The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

23 hours ago, logie skid boys said:

Hearing Craig Brown in palliative care .good man Craig ,sad news 

Of course it is sad news and thoughts are with the family…..however for a guy with such an amazing life as Craig Brown with all he has achieved then at least he/his family can look back fondly at all the great times in his life.

A small consolation I know and I hope the above comes across as well as I intended it.

14 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Assumed that was Burrows’ “not so new” recruit.

3 years sounds cavalier for a hardworking midfielder at his age but I guess it’s compensation for a drop in wages.

On this occasion, the "good to have about the place" squad player role might actually work.

23 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Assumed that was Burrows’ “not so new” recruit.

3 years sounds cavalier for a hardworking midfielder at his age but I guess it’s compensation for a drop in wages.

Can see it being 3 years and maybe going into the coaching side that last year. Might finish his career up at ICT if doesn’t fancy coaching 

16 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Of course it is sad news and thoughts are with the family…..however for a guy with such an amazing life as Craig Brown with all he has achieved then at least he/his family can look back fondly at all the great times in his life.

A small consolation I know and I hope the above comes across as well as I intended it.

All of us will wholeheartedly agree with this.

A lovely man who is hugely popular right across Scottish football.

He will be sorely missed when he sadly passes away

Looks like Shinnie is negotiating a release from his current contract with Wigan meaning he'd be a free transfer. Great business if true.

Rhys Williams is colossal. 6'5 in height. A monster in the air. I personally think he looks a considerably better player than Jay Idezs (probably went for him first as he would have been a permanent signing) based purely on their respective youtube highlights. The downside is it would be a loan move again however Liverpool have told the player they're open to selling him. Hopefully we have an option to buy at the end of his loan. He has 22 first team appearances for Liverpool both in the league and Champions league. Could be a major coup like Clarkson. Dare I say potentially even more so than Pollock (apparently we are still trying for a loan move).

I think we'll see Shinnie, Scales and Williams turning up for preseason.

I've read others are claiming we've missed out on Teklic unfortunately as we couldn't agree a fee. Disappointing as he sounded like a very good player. However we'll have others lined up.

Rest in peace Craig Brown.

Still the last manager to take the national team to the World Cup (can it really be 25 years ago!)

As Dons boss he signed Anderson, Reynolds, McGinn and Hayes and set up the groundwork for McInnes to come in and win the League Cup in 2014 with the bulk of the team having arrived under Craig's management.

A legend. 

It will be his service to his country that Craig Brown would want, and rightfully, will be remembered; however, he served our club with class and dignity for over ten years and was still attending our games and representing the club throughout his last days.

He now heads upstairs to take on his new role as a historical figure in the highs and lows of Scottish Football.

The only time I can recall being near him, if not in his company, was at the bar in Aberdeen Airport (before the famous win in Rijeka) where he stood with Ian Donald requesting a cup of tea whilst Donald bought a round of stronger drinks. Brown attempted to pay for the round whereupon Donald insisted that he kept his money in his pocket.

I'll go and watch that Scottish 0-0 draw in Moscow he was so keen on referencing throughout his latter managerial days.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

Seen him at the Dougie Bell event last October wasn’t looking the best then. 

remember being in corporate and saw Russell Anderson and Mark Reynolds. Asked for a photo. Spotted Craig Brown said come on Craig you jump in too. He was chatting to some lassie. Russell came away with “no chance your getting his attention he’s with a lassie”