The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 hours ago, 72redz said:

A lot o chat aboot Williams potentially being returned tae Liverpool. Robson nae impressed wi his attitude and his ‘injury’ that the physios can’t fathom

Hopefully just rumours on all accounts.

really going into the season short which I’m surprised by. 

https://www.pianetalecce.it/news/169726086662/lecce-avanza-la-trattativa-per-ylber-ramadani-e-sul-futuro-di-hjulmand

Lecce: the negotiation for Ylber Ramadani is advancing.

Ylber Ramadani and Lecce: a combination that is now taking hold. The fixed point of the Albanian national team impressed Corvino and Trinchera and from the polls they moved on to negotiations.

During the week, the Giallorossi made a one million euro offer for Aberdeen, the club that owns his card, which is stalling. A push and pull: Lecce wants to guarantee the performance of the class of 1996 and could sink the blow.

Ylber Ramadani: who is the midfielder who impressed Lecce 

Ramadani is the more concrete name for the midfield, he would provide experience and geometries to the department. He has a contract until 2025 with the Scottish club, has great charisma and boasts 27 appearances for the selection of Albania. Data set to increase. He was not included in the holders of the last friendly.

Lecce: the Ramadani operation is not linked to the future of Hjulmand

Ramadani is a defensive midfielder, but he has characteristics that are not present in the squad. For this reason, Lecce intend to sign him regardless of Morten Hjulmand's future. The Salento's goal is to increase the technical rate of the squad and the Albanian was considered an interesting profile in this perspective.

20 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

As it stands, we need;

2 centre halves (1 a lefty). 
1 left wing back. 
2 midfielders (if Rama goes)

Loan Ngwenya, maybe Milne, offload Stewart (his pathetic & lazy attempt to prevent their 2nd goal today was embarrassing) 

I'd put Bavidge out on loan. Again, similar to Tynecastle at the end of last season, I wasn't impressed with his effort yesterday.

He reminds me a bit on Shankland at Aberdeen and spell in the lower leagues didn't do him any harm .

But I don't Bavidge is ready to make a significant contribution for the Aberdeen first team squad at present . 

And I wouldn't be loaning out Milne. I think we could utilise him next season. 

Edited by Bogbrush1903

1 hour ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'd put Bavidge out on loan. Again, similar to Tynecastle at the end of last season, I wasn't impressed with his effort yesterday.

He reminds me a bit on Shankland at Aberdeen and spell in the lower leagues didn't do him any harm .

But I don't Bavidge is ready to make a significant contribution for the Aberdeen first team squad at present . 

And I wouldn't be loaning out Milne. I think we could utilise him next season. 

We might keep both due to the “homegrown” rule for Europe?

Then, in January they might get loaned out?

If we bring in another couple of defenders as seems to be likely, Milne will be down to at least 5th choice. 

2 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

#Transfer market | #Lecce, contact #Aberdeen to find an agreement for #Ramadani

Apparently, Ramadani has liked this tweet and is following the account. Sounds like he's wanting away. I think we could get 1.2 million for him.

Just checked and he has indeed liked the tweet.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Shinnie snuck off on a free to the English championship. 

I was being facetious. Saying that, as relatively insignificant as it is, tacitly endorsing stuff like that on social media when you are still employed by the club probably isn't the wisest move from an optics point of view. 

According to the Italian sports media, we've turned down a bid of 1 million for Ramadani.

I honestly think we could get 1.2 to 1.5 million for him. He's a full international with 27 caps. Decent age. No need to sell. Only a month left for us to source a replacement. I also think he's somewhat of an underrated player amongst our fanbase.

13 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Dante getting talked right up from both Cormack and Hayes.

Looked well out of his depth whenever I've seen him. hopefully he pushes on but I sincerely hope he isn't being presented as the Ramadani replacement.

He was considered a top college prospect I think, but to go from that to top-flight professional football in Scotland was far too big a jump for him, not least physically.

I'm not sure 6 months and fewer than 20 games in the US second tier will cut it either, but as you say, he's clearly being talked up as an option. He's way off Ramadani's standard, but he - maybe like Milne - could well get game time in the pre-Christmas fixture load. I've got a bit more faith in Robson and Agnew than in Glass to judge what games might suit him.