The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Surmising here, but I think we may have to brace ourselves for the sale of Duk this window. If that does transpire I actually think Papa Habib Gueye could potential be a good replacement for Duk. A pacey striker with height (6 ft 2 in) should offer us some physical presence up front. Something I feel we lack a little at the moment.

Millwall had a bid of 1.5 million rejected for him last summer. Watford were also very interested in him during the same transfer window. KVK Kortijk's asking price was 2 million at the time.

Gueye is only 23 years old (same age as Duk) and actually arrives with more first team experience compared to when Duk signed. Clearly he had a poor campaign (3 goals in 26 games) last season which is obviously why we are able to afford his revised price tag (its around 500k apparently). For comparison, when Duk initially signed he had only played reserve football with 11 goals in 42 games (those stats accumulated over 2 years) at that level. I've no idea but I suspect the overall standard of the Belgium league is better than the SPL and its possible that the Scottish game is better suited for Gueye. He also joins without having any previous injury concerns. Personally, I think its smart recruitment from the club. If we can get him playing to his previous levels that attracted Millwall and Watford then we could potentially have a really good player on our hands and profit of him at a latter point.

I don't think we are. i think we are planning to sell him in Jan and we see the opportunity to bring in Gueye in now so that he is acclimatised to the league, club and his teammates ready to hit the ground running when we do sell Duk. The club know they can't afford to lose Duk right now. 

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

I don't think we are. i think we are planning to sell him in Jan and we see the opportunity to bring in Gueye in now so that he is acclimatised to the league, club and his teammates ready to hit the ground running when we do sell Duk. The club know they can't afford to lose Duk right now. 

I hope you're right. Would be nice to see him stick around until next summer tbh.

Rumour: Maciej Zurawski. Polish Defensive Midfielder currently with Warta Poznan. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/maciej-zurawski/profil/spieler/454388

Would be a good window if we were to sign a decent Defensive midfielder in addition to Gueye, Jensen and McGrath.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hope you're right. Would be nice to see him stick around until next summer tbh.

Rumour: Maciej Zurawski. Polish Defensive Midfielder currently with Warta Poznan. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/maciej-zurawski/profil/spieler/454388

Would be a good window if we were to sign a decent Defensive midfielder in addition to Gueye, Jensen and McGrath.

I can assure you we aren't interested in Zurawski. We are apparently looking at a midfielder in Poland but that name was put out to see if the Agent Alba tit on twitter took the bait. Sure enough he did 😂

3 hours ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

If we’re playing two games a week with two strikers starting then it makes sense to have four options available (assuming Bavidge will be loaned out).

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Excellent. Now we’re talking. 

Take that Liam scales. 

I have nothing personal against Scales and would be happy if he joined - seemed to enjoy being a Dons player under the Robson/Agnew regime, and looked all the better for it.

Being dangled like puppets by Celtic I am less keen on.

7 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I have nothing personal against Scales and would be happy if he joined - seemed to enjoy being a Dons player under the Robson/Agnew regime, and looked all the better for it.

Being dangled like puppets by Celtic I am less keen on.

I was being facetious. I liked scales and was also happy to have him back up to a point. 

My frustration was that it seemed like we had railroaded ourselves into paying stupid money for him by not pursuing other avenues. Clearly I was mistaken so I should apologise to the club in the most insincere way possible. 

36 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Steady, he could easily be shite :lol:

Well there is that. There's no guarantees when it comes to signings. I just like the look of this guy this.

But I was determined Tony Stewart was going to be our player of the year when he first signed. So what the f**k do I know 

On 20/08/2023 at 20:30, RandomGuy. said:

Left footed ball playing CBs are incredibly in demand. The idea theres experienced ones in their 20s floating about for less than half a million is a bit fantastical. 

Fucking clown.

28 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

If Scales doesn't see the pitch for Celtic then he's going to be pissed off.

We'll pick him up for buttons next year once we've sold Jensen for £5m.

Surely anyone looking to sign the star defender from the Europa League winners is going to have to cough up more than £5m!

28 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

If Scales doesn't see the pitch for Celtic then he's going to be pissed off.

We'll pick him up for buttons next year once we've sold Jensen for £5m.

Scales won’t be happy.

He might get a couple of games now, then when their injuries clear up he won’t even make their bench. 

And Celtic won’t get the money they wanted next summer, as he’ll only have 12 months left on his contract.

25 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Scales won’t be happy.

He might get a couple of games now, then when their injuries clear up he won’t even make their bench. 

And Celtic won’t get the money they wanted next summer, as he’ll only have 12 months left on his contract.

It’s a shame for him. He seems like a decent bloke. If anything they have messed him around even more than us. Hopefully, it puts other developing players off going to them.