The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Apart from a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half when we looked threatening, but, ehh, didn’t actually threaten….. that was fairly horrendous today. Again. As someone else said, our strategy just seems to be “hope Duk does something or we get a pen “. 

All Robsons bluster about getting back to Pittodrie after so many away games went well - two near sell out crowds going home disappointed. The 5 games crammed into the last 2 weeks of September could be brutal if the management team don’t find some solutions.

Edited by bpdon

That was poor. We were actually markedly better today than we were in Paisley, which shows you how bad we were a week ago.

I felt we had a decent half hour, if you combine the last fifteen minutes of the first half and the first fifteen minutes of the second half. Barron was absolutely pivotal to this. Most good things we did in that timeframe involved him, usually at the start. He was easily our best player today and I kind of see a budget version of Billy Gilmour in terms of the passes he makes, the spaces he occupies and how he receives the ball. It is one game, but I would be leaning on him more now if I were Robson. It might just have been coincidence, but I really felt that we lost a grip on the game when he came off.

That is where the positives end, unfortunately. Rubezic was roasted by Youan in the first half. I think that showed why Robson has been leaning on Devlin on the right of the three. If we are playing a three, Rubezic can only play in the middle. McGarry really struggled to contain Boyle at times, too. 

Ultimately, we needed to score in the fifteen minutes after half-time. Duk had isolated Miller and was getting quite a bit of joy there. I think if we score at that point then we probably go onto win the game, but we just didn't do enough. 

I'm not quite at panic stations yet, but we need to gel quickly. 

That was depressing as f***. A 6/10 Hibs performance gets the points.

We have 4 strikers so I can't see the point in going back to 4-2-3-1.

No-one (except Miovski and maybe Jensen) has really performed so far. Roos and McDonald looks markedly less sharp this season. We need to hope that the new Danish lad is an effective right CB.

16 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

No-one (except Miovski and maybe Jensen) has really performed so far. Roos and McDonald looks markedly less sharp this season. We need to hope that the new Danish lad is an effective right CB.

Aye. Hibs looked very short of confidence first half but grew in to it second half and more than deserved the win.

We have been cut open on the counter-attack several times this season already.

What’s happened to the cohesion and solidity that Robson and Agnew brought to the team last season?

The whole thing has turned into a bit of a mess and his interviews are now just a list of excuses.

Not sure he’ll see all six of the forthcoming ‘tired Sundays’ at this rate.

I mentioned Barron as a potential midfield solution the other day, given our inability to replace Ramadani when given six weeks and £1m to do so. That was quickly shot down -but thought he did quite well and things went downhill when he was taken off. The American college boy with the mullet certainly isn’t the answer, but Barron could be.

What were our defence doing for the goals? They seemed to freeze like statues on both occasions.

Edited by tarapoa

52 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Where was the Danish lad today?  Not in the 20.

He’s been playing regularly in Denmark. 

13 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

We have been cut open on the counter-attack several times this season already.

What’s happened to the cohesion and solidity that Robson and Agnew brought to the team last season?

The whole thing has turned into a bit of a mess and his interviews are now just a list of excuses.

Not sure he’ll see all six of the forthcoming ‘tired Sundays’ at this rate.

I mentioned Barron as a potential midfield solution the other day, given our inability to replace Ramadani when given six weeks and £1m to do so. That was quickly shot down -but thought he did quite well and things went downhill when he was taken off. The American college boy with the mullet certainly isn’t the answer, but Barron could be.

What we’re our defence doing for the goals? They seemed to freeze like statues on both occasions.

Barron played well today IMO.

9 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

He's still waiting for a taxi out at Dyce. 

I wouldn’t have liked to have been in that perspex waiting area for taxis at the airport for too long in today’s temperatures. Poor boy will be out for a month with sunstroke.

As others have said, Connor Barron played really well today and was our best player in the first half. No idea why he was subbed and that's when the game went totally away from us. One thing that's really annoyed me since the start of the season is the way that we lose headers in our box time after time after time. We have big players in there but they never get on the end of crosses. Both goals today were shocking and the second was unforgivable. 

3 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

I see Barry is saying it was too hot today for Aberdeen. I have heard some excuses over the years that has to be right up there.  

Maybe just about give him that one. Surprised there was no water break.

IMG_0444.jpeg