The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

20 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think it would take at least 7 figures for us to consider it and I doubt anyone is willing to pay that tbh.

We should be looking at a lot more than just 1 million, we have no debt and easily Aberdeen best player.

Can't wait till the transfer window closes and hopefully with a few additions and no-one leaving apart from Storey which hasn't worked out and Burns loan deal terminated. 

19 hours ago, 2pac said:

Shankland is finished with the Dons I reckon

He wasn't good enough for us sadly and looking at it the lad career is in trouble as if can't get a game for a poor St Mirren team and put on a bit of weight!

Edited by Milners

1 hour ago, shootingboots said:

Wouldn't be bothered if he returned to Bristol.

I don't think he's a bad player per se, but he's done nothing up here at all.

Obviously he would still need replaced though.

Hope he leaves as his attitude was disgraceful at Dingwall

Edited by Milners

He looked decent and showed a lot of promise in the European games but yeah he can go

Concerned about the break up of this team, losing McGinn and Hayes in the space of 6 months could be a sore one 

The Club has confirmed that it received a bid late last night for winger Jonny Hayes from Cardiff City which has been rejected.

Speaking to RedTV this morning, manager Derek McInnes said that "the bid fell way short of our valuation and that Jonny, as with all the squad, remains an integral part of the plans for the second half of the season."

He ignored me in Glasgow airport when I was 13 or so. Dick.

I feel it's somewhat ominous the club are reporting that on the official site, can't remember that ever happening. Then again, no club ever bids for our players!

I'd hope he's settled here and wants to stay rather than become, most likely, bench fodder at Cardiff.

He ignored me in Glasgow airport when I was 13 or so. Dick.

I feel it's somewhat ominous the club are reporting that on the official site, can't remember that ever happening. Then again, no club ever bids for our players!

I'd hope he's settled here and wants to stay rather than become, most likely, bench fodder at Cardiff.

TBH I don't think Cardiff will pay what is required to get him.

You get the sense Jonny isn't worth more than 500k to Cardiff but he's worth far more than that to us, if that makes sense.

37 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

TBH I don't think Cardiff will pay what is required to get him.

You get the sense Jonny isn't worth more than 500k to Cardiff but he's worth far more than that to us, if that makes sense.

I think you're spot on with that.  If Aberdeen don't need the money and Hayes is happy at Aberdeen, then there's no need to sell.  Realistically, it's only going to be a silly offer that Aberdeen would accept.  Would Cardiff pay over £1m for a player who will be 30 in June and unproven outside of Scottish football. Unlikely.

We sold our best player in August for circa £600k (with add-on and sell-on clauses) to Oxford United.  I don't think any Motherwell fan would argue Jonny Hayes has performed consistently better than Marvin Johnson while in Scotland, and over a much bigger period of time.  

I don't see Hayes as being a 'toys out of the pram' character (unlike the ex 'Well player mentioned above) so Aberdeen are absolutely right to tell Cardiff to chase themselves.

You get a feeling that the club have done so well to get the players feeling like they're part of something. Winter-breaks in Dubai, golf days, etc, these players feel wanted, and are getting little bonuses and kick-backs that they won't get in the Championship. They're also the (relatively) big fish in the (relatively) small pond. Winning pretty consistently, getting to semis and finals, it creates a great atmosphere. Hayes also has a young family and if he's settled here, he won't feel the need to move. They can probably offer a lot of money but he'll be one of our top earners and won't be on a pittance. 

Unless we get over around 1.5mil I don't see him going.