The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

On 06/08/2023 at 22:03, TommyDickFingers said:

^Microcosm of every game at Livi.😉

On another day Dante(i thought he did ok generally) doesn't f**k up that pass or Duk takes one of his chances and we walk out of that pit of plastic with a W.

I'll refrain from jumping on the panic bus  until our business is done and after at least the second third game of the season.

Instantly forgettable game to everyone on the planet bar these livi lads who somehow managed to enjoy the game, fair play to them.

Bunch of masochists.

I don't think we were actually in for this guy. I'm surmising here but my thoughts were that in the event he did sign he'd just be an option from the bench. We need to sign an established number 10. Whether we achieve that is another thing.

In other news, McGarry is set to finalize his move to Aberdeen however he won't be available for the Celtic match.

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I don't think we were actually in for this guy. I'm surmising here but my thoughts were that in the event he did sign he'd just be an option from the bench. We need to sign an established number 10. Whether we achieve that is another thing.

In other news, McGarry is set to finalize his move to Aberdeen however he won't be available for the Celtic match.

Re McGarry, I wish him well but the A-League is generally of a poor standard. 
Rowles at Hearts was rated as one of their best, & he looks bang average. 

Anyone getting Jack Gurr vibes?  
A 3 year contract seems a big outlay & gamble too.

Edited by Thenorthernlight

13 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I don't judge players on which league they come from but when they wear the famous red top. 

Left back wise I don't understand why we don't go for Harry Milne of Partick Thistle, every time I watch him he looks impressive. When is the last time we signed a Scottish lower league player for the first team?  

16 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Left back wise I don't understand why we don't go for Harry Milne of Partick Thistle, every time I watch him he looks impressive. When is the last time we signed a Scottish lower league player for the first team?  

Probably because he signed a new deal with Partick early this Summer. This means youd be paying 6 figures for a (practically) 27yo whos played 1 season above the 3rd tier and whos still recovering from a hamstring injury.

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I don't judge players on which league they come from but when they wear the famous red top. 

Was keen for us to go for him when his deal was up at Cove.

There is a clued up cove fan on here who I’m sure mentioned he moved down there because his Missus is from down that way.

I think the last lower Scottish league player we got who went on to play for us was Shankland? 

would have liked us to have gone for Dea’s think he could have been one for next couple of years 

14 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Duk was playing in a reserve league.

2 hours ago, Moorie said:

I think the last lower Scottish league player we got who went on to play for us was Shankland? 

Shankland was signed as one for the future. Had a look Callum Morris technically signed for the first team but never played.  The last one was Gavin Rae in 2011. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t think we need to talk about jack gurr ever again do we?

Who?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably because he signed a new deal with Partick early this Summer. This means youd be paying 6 figures for a (practically) 27yo whos played 1 season above the 3rd tier and whos still recovering from a hamstring injury.

I was speaking about when his contract was up for Cove. Few others have answered that question.  

55 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Shankland was signed as one for the future. Had a look Callum Morris technically signed for the first team but never played.  The last one was Gavin Rae in 2011. 

Who?

Forgot about Morris and Rae. Only other one I could think of was Jamie McQuilken

4 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I grew up with a player who used to play for Cove.

Milne wanted to move to the central belt. We'd probably have had to offer him something daft for him to consider staying here.

I see Partick Thistle have taken Ngwenya on loan for the season. Seems odd given they have Milne.

Rumours on Twitter both the Edinburgh sides are looking at Harry Milne.