The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

That new stadium looks every bit as shit as we all knew it would be. It's something you'd expect of a new franchise club - a bit like Livi's ground, really. In the middle of nowhere too. Ooft.

Must be brutal knowing that's your future when you look at the likes of a finished Tynecastle and Easter Road in the heart of our nations capital.

That new stadium looks every bit as shit as we all knew it would be. It's something you'd expect of a new franchise club - a bit like Livi's ground, really. In the middle of nowhere too. Ooft.

Must be brutal knowing that's your future when you look at the likes of a finished Tynecastle and Easter Road in the heart of our nations capital.

Tynecastle would be good if it wasn't a library

9 minutes ago, AberDon said:

Tynecastle would be good if it wasn't a library

I must be missing out on the raucous full houses week in, week out, at stadiums across the country.

Wait, no, they're all quiet as well. The difference being Tynecastle (and Easter Road) can play host to those special, electric occasions whenever they do come around.

They're also just far better places to watch football regardless of atmosphere, with superior options for pre-match and post-match.

Edited by Elixir

I also wonder where Aberdeen got the idea for a museum and memorial garden when looking at "best in class facilities in stadia across the UK and Europe"?

Edited by Elixir

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I must be missing out on the raucous full houses week in, week out, at stadiums across the country.

Wait, no, they're all quiet as well. The difference being Tynecastle (and Easter Road) can play host to those special, electric occasions whenever they do come around.

They're also just far better places to watch football regardless of atmosphere, with superior options for pre-match and post-match.

It's just a pity the actual match is gash...

Aw bless, he's even defending hibs in his little crusade that is in no way a chip on his shoulder

31 minutes ago, Elixir said:

I also wonder where Aberdeen got the idea for a museum and memorial garden when looking at "best in class facilities in stadia across the UK and Europe"?

It's something that has been planned since the 90s, mate.

You're probably correct in thinking that Aberdeen fans would rather the stadium remain in the city, however, maintenance costs are enormous and redeveloping without the capital that will be raised from the sale of the existing ground would be completely unviable.

It's a pity that this downturn has come at this time as the Pittodrie site is possibly worth a few quid less than say 5-10 years ago (I'm no housing market expert so this could be complete crap)

What we will have is a purpose built facility that will go on providing for the club for years to come and until it's finished I don't think that we can really be having a go at it.

As for Tynecastle, I'll be sad to see the John Robertson lounge disappear when the new main stand is built. That's about the extent of corporate at Tynecastle.

33 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

It's a pity that this downturn has come at this time as the Pittodrie site is possibly worth a few quid less than say 5-10 years ago (I'm no housing market expert so this could be complete crap)

We won't be selling the ground for quite a few years yet and I would think the Oil industry will pick up by the end of next year.

I took some photos on my phone and its basically what you've seen posted on here already/is in the Evening Express

I spoke to someone from the club about safe-standing, and he said that there will be a section as long as the trial at Celtic Park continues to be successful

2 hours ago, Illgresi said:

It's just a pity the actual match is gash...

That's Scottish fitba for you, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aw bless, he's even defending hibs in his little crusade that is in no way a chip on his shoulder

Why would I have a chip on my shoulder when we have and will continue to have a superior football stadium and fan experience to your provincial wee club?

Hibs are mentioned because the same thing applies.

2 hours ago, AberDon said:

It's something that has been planned since the 90s, mate.

I'd be hoping it takes another twenty years for work to start on your new community centre, then.

2 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Paulo pure seething about the Dandies

What else is new?

laughing*

1 hour ago, 10menwent2mow said:

As for Tynecastle, I'll be sad to see the John Robertson lounge disappear when the new main stand is built. That's about the extent of corporate at Tynecastle.

The Gorgie Suite is already very good and corporate/hospitality in the new main stand will be glorious with those sweet, sweet views over our majestic city.

Edited by Elixir

I don't get all the anger. We've got an opportunity to build a new stadium, it looks good I think in the photoshopped photo. Pittodrie is not now fit for purpose, too old and fails some criteria for UEFA. The new stadium will hopefully be better. Why all the anger? It's not really anyone else's business what we do with our stadium, is it? Some people really need to do a bit of growing up and realise that not everything revolves around them and their lives.