The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

41 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

image.thumb.png.12e189a047361e26f0c1883fc96358ff.png

Edit: Why would Clarkson tell some random guy while on holiday who he's signing for.

It may be a random girl that's being kept abreast of the in n' outs by shagger Clarkson in Ibiza after a few cheeky ones.

Real or not its infinitely more plausible than the Morelos one, as funny as it would have been🤣

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Using the word “famous” is a bit cringeworthy surely!

If you actually are famous you’d never use it as an adjective as that would just be embarrassing!

It does work better as a proper noun, you're right. 

"The Famous" 

Thanks for your input, cap. 

3 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Just that Joe Lewis was obviously saying farewell at the St Mirren and Celtic games so I thought he would be announced along with those out of contract.

In essence, what I mean is that I thought his departure would be a straightforward affair, with him likely to retire.

probably wait until we sign a new keeper before making a serious offer to rip up the contract

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is he over the injury problems hes had?

Im half worried he makes a triumphant return to us then spends half the season injured.

I can't recall any big issues this season.

Robson clearly didn't fancy him after his first few games. The writing was on the wall when McCrorie was out post-split and Robson played Coulson and then Richardson ahead of him on the right. I thought he was one of our better players around Christmas, but we were dire then so it might just have been a case of looking half-decent by comparison. I did always quite like him technically, though. 

I have visions of him cupping his ears to our fans when he pings a 25-yard free-kick into the top corner for yourselves or St Mirren at Pittodrie in November. 

3 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Using the word “famous” is a bit cringeworthy surely!

If you actually are famous you’d never use it as an adjective as that would just be embarrassing!

As long as it provokes a reaction from opposition fans I imagine we’ll keep doing it 

We’ll add you to the pile 

2 hours ago, d31 said:

probably wait until we sign a new keeper before making a serious offer to rip up the contract

I'd be extremely reluctant to play him again if I were Robson.

I'll be surprised if he appears in the first preseason training pics that the club publish.

He's probably already back down south.

6 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

And my reaction is “cringe”

feel free to keep doing it 😘

Given the thread title has been in place for 9 years, why has it suddenly caught your attention? Makes a bit of a mockery of your posting name.

7 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'd be extremely reluctant to play him again if I were Robson.

I'll be surprised if he appears in the first preseason training pics that the club publish.

He's probably already back down south.

I agree with every statement but can still drag out the negotiations until we have our sub keeper lined up. 

https://www.aberdeenlive.news/sport/football/aberdeen-set-miss-out-fish-8519836

The Manchester United defender enjoyed a promising campaign at Easter Road and looks set to be back in Lee Johnson's squad as the Dons opt to pursue other defensive options. Aberdeen are reportedly set to miss out on bringing Will Fish to Pittodrie as the Dons target looks set to return to Hibs next season.

10 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The Manchester United defender enjoyed a promising campaign at Easter Road and looks set to be back in Lee Johnson's squad as the Dons opt to pursue other defensive options. Aberdeen are reportedly set to miss out on bringing Will Fish to Pittodrie as the Dons target looks set to return to Hibs next season.

Fish will be gutted

31 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Lol.

”miss out”.

We have other targets ahead of him.

We all know how it usually pans out if Aberdeen & Hibs are after the same player. 

Suggests to me that Jay Idzes is coming in. 
Note that Alan Burrows is now following him on InstaWhatsAppBook. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

17 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Lol.

”miss out”.

We have other targets ahead of him.

We all know how it usually pans out if Aberdeen & Hibs are after the same player. 

Suggests to me that Jay Idzes is coming in. 
Note that Alan Burrows is now following him on InstaWhatsAppBook. 

This. Presume weve got Idzes or Pollock for RCH if weve pulled out of the race for Fish.

38 minutes ago, d31 said:

This. Presume weve got Idzes or Pollock for RCH if weve pulled out of the race for Fish.

According to the DR, Aberdeen "had other defensive options ahead of him". I'm genuinely excited by the prospect of Jay Idezs despite knowing absolutely nothing about the lad. Supposedly we are after 2 centre backs which would almost guarantee Anthony Stewart is away.

I still think Morris, Richardson, Lewis, Barron, Ngwenga, Polvara and Roberts will all leave this summer. 

As has been said elsewhere, I think we'll make sure the starting 11 is of a decent standard with the rest of the bench made up of majority youth players. I don't think we'll go with nearly as big a squad as Hearts did this season.

Edited by HarleyQuinn