The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

5 minutes ago, d31 said:

Its going to be a long way to 1st September for keeping hold of Duk and Miovski.

Duk going would be a bigger blow.

He scores more from open play & creates far more than Miovski. 

He’d be harder to replace than Miovski.

Burrows said earlier, when talking about the Slovenian lad, that he was bought to add competition to Duk & Miovski. 

One more season please. 

2 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Can’t say I know anything about him.

Is he good enough to be no1 if Roos is injured long-term? 

Can’t say I’ve seen a ton of him. I remember seeing him play for a Scotland u-21s a few times back in the day. Would imagine he’d be a fair bit better than the likes of Woods but probably still a decent drop in standard from Roos.

7 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Can’t say I’ve seen a ton of him. I remember seeing him play for a Scotland u-21s a few times back in the day. Would imagine he’d be a fair bit better than the likes of Woods but probably still a decent drop in standard from Roos.

I remember we had him on loan for a short while. He seemed fairly competent and he was just a young lad then. Definitely worth a punt.  

10 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I suppose it’s hard to have two top keepers of the same level.

The question should maybe be, is he an upgrade on Lewis?

41 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

Though I agree, I’ve got a lot more confidence in Robson’s ability to man manage a situation like that effectively compared to our l previous manager…

New manager,new slate imo.

No idea how true the "toys out the pram" storys were under Goodwin but I think we need to give him the chance to show if he is capable of contributing, whether that's from the bench or not.

Any petted lip shite get him gone.

9 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Tutto Mercato Web says Torino are close to Duk and negotiations are advanced. 
Hopefully made up shite, and is the only relevant result from googling “ Duk Torino”

8 figure minimum, not including pence.

I did the duk Torino search also, worth it for the dandy getting called a sheep shagger in Italian tbh.

If Torino had put a bid in for Duk and it had been accepted (which is what they are implying) then it would have been covered by sports media in the UK. Burrows wouldn't have tweeted his comment regarding Sokler being signed to compete with Bojan and Duk.

Bologna, Spezia and the English sides who have all expressed an interest in Duk over the past few months haven't even made a bid. It's highly likely to be a load of nonsense.

On a separate note, Ross Doohan would be a good signing. Especially as back up. I recall he got rave reviews previously during his time in Scotland. Just wonder if he is seen as a long term replacement for Roos. Although I'd rather we extended Roos' time with us and he remained our number 1.

We paid a small 6 figure fee for Leighton Clarkson (incredible business) and not the twitter rumoured 1.6 million that Hearts fan are claiming it was (desperately praying its a huge chunk of our budget lol). Burrows has tweeted that the DNA membership funds helped pay for the transfer fee and as one Dons fan replied the DNA scheme has proven its value to the club. Fantastic stuff. I'm personally going to go sign up for a DNA membership for the first time this summer. For a lot of younger supporters this is one of the most exciting periods we've had supporting the club.

image.thumb.png.9956a868996a2b373e0e84f368c6a44b.png

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

We paid a small 6 figure fee for Leighton Clarkson (incredible business) and not the twitter rumoured 1.6 million that Hearts fan are claiming it was (desperately praying its a huge chunk of our budget lol). Burrows has tweeted that the DNA membership funds helped pay for the transfer fee and as one Dons fan replied the DNA scheme has proven its value to the club. Fantastic stuff. I'm personally going to go sign up for a DNA membership for the first time this summer. For a lot of younger supporters this is one of the most exciting periods we've had supporting the club.

image.thumb.png.9956a868996a2b373e0e84f368c6a44b.png

Not so sure it was a small six figure fee.

£750k & £8k per week is what I was told.

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Can’t say I know anything about him.

Is he good enough to be no1 if Roos is injured long-term? 

He is also Scottish and even if he is always on the bench, this would be helpful for the European quota. If we add Shinnie I think this would be covered.