The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Welcome 

I've said it for a while. Gave him the benefit of the doubt after the last four games but seen enough to know tonights football will be the norm.

He's on the radio saying we dominated. I must have been at a different game.

19 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I've said it for a while. Gave him the benefit of the doubt after the last four games but seen enough to know tonights football will be the norm.

He’s delusional in his post match interviews.

We were poor for about 65 minutes.

Duk should’ve made it 2-1 to be fair.

But the football is not good, no matter how he spins it.  

21 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

He’s tactically very poor.

Sticking with 3 at the back, even when they dropped deep & played 1 up front.

I feel for Clarkson. You could see he was frustrated when he came off. He needs to be played further forward with Barron sitting deeper in the midfield.

Going to be a sad day when Miovski leaves. Superb player. I think we can negotiate a minimum of 5 million for him. I anticipate an Italian side to sign him next summer.

6 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I feel for Clarkson. You could see he was frustrated when he came off. He needs to be played further forward with Barron sitting deeper in the midfield.

Going to be a sad day when Miovski leaves. Superb player. I think we can negotiate a minimum of 5 million for him. I anticipate an Italian side to sign him next summer.

I have no issue with a manager choosing to play direct football but you should sign players to fit that mould if you're going to do it.

Clarksons game is not winning second balls. I actually think he did well defensively last night but he was so poor on it.

Shinnies limitations really show through in a game like last night. Defensively immense but a real lack of movement ahead of Jensen and he takes 4 touches when 2 are needed.

Move him in to the Scott Brown role and let others try and dictate the play further up the park.

Edited by DukDukGoose

Someone needs to have a word with Barry Robson about his interview skills, there's no doubt about that. He has to stop harking back to previous matches and concentrate on what has actually happened in the match just gone.  But it's disappointing that he has lost some fans so quickly.

31 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Someone needs to have a word with Barry Robson about his interview skills, there's no doubt about that. He has to stop harking back to previous matches and concentrate on what has actually happened in the match just gone.  But it's disappointing that he has lost some fans so quickly.

I’m not sure he has the intelligence to articulate himself properly or provide a good summation of a game. 

He havers nonsense, waffles at 100mph & doesn’t really answer the question asked, & most of what he says is delusional nonsense which makes you wonder if you were watching the same game.   
Apparently we played “fast attacking football” last night. 
I’m sorry, but that’s an insult to our intelligence. 

His completely bizarre droaning back to “26 shots at goal against Hacken” is embarrassing.  
Especially when it wasn’t 26.

He can be as bad as he wants in a press conference though, I’m more concerned about his tactics & approach to games. 

Long ball pish mainly. 

And after the investment made in the squad, it has to be better. 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

We did play fast, attacking football last night. It might not have been what some fans want to see in terms of style, but it was both of those things. It wasn’t a great performance, but I didn’t think it was nearly as bad as some of the accounts I’m reading. 

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

We did play fast, attacking football last night. It might not have been what some fans want to see in terms of style, but it was both of those things. It wasn’t a great performance, but I didn’t think it was nearly as bad as some of the accounts I’m reading. 

I thought we played the full range from shite through mediocre to well yesterday. First half was ok but not adventurous enough. Twenty minutes after half time was pathetic. We had a couple of quality moves when we were chasing a winner. Fucked it though. Must win game that we should have won.

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

I thought we played the full range from shite through mediocre to well yesterday. First half was ok but not adventurous enough. Twenty minutes after half time was pathetic. We had a couple of quality moves when we were chasing a winner. Fucked it though. Must win game that we should have won.

Our poorest periods in the game were after the breaks for the head injuries and then immediately after half-time. That combined 25 minutes or so was the only time I really felt like HJK were on top, and even then the only real work Roos had to do was pick the ball out of the net once. Our structure out of possession was broadly sound. We were probably guilty of forcing it a bit too much after we equalised, and that is maybe the temptation when you have Miovski, Duk and Sokler all on the pitch at once. I couldn’t fault the attacking intent after we went behind, but just lacking a bit of patience and guile after we equalised. A couple of times at the end we had opportunities to build through Barron, who was excellent again when he came on, but took the easier option. Saying that, Duk should put away his chance at 1-1 and if he does then I have no doubt that we were seeing the game out.

