B team too.

Disagree. Like Robertson for Liverpool o think Ramsay benefits coming from deep positions.

Hayes has been a liability for me but brilliant defending from the front. I'd only play him in one of the top positions like we did yesterday and on Wednesday.

MacKenzie could definitely slip in as one of the three CB's though.

Think if there’s a back 3 with Broon in the middle, Ramsay will improve the team no end if in the wing back type role Ojo has been playing. Ojo has worked hard and done well, but so many times over the last 2 games when it comes to him in the opponents half the momentum is lost abit. The attacking ability of the team will be much better.