The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

6 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The brutal truth is we as a club aren't equipped to do so. We haven't got the squad nor the finances.

Questions need to asked of Robson as to why we have barely seen (or in some instances not at all) Dadia, Williams, Vinnie, MacDonald, Sokler, Gueye, Marshall and Milne. Especially given he's frequently found excusing his players due to tiredness. Hopefully he finally addresses his tactics/choice of formation after yesterday and changes it going forward. When we play the ball on the deck as shown against Motherwell away we are a decent side.

I largely agree but think your second point somewhat contradicts the first. We don’t have the squad to compete on teo fronts if we only play the same 14 players game after game while Robson complains that all our players are tired because they all played three days before. If we actually utilised more of the players we have available then our Sunday post-Europe performances might have been less lethargic.

I’m pretty worried Miovski will fizzle out post-Christmas (if he’s still here) due to the way he’s basically had to carry the team every game so far (not to mention playing internationally as well).

1 hour ago, BrodieJ12 said:

I find myself agreeing with majority of this. Robson lack of squad usage is just plain confusing when he also bangs on about tiredness. 

Our general style of play has been my concern this season as we have no plan going forward that I can see. 

I'm still fully backing him though and let's hope this time on the training pitch that he harps on about, makes all the difference.  

The first league game of the season was horrific, at a time of optimism and hope, when players are fresh and should be desperate for 2 games a week. Was a marker for things to come performance wise in a lot of the league games. 

2 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

I largely agree but think your second point somewhat contradicts the first. We don’t have the squad to compete on teo fronts if we only play the same 14 players game after game while Robson complains that all our players are tired because they all played three days before. If we actually utilised more of the players we have available then our Sunday post-Europe performances might have been less lethargic.

I’m pretty worried Miovski will fizzle out post-Christmas (if he’s still here) due to the way he’s basically had to carry the team every game so far (not to mention playing internationally as well).

That's where Hearts were this time last year. I feel your frustration.

I find myself drawing parallels to how I felt about Goodwin at this time last season. 

Similar to then, I could accept the points totals in the league. I expected inconsistency of results. If most league games has been like the 0-0 with st Johnstone and we just lost looked off it and unable to find a win then I’d ‘probably’ be fine?

But again similar to Goodwin, the bad results have accompanied absolutely horrendous performances which go beyond fatigue and travel. One is pretty inexcusable but it’s truly alarming how many we’ve seen domestically. 

The only edge robson has on Goodwin for me is that he has got ‘something’ to offer in these big games. The frequency of performance, if not results, shows it’s not a flash in the pan or blind luck. Goodwin never had that, even his bigger wins came with caveats. 

FWIW, I don’t think the club are anywhere close to sacking him yet. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I find myself drawing parallels to how I felt about Goodwin at this time last season. 

Similar to then, I could accept the points totals in the league. I expected inconsistency of results. If most league games has been like the 0-0 with st Johnstone and we just lost looked off it and unable to find a win then I’d ‘probably’ be fine?

But again similar to Goodwin, the bad results have accompanied absolutely horrendous performances which go beyond fatigue and travel. One is pretty inexcusable but it’s truly alarming how many we’ve seen domestically. 

The only edge robson has on Goodwin for me is that he has got ‘something’ to offer in these big games. The frequency of performance, if not results, shows it’s not a flash in the pan or blind luck. Goodwin never had that, even his bigger wins came with caveats. 

Unfortunately I have to say, Cormack’s tweet just 5 days ago makes it pretty clear he & the club haven’t even contemplated it.

Maybe when my eyes stop bleeding, it’ll have changed & I’ll be seeing different. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agree with this. Robson can only dine out on these sporadic big game performances for so long though. Our inability to turn in decent performances in the bread and butter domestic fixtures will be his undoing eventually. Since we beat Rangers 2-0 in April, we have seen very little that resembles a potential run of domestic form.

Edited by bpdon

14 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Agree with this. Robson can only dine out on these sporadic big game performances for so long though. Our inability to turn in decent performances in the bread and butter domestic fixtures will be his undoing eventually. Since we beat Rangers 2-0 in April, we have seen very little that resembles a potential run of domestic form.

Oh 100% and I’m sure robson is fully aware that if he doesn’t even mount a challenge for 3rd then he’s toast. 

From January onwards the glamour games are done really but for a cup run and the excuses will have dried up too. Won’t be any hiding place. 

14 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

The first league game of the season was horrific, at a time of optimism and hope, when players are fresh and should be desperate for 2 games a week. Was a marker for things to come performance wise in a lot of the league games. 

I still haven't forgiven him from the utter waste of a day that ended up being.

Think the excuse that day, apart from the usual pitch thing, was not enough competitive games in the players' legs - as we hadn't been in the diddy groups or played Euro qualifiers.

On a completely different note - for anyone that enjoys a bit of nostalgia, the LA Wolves feature on TNT Sports right now has some good AFC/Washington Whips stuff with Bobby Clark and Chalky Whyte featuring.  

26 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

We seem to have sold an unbelievable amount of cup finals tickets since they went on general sale at 5pm. If you haven’t got sorted then get on asap.

I do hope they’ve stopped people with no buying history from purchasing them…

In all honesty, I didn’t think we’d shift 19500 but if we’re nearing sell out already then that’s brilliant!

I just had a look, 1600 people ahead of me in the queue. 

Just now, STFU_Donny said:

In all honesty, I didn’t think we’d shift 19500 but if we’re nearing sell out already then that’s brilliant!

I just had a look, 1600 people ahead of me in the queue. 

Good luck, I was just in and there were only disabled seating left. Couldn't find any valid seats for me.

I got mine this afternoon so thankfully no panic, but it looks to me like there's fewer than 100 left on the website and most of those are accessible seating. Surely we haven't shifted 19,500 since this morning? 

Edited by DrewDon

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I got mine this afternoon so thankfully no panic, but it looks to me like there's fewer than 100 left on the website and most of those are accessible seating. Surely we haven't shifted 19,500 since this morning? 

Yeah that doesn’t sound right unbelievable if true

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t think we’ve ever sold tickets that quickly for a game.

I hope the club haven’t f*cked this up and allowed a fully general sale here.

Surely they didn't allow people just to create an account today and buy tickets for this without a previous purchase history?