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

Didn't see it that way at all. All the shouts around me were about how slow we passed it around our defence (HJK letting us do this) before firing it long on to a defenders head.

It's like the worst of the McInnes years at times. Firing long balls to isolated front men.

We look bar better when we try to play on the ground.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Didn't see it that way at all. All the shouts around me were about how slow we passed it around our defence (HJK letting us do this) before firing it long on to a defenders head.

It's like the worst of the McInnes years at times. Firing long balls to isolated front men.

We look bar better when we try to play on the ground.

Thing is, I think we do try and build from the back at times, and I broadly agree that we are generally a better team on the deck and especially in transitions. HJK were happier than Frankfurt and Rangers to give us the ball for decent periods last night, and that puts to the test what we were saying about the protagonist/antagonist difference earlier in the week. It is demonstrably harder to execute it without Barron because he is the best player we have for that style of play, and we definitely improved when he came on. The three of Shinnie, McGrath and Clarkson, as ambitious as it is, doesn’t quite click for me. 

I did laugh at someone near me in the first half, though. Gartenmann and Jensen were playing a few passes between themselves, progressed us a few yards up and presumably waiting for a bit of movement ahead of them to try and break the lines. This person bellows “Forward!” and makes clear their frustration. Seconds later, whether in response to this or not, Gartenmann clips a high and long channel ball down the right which HJK dealt with quite easily. The very same supporter opines: “Fit the f**k was that then?”. Made me smile, at least.  

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Thing is, I think we do try and build from the back at times, and I broadly agree that we are generally a better team on the deck and especially in transitions. HJK were happier than Frankfurt and Rangers to give us the ball for decent periods last night, and that puts to the test what we were saying about the protagonist/antagonist difference earlier in the week. It is demonstrably harder to execute it without Barron because he is the best player we have for that style of play, and we definitely improved when he came on. The three of Shinnie, McGrath and Clarkson, as ambitious as it is, doesn’t quite click for me. 

I did laugh at someone near me in the first half, though. Gartenmann and Jensen were playing a few passes between themselves, progressed us a few yards up and presumably waiting for a bit of movement ahead of them to try and break the lines. This person bellows “Forward!” and makes clear their frustration. Seconds later, whether in response to this or not, Gartenmann clips a high and long channel ball down the right which HJK dealt with quite easily. The very same supporter opines: “Fit the f**k was that then?”. Made me smile, at least.  

Were you in the RDR? Ha ha.

Barron looks miles better than Clarkson just now. I don't know whether this is due to Clarkson lacking confidence or what but it's not even close for me.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Were you in the RDR? Ha ha.

Barron looks miles better than Clarkson just now. I don't know whether this is due to Clarkson lacking confidence or what but it's not even close for me.

Main, but I imagine it was repeated elsewhere!

Agreed on Barron. Sure he will start on Sunday. Clarkson was very good at Ibrox but I think our strongest and most balanced midfield at the moment (provided it varies according to opposition) is likely Barron, Shinnie and then one from Clarkson and McGrath more advanced. 

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Surprised the club haven’t sent him on a course or at least mentioned it to him. Not just his interview. The mentioned previously DNA Q&A back in August some what become car crash at points 

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

But it's disappointing that he has lost some fans so quickly.

I think its hard for fans to stop seeing bad stuff in managers, and have patience once theyve seen the bad bits, once theyve suffered bad managers.

Feel it myself just now with us where i spent so long dreading every interview with a manager, and dreading every match because you knew you were getting shite, that its now hard to kick the "habit" and just enjoy the ride and be positive again.

Maybe a lot of your fans are simply stuck in that type of rut and just see negative things everywhere and feel its just history repeating.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think its hard for fans to stop seeing bad stuff in managers, and have patience once theyve seen the bad bits, once theyve suffered bad managers.

Feel it myself just now with us where i spent so long dreading every interview with a manager, and dreading every match because you knew you were getting shite, that its now hard to kick the "habit" and just enjoy the ride and be positive again.

Maybe a lot of your fans are simply stuck in that type of rut and just see negative things everywhere and feel its just history repeating.

Some are just moaning b*st*rds to be honest.