The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

37 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Its not the most exciting signing but as you say its a required signing.

Although I know nothing about him I do recall a lot of hype about him while at Ayr Utd.

He came to County on the back of that… turned out he was tiny, passive and shite.

17 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

He came to County on the back of that… turned out he was tiny, passive and shite.

We were never going to get a world beater, or anyone close, to sit on the bench for a season. He'll have to do. Scott McKenna was, apparently, shite at Ayr. 

A no2 keeper is a difficult one.

With a limited budget, not sure we can afford to have genuine competition for Roos. 

Also, we are also conscious of the European “homegrown” rule, and a reserve keeper can use up one of those 8 slots, as there’s not an obvious outfield player in Scotland we can realistically sign that is either affordable or good enough.

I don’t think Doohan would’ve been signed if it weren’t for the homegrown rule. 
A bit underwhelming & it would be a concern if Roos sustained a long-term injury.

We’ll need to hope Roos stays injury free & maintains his form from last season.

Whats needed now? 
2 centre halves   
1 left wing back. 
And I’d say 2 midfielders

Then, re-assess & maybe loan out a couple & offload Stewart, Lewis? 

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We were never going to get a world beater, or anyone close, to sit on the bench for a season. He'll have to do. Scott McKenna was, apparently, shite at Ayr. 

Absolutely.  It’s a perfectly reasonable signing to warm the bench. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Would imagine this now opens the door for Lewis to go. Would expect that to be announced pretty soon. 

Unless Ritchie goes on loan?

Then again can we afford Lewis & his big salary as a no3 keeper? 
Probably not.

Getting Lewis & Stewart off the wage bill gets £10k per week off the wage bill.  
Although, some sort of pay off may have to be agreed

49 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A no2 keeper is a difficult one.

With a limited budget, not sure we can afford to have genuine competition for Roos. 

Also, we are also conscious of the European “homegrown” rule, and a reserve keeper can use up one of those 8 slots, as there’s not an obvious outfield player in Scotland we can realistically sign that is either affordable or good enough.

I don’t think Doohan would’ve been signed if it weren’t for the homegrown rule. 
A bit underwhelming & it would be a concern if Roos sustained a long-term injury.

We’ll need to hope Roos stays injury free & maintains his form from last season.

Whats needed now? 
2 centre halves   
1 left wing back. 
And I’d say 2 midfielders

Then, re-assess & maybe loan out a couple & offload Stewart, Lewis? 

Depends if we go 3-5-2 again next year. 

19 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Depends if we go 3-5-2 again next year. 

We’ll not know that until we see the recruitment? 
ie, If we sign another couple of centre halves? 
I imagine Robson will want to keep Duk & Miovski up front as a 2, and the best way to achieve that is 3-5-2,?

We’ll get an idea pre season, especially in the games against Preston & Charlton 

20 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Not the most exciting transfer but a needed one. 
No opinion on the guy until he gets minutes (if any) 

Similar thoughts. Views from fans of previous clubs are kind of informative but i don't think he's had a run for a premier club and is only 24/25 which is young for a keeper. Since he last played in Scotland he's had a season and a half playing regular competitive games at an acceptable level for development. 

We'll see if he plays. 

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

We’ll not know that until we see the recruitment? 
ie, If we sign another couple of centre halves? 
I imagine Robson will want to keep Duk & Miovski up front as a 2, and the best way to achieve that is 3-5-2,?

We’ll get an idea pre season, especially in the games against Preston & Charlton 

I wonder if we'll change to 4231 but like you say we'll find out before too long through signings and the friendlies. 

9 hours ago, d31 said:

I wonder if we'll change to 4231 but like you say we'll find out before too long through signings and the friendlies. 

Maybe occasionally away from home against bigger teams but two up top with Duk and Miovski is one of our biggest strengths. I'm expecting a continuation of the 3-5-2 but as you say, we'll see in the friendlies and signings.

You could play a 4-3-3 similar to us, where one winger before a striker when attacking to make a 4-4-2, then more defensive when defending. 

So Duk would push up next to Miovski and Shinnie would become a sort of LCM/LM hybrid, then when defending Shinnie would be more central and Duk would defend the left wing.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You could play a 4-3-3 similar to us, where one winger before a striker when attacking to make a 4-4-2, then more defensive when defending. 

So Duk would push up next to Miovski and Shinnie would become a sort of LCM/LM hybrid, then when defending Shinnie would be more central and Duk would defend the left wing.

Don’t think we want Duk having defensive duties. It was part of game he struggled with last season. I would think we will stick with 2 up top in vast majority of games. 

12 hours ago, coprolite said:

Similar thoughts. Views from fans of previous clubs are kind of informative but i don't think he's had a run for a premier club and is only 24/25 which is young for a keeper. Since he last played in Scotland he's had a season and a half playing regular competitive games at an acceptable level for development. 

We'll see if he plays. 

For what it’s worth, Doohan was tremendous at Ayr. We tried to get him back for a second season but he went to County and sat on the bench which seemed to ruin him.

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

For what it’s worth, Doohan was tremendous at Ayr. We tried to get him back for a second season but he went to County and sat on the bench which seemed to ruin him.

He did two seasons at Ayr?