The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

57 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67646291

Well, folks, what do you think?

No.

Aberdeen always have Europe as a target each season, even though he is only 3 wins away from a European place, it has taken him 14 attempts to get 3 wins so far. I can't see him turning it around in the short term.

Is there anything horrific with his tactics or has he just bought below par players?

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67646291

Well, folks, what do you think?

Did chuckle at the "does not use Europe as an excuse part.

54 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

No.

Aberdeen always have Europe as a target each season, even though he is only 3 wins away from a European place, it has taken him 14 attempts to get 3 wins so far. I can't see him turning it around in the short term.

Is there anything horrific with his tactics or has he just bought below par players?

We have a very good squad. The tactics to suit the squad are not being implemented.

The FMB won’t come out again like they did with Goodwin before the hibs game saying lose and your out and we ended up getting 6 put past us. 
I guess it’s stick with Robson for the final or the intern will be in charge as I don’t have faith in the FMB to appoint anyone very quickly l

23 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Derek McInnes would be a horrendous appointment unless he's willing to completely change his views on how the scouting and transfer business should be done.

People who continually go on about us getting rid of Derek McInnes when we shouldn't have, have forgotten that his contract was up at the end of that season and he wasn't signing a new one. He was going anyway. 

On 06/12/2023 at 22:01, Sortmeout said:

From the outside looking in he just seems to be a bit unlikeable in how he comes across in interviews etc.

Also, and I know this shouldn’t matter but in my head it does, he just looks a bit scrappy. I’m not saying that he needs to wear a suit etc because I don’t think that’s the answer I just think he’s one of those types of guys who just looks a bit rough regardless. He doesn’t seem to be the type of person to instill confidence or require your respect.

He looks like a dinner lady. 

What happened to the tradition of Boxing Day football?

Crowds often much bigger than they ordinarily would be due to returning expats/students etc, or people just looking to get out of the house.

I do not see any reason why AFC v Motherwell could not be a Boxing Day 3pm fixture - that is a Tuesday, between Saturday matches at Dens and the following Sat at home to Smurn.

Instead they have decided the Motherwell match will be on the Wednesday night - why?

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

No.

We’ve plenty good players, seen a lot poorer squads in my time watching the Dons, just not being used well enough. My hope is that when a half decent manager gets appointed he can turn us round quite quickly 

22 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

What happened to the tradition of Boxing Day football?

Crowds often much bigger than they ordinarily would be due to returning expats/students etc, or people just looking to get out of the house.

I do not see any reason why AFC v Motherwell could not be a Boxing Day 3pm fixture - that is a Tuesday, between Saturday matches at Dens and the following Sat at home to Smurn.

Instead they have decided the Motherwell match will be on the Wednesday night - why?

I’d more likely attended if it was a Boxing Day 3pm fixture. My year to work between Christmas and new year so going give it a miss 

12 minutes ago, starryfish said:

We’ve plenty good players, seen a lot poorer squads in my time watching the Dons, just not being used well enough. My hope is that when a half decent manager gets appointed he can turn us round quite quickly 

The problem with waiting  i.e. giving him until the winter break to see where we are, is that the league fixtures when we return from that are theoretically much tougher than what's ahead of us this month.

After his first couple of games, Barry himself benefited from a very nice run of winnable matches against largely bottom six/ off-form teams, with only the one game a week to worry about (and not even any Scottish Cup distractions).

If the club decide a change is needed - they may as well do it at a time where someone can try and resurrect some belief into what would normally be a realistic 11-15pts target in the matches following the cup final.  I think we will end up needing that to avoid the season being a complete trainwreck in terms of the league campaign.

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

People who continually go on about us getting rid of Derek McInnes when we shouldn't have, have forgotten that his contract was up at the end of that season and he wasn't signing a new one. He was going anyway. 

If you really think that I have a bridge you might be interested in.

31 minutes ago, Game of throw-ins said:

If you really think that I have a bridge you might be interested in.

You often pop up with quite a lot of innuendo whenever mcinnes is mentioned. 

The relationship between cormack and mcinnes was clearly different to that with Milne and cormack had a different vision for how to structure the club going forward. It’s then entirely believable that there would be no contract renewal. 

If you know different then fine, share it. But if you feel you can’t share it, the ‘oh you believe that? You’re thick’ act is pretty shite behaviour. 

It shouldn’t need to be said again but it was 100% time to go for McInnes.

He was backed financially on the back of his success and the recruitment got worse and worse. Results and performances were sliding and the football was turgid. Additionally, Milne had handed over the keys to the whole “football department” to him and trying to implement any kind of modern structure with a HoR / DoF etc would’ve been difficult. We needed to move away from his brexit-proof scouting strategy.

It’s been worse since he left but that doesn’t mean it was the wrong call for him to go. 

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You often pop up with quite a lot of innuendo whenever mcinnes is mentioned. 

The relationship between cormack and mcinnes was clearly different to that with Milne and cormack had a different vision for how to structure the club going forward. It’s then entirely believable that there would be no contract renewal. 

If you know different then fine, share it. But if you feel you can’t share it, the ‘oh you believe that? You’re thick’ act is pretty shite behaviour. 

Was he saying I'm thick? What a bounder. (I have no idea what he's on about, other than he disagreed with me)