The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Saw a random twitter account getting quoted as us having an interest in bringing Johnny Russell back from the MLS. Partly because of the lack of Scots in the squad currently.

Probably just a made up rumour, decent player in his day but at 33 not sure how much he would have left in the tank.

55 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Saw a random twitter account getting quoted as us having an interest in bringing Johnny Russell back from the MLS. Partly because of the lack of Scots in the squad currently.

Probably just a made up rumour, decent player in his day but at 33 not sure how much he would have left in the tank.

Makes perfect sense as our ‘off the bench attacking option’ really. 

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

8 of the 25 man squad must be Scots.

Think some of the 8 (maybe 4?) have to have come through the ranks? 

Ritchie as 3rd goalie, Milne, Duncan, MacKenzie, Bavidge, Devlin.  
Can’t think who else would be a possible? 
Shinnie if the Wigan embargo doesn’t scupper it. 

They don't have to be Scots. 

They have to have been registered in Scotland for three years from age 15-21.

So Matthew Kennedy (in the unlikely event he stayed) and Ngwenya would count without any debate, despite them representing other nations. 

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They don't have to be Scots. 

They have to have been registered in Scotland for three years from age 15-21.

So Matthew Kennedy (in the unlikely event he stayed) and Ngwenya would count without any debate, despite them representing other nations. 

This is all bringing back some awkward football manager memories where you’re sticking some 16 year old in your European squad and leaving out a multi million pound player to compensate for your reckless transfer policy. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

This is all bringing back some awkward football manager memories where you’re sticking some 16 year old in your European squad and leaving out a multi million pound player to compensate for your reckless transfer policy. 

We should be relativley safe when it comes to leaving out multi million pound players. 

13 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Turns out the font I use doesn't like Croatian accents, which is why theres random blocks instead of letters 😅

teklic.png.cc61297abecfc82460a5e69f8cb70602.png

They often play 4-2-3-1 type shape, and hes played both as a deeper right sided CM, as the CAM, and as the RW for them. Even when central his play seems weighted towards the right side.

Could be fun as hes left footed, so you could have him cutting in from the right, and Duk cutting from the left, and still have room for Clarkson in the middle too.

Can't speak about the standard in Croatia, but I'd be wary of your man Richard Wilsons verdict. To me hes always come across very much one who believes Scottish football is just completely dogshit and every Eastern European team is under-rated simply because hes got more interest in football over there. ClubELO isn't perfect but they rate Teklins current team as around Motherwell/St Mirren level and the leagues as a fairly similar standard all round.

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Turns out the font I use doesn't like Croatian accents, which is why theres random blocks instead of letters 😅

They often play 4-2-3-1 type shape, and hes played both as a deeper right sided CM, as the CAM, and as the RW for them. Even when central his play seems weighted towards the right side.

Could be fun as hes left footed, so you could have him cutting in from the right, and Duk cutting from the left, and still have room for Clarkson in the middle too.

Can't speak about the standard in Croatia, but I'd be wary of your man Richard Wilsons verdict. To me hes always come across very much one who believes Scottish football is just completely dogshit and every Eastern European team is under-rated simply because hes got more interest in football over there. ClubELO isn't perfect but they rate Teklins current team as around Motherwell/St Mirren level and the leagues as a fairly similar standard all round.

When the alternative is Shayden Morris then it's Teklic for me every time 

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Could have saved yourself the bother by saying he's shite, min.

16 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/matija-kolaric/profil/spieler/366062

Predominately a right back but can operate as a right/let winger too. And a captain. 

I'm quite excited. 

Any idea how many Scottish players we are required to register for Europe?

He looks like a complete thug. 

Exactly what you want from a defender! 👏