The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Interesting that the likes of Hayes and McCrorie can do this - whilst AB postcoders such as The Rat at Ibrox and Barron take a different view.

image.png.45602983bb75c78e30a3b17c89347fed.png

Edited by tarapoa

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Interesting that the likes of Hayes and McCrorie can do this - whilst AB24 postcoders such as The Rat at Ibrox and Barron take a different view.

image.png.45602983bb75c78e30a3b17c89347fed.png

I'm sure the new contract paying him more money each week would also factor into why he signed it. Pretty much every decision made by players nowadays are dictated by agents, so they are made with their own benefit in mind.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

I'm sure the new contract paying him more money each week would also factor into why he signed it. Pretty much every decision made by players nowadays are dictated by agents, so they are made with their own benefit in mind.

Well, yes.

We've given players wage rises with the sole purpose of raising their value. See McKenna and Ferguson.

5 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Well, yes.

We've given players wage rises with the sole purpose of raising their value. See McKenna and Ferguson.

Correct, and it's the right thing to do. I was mainly suggesting that McCrorie claiming he signed the deal to protect Aberdeen on the transfer front is little more than lip-service. He signed it as it earned him more money.

18 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Well, yes.

Player gets additional pay, security and assurance that the club will be fair when there’s serious interest. 

Club retains its best talent and maximises value when the player moves on. 

Almost like this stuff can be mutually beneficial and respectful between player and club. 

Edited by Dons_1988

On 04/07/2023 at 16:01, Dons_1988 said:

Player gets additional pay, security and assurance that the club will be fair when there’s serious interest. 

Club retains its best talent and maximises value when the player moves on. 

Almost like this stuff can be mutually beneficial and respectful between player and club. 

Ssshhh, he's still hurting from the mega millions lost from Morelos and Kent. 

9 hours ago, starryfish said:

October 21st until our first Saturday home match

I know that I am old fashioned but TV and European schedules these days are "developing " our game in the wrong direction. 

3pm on a Saturday has always felt right and waiting until the latter part of October to experience it at Pittodrie is just wrong. 

On 04/07/2023 at 15:49, AJF said:

Correct, and it's the right thing to do. I was mainly suggesting that McCrorie claiming he signed the deal to protect Aberdeen on the transfer front is little more than lip-service. He signed it as it earned him more money.

Not strictly true. If McCrorie hadn't signed an extended deal, when his contract was up he would have moved for no fee. I would imagine that whoever he moved to would increase the signing on fee to McCrorie as they wouldn't have paid a transfer fee. 

5 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Do we have a sell on clause with Scott Wright? According to the Daily Record, The Rangers have been offered 2 million from a Saudi Arabian club.

That was a made up rumour. Someone created it to "out" journalists stealing stories.

10 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Ross Doohan announced. A bit meh but it was a position needing filled.

Its not the most exciting signing but as you say its a required signing.

Although I know nothing about him I do recall a lot of hype about him while at Ayr Utd.