The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

31 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Anyone shed any light on this supposed ‘farewell’ from ramadani today? 

Ran up to the fans at the end, gave away shirt and training top then waving and lots of clapping. Other players were all going over to him as well. Would ahve been a weird thing to do if he was staying. Maybe he was just very thankful for the away support....

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s not like Rama is irreplaceable but the timing is pretty shit tbh. I know there’s time left in the window but it is shaping up quite badly so far. 

Steven Gunn more than happy to be thrust in to the spotlight when we sign a player. Would be good to get some form.of update from him.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s not like Rama is irreplaceable but the timing is pretty shit tbh. I know there’s time left in the window but it is shaping up quite badly so far. 

As it stands, we need;

2 centre halves (1 a lefty). 
1 left wing back. 
2 midfielders (if Rama goes)

Loan Ngwenya, maybe Milne, offload Stewart (his pathetic & lazy attempt to prevent their 2nd goal today was embarrassing) 

11 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

We need depth. 

I wasn't entirely serious.

If he's off to Serie A as reported we should have a six figure sum to fund a replacement, and it sounds like it's been on the cards a while so hopefully we've options lined up.

If he is off to Serie A then that's also a great story to pitch to potential targets. 

I'll be disappointed to see Ramadani leave. He gives his all. I'd be hoping for 1.5 million given he has 2 years remaining on his contract. I would also be expecting the club to get a good replacement for him. We could do with adding some height in the middle.

I don't want Baccus from St Mirren (I would take their right back Ryan Strain). 

We need 1 left centre back, Rubezic confirmed, A left back, 1 centre mid (if Rama leaves) and 2 attacking minded midfielders.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

46 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I'll be disappointed to see Ramadani leave. He gives his all. I'd be hoping for 1.5 million given he has 2 years remaining on his contract. I would also be expecting the club to get a good replacement for him. We could do with adding some height in the middle.

I don't want Baccus from St Mirren (I would take their right back Ryan Strain). 

We need 1 left centre back, Rubezic confirmed, A left back, 1 centre mid (if Rama leaves) and 2 attacking minded midfielders.

Re Ryan Strain, yes a good player, but we already have two right backs/right wing backs. 

4 hours ago, coprolite said:

I wasn't entirely serious.

If he's off to Serie A as reported we should have a six figure sum to fund a replacement, and it sounds like it's been on the cards a while so hopefully we've options lined up.

If he is off to Serie A then that's also a great story to pitch to potential targets. 

Ideally get a young loan in return from said Serie A club would be ideal. If someone worth taking. 

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Re Ryan Strain, yes a good player, but we already have two right backs/right wing backs. 

Planning ahead for next season! A championship side in England will pick him up if he continues to impress. He's caught the eye every time we've played St Mirren. Definitely a good player.

Is Baccus a realistic target for Aberdeen in the event Ramadani does leave. Bolton reportedly agreed a fee of 275k however pulled out of the deal. There were images of Baccus in crutches during the summer spurring questions of whether or not he failed a medical. Is he a good replacement for Ramadani? Would St Mirren accept the same fee they'd agreed with Bolton? I don't know much about Baccus however St Mirren fans appear to feel his form dropped after a great start to last season. 

Personally I would like to see some height added to the middle of the park and would be pleased to see us dip back into the Balkan pool of players we seem to have knowledge of.

Edited by HarleyQuinn