The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

33 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Surely a replacement for Watkins?

You'd think so but who knows.

I'm all for waiting for the new strip reveal if it consists of several 6'+ Balkan ballers standing arms folded behind Clarkson.

8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Mental how we’re winning the fucking lot next season

Should be most enjoyable 

Is it the future you see Frank?

42 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Surely a replacement for Watkins?

I think there's a decent chance Bojan will leave us this summer and Ester will be his replacement. Southampton amongst other clubs are after Bojan. If we receive 4 million plus for Miovski that's good business.  I just can't see this guy coming in to be a third choice striker. I don't think we've ever spent a fee to sign a third choice striker. Alternatively, Robson is changing our style of play and Miovski, Duk and Sokler may all start in the same team.

4 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I think there's a decent chance Bojan will leave us this summer and Ester will be his replacement. Southampton amongst other clubs are after Bojan. If we receive 4 million plus for Miovski that's good business.  I just can't see this guy coming in to be a third choice striker. I don't think we've ever spent a fee to sign a third choice striker. Alternatively, Robson is changing our style of play and Miovski, Duk and Sokler may all start in the same team.

@ 50 seconds..

Get him signed.

56 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Just wonder if we are selling Bojan or Duk.

Or we've decided to go for it and have 3 quality strikers.

Ester Sokler:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/ester-sokler/profil/spieler/481244

FWIW. A similarity over 90% usually suggests they play in a really similar way.

bojan.thumb.png.f3e51942b03a9c7e1ea0d4143ae18eee.png

Feels a fairly decent shout to suggest hes a Miovski replacement?

Looks worse but hes playing in a worse team so possession figures are usually lower.

Could easily have been one you had on the same shortlist as Miovski last Summer.

I'm really hoping we are holding on to Miovski and Duk until 2024.

Teams would need to offer silly money for us to part with either so soon and I'm hoping no clubs are feeling too silly.

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

I'm really hoping we are holding on to Miovski and Duk until 2024.

Teams would need to offer silly money for us to part with either so soon and I'm hoping no clubs are feeling too silly.

Yeah I don't see us selling Miovski this summer unless somebody comes in with a £5m+ offer. Still got 3 years on his contract. 

We're going to have 50+ games this season and if Robson sees Miovski as central to how he wants to play it's good management to get another striker with similar qualities so that if Bojan picks up a couple of niggle Injuries or gets tired we've got a ready made replacement. 

26 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

We just need to sign a Serb & a Kosovan & we’re good to go to war on a Saturday.

With each other. 

Dave has already organised the lead act for the next pre-match event at the Beach Ballroom.

IMG_0310.jpeg

5 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

'Riskier move' is in line with transfermarkt who value Teklic at €1.5M but Sokler is only at €0.4M.

If we know that Duk and Miovski are staying until 2024 we can afford to take a punt on someone with a high ceiling that could go the way of those two as opposed to paying very high wages to pick up a Van Veen or S.Fletcher for example

4 minutes ago, d31 said:

'Riskier move' is in line with transfermarkt who value Teklic at €1.5M but Sokler is only at €0.4M.

If we know that Duk and Miovski are staying until 2024 we can afford to take a punt on someone with a high ceiling that could go the way of those two as opposed to paying very high wages to pick up a Van Veen or S.Fletcher for example

We have to pay for the Doric AFAS Stadion I've decided we are going to build somehow, and it most definitely is not going to be by spending fortunes on past it / one season wonders.

I'd take the punt every time on the proviso we have Duk / Miovski like you said.