The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

23 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Thanks for that.

We can safely go about our day now that this Hibee has spoken.

A ken, Cormack and Gunn will be delighted they can stop negotiating with Liverpool now and just accept the completely arbitrary figure that some 3rd rate 'journalist' from the Daily Record has pulled out their arse.

Ramsay is underrated by a section of our support, like McKenna in the months before he left for England, but I think the sort of numbers being bandied around seem like a reasonable deal for all parties. 

2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Aberdeen are in no position to be demanding £10m for anyone. Half of that would be an excellent deal for a kid after one half-decent season.

This is a harsh truth tbf 

Anything over £5 million would be sensational business 

13 hours ago, Illgresi said:

... as evidenced by the fact Everton signed Patterson, and Liverpool want Ramsay.

This is true but I haven't seen anyone mention the prominent role of Russ Richardson in this transfer.

Or maybe I just missed the posts mentioning it, but I'm assuming that Richardson has alerted Liverpool to Ramsey.

1 hour ago, Rodhull said:

Aye just saw that, seems a bit strange him being released without being offered a contract if championship sides are after him.

It does seem odd, even more so because his position isn't one we're particularly strong in. Although, we heard this with Ethan Ross going to Southampton on trial after being freed and he ended up at Raith. 

14 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

It does seem odd, even more so because his position isn't one we're particularly strong in. Although, we heard this with Ethan Ross going to Southampton on trial after being freed and he ended up at Raith. 

Yeah could well be right. Think Ross' agent got him expecting unrealistic interest last summer. Took him a while even to go to Raith from what I recall.

Ironically I think with the injuries/players out of form we had this season Ross probably would have got a pretty decent amount of game time.

9 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Aye just saw that, seems a bit strange him being released without being offered a contract if championship sides are after him.

Looks like Forrest are just beefing up the youth team tbh. You get guys down there in the youth set up until 23 with no hope of playing for the first team.

8 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah could well be right. Think Ross' agent got him expecting unrealistic interest last summer. Took him a while even to go to Raith from what I recall.

Ironically I think with the injuries/players out of form we had this season Ross probably would have got a pretty decent amount of game time.

Ross would have been a prominent player regardless of injuries IMO. Badly advised, I feel, but hopefully he kicks on at Raith.

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Looks like Forrest are just beefing up the youth team tbh. You get guys down there in the youth set up until 23 with no hope of playing for the first team.

Ross would have been a prominent player regardless of injuries IMO. Badly advised, I feel, but hopefully he kicks on at Raith.

He's a silly boy that was badly advised, but I'd have him back personally. Hopefully AFC were smart enough when they arranged the compensation with Raith, to agree a cheap fee to bring him back.

Edited by Illgresi

4 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

He's a silly boy that was badly advised, but I'd have him back personally. Hopefully AFC were smart enough when they arranged the compensation with Raith, to agree a cheap fee to bring him back.

Has he done well enough at raith to justify that? 

Genuine question as I don’t know. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I'm not sure either, I'm merely going on the promise he showed when with us.

6 minutes ago, Illgresi said:

I'm not sure either, I'm merely going on the promise he showed when with us.

He showed some promise but tbh if he fucked off for an opportunity in England, landed at raith and hasn’t done the business for them then it’s a no from me. 

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've seen brief highlights of goals or stuff he's posted on Instagram but wary of saying he's done well incase there's any Raith psychos lurking.

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He showed some promise but tbh if he fucked off for an opportunity in England, landed at raith and hasn’t done the business for them then it’s a no from me. 

28 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've seen brief highlights of goals or stuff he's posted on Instagram but wary of saying he's done well incase there's any Raith psychos lurking.

He's got the potential to step back up in level but probably not quite the consistency yet to be attracting any serious interest.

His best performances for us have come playing in a free role off the centre forward and he has been a genuine goal threat when playing in that role. In my opinion he is probably the best finisher at the club, although that's not necessarily a high bar based on this season.

In the last few months of the season he has been played more out wide as we started to play two strikers more often and he's been more hit and miss there, and he's had a couple of niggles with injuries which haven't helped.

He seems to love being at the club though and I would imagine that most Rovers fans are looking for him to step up and deliver on a consistent basis next season because he's definitely got the ability.

When we signed him McGlynn hinted that part of the agreement was that Aberdeen would get a significant percentage of any future transfer fee we got for him. No mention of any agreed buy back deal for Aberdeen but then that's probably not something that we would disclose anyway.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

He's got the potential to step back up in level but probably not quite the consistency yet to be attracting any serious interest.

His best performances for us have come playing in a free role off the centre forward and he has been a genuine goal threat when playing in that role. In my opinion he is probably the best finisher at the club, although that's not necessarily a high bar based on this season.

In the last few months of the season he has been played more out wide as we started to play two strikers more often and he's been more hit and miss there, and he's had a couple of niggles with injuries which haven't helped.

He seems to love being at the club though and I would imagine that most Rovers fans are looking for him to step up and deliver on a consistent basis next season because he's definitely got the ability.

When we signed him McGlynn hinted that part of the agreement was that Aberdeen would get a significant percentage of any future transfer fee we got for him. No mention of any agreed buy back deal for Aberdeen but then that's probably not something that we would disclose anyway.

Cheers for that. 

looking forward to taking a % of the fee we pay to take him back.