The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

4 hours ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

With Southampton having money to spend after getting themselves promoted this afternoon, will Miovski still be on their shopping list, or will they now be browsing in a different aisle?

I think a move to another league would be better for him but if you were a lower EPL team, he’s shown he can show strength and composure 1v1 getting in behind a high line with his goals against Rangers x2, Celtic x2 and Hibs at Hampden. 

On 24/05/2024 at 22:17, DrewDon said:

Roos has had a poor season, and I say that as somebody who was a big defender of his in his first season, but some of the criticism about him under crosses was a bit much for me. He isn't particularly good at them, but I heard folk at pretty much every game moaning at him for not charging ten yards out of his goal to claim corners, when the opposition team have stuck at least two players in front of him to block him in. 

I am going to guess that you are Mattie Pollock?

Not Liam Scales as I would have thought that you would be completely focused on the cup final at that time on Friday night.

6 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I see Stephen Glass is about to be hired as the new Chelsea manager.

Oh wait, it's one of the guys we allegedly turned down for him. 🤣

Think you’re kidding yersel If you think Enzo Maresca was ever seriously in contention for the Aberdeen job.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hazbart said:

Think you’re kidding yersel If you think Enzo Maresca was ever seriously in contention for the Aberdeen job.

I don't think Maresca would have had any managerial experience at that time though? 

I have no idea why he's potentially getting the Chelsea job. Leicester should have horsed the championship but made hard work of it so not sure why he's getting one of the biggest jobs in the country. Think they are looking at how Artea has done and clubs are now looking for Poundland Pep's.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I don't think Maresca would have had any managerial experience at that time though? 

I have no idea why he's potentially getting the Chelsea job. Leicester should have horsed the championship but made hard work of it so not sure why he's getting one of the biggest jobs in the country. Think they are looking at how Artea has done and clubs are now looking for Poundland Pep's.

He was appointed Parma manager 2 months after Glass was appointed. Obviously had enough experience to take on a job like that.

Totally agree though, he’s made heavy weather of the Championship, Leicester should have romped it. 

As much as Leicester did have a wobble, their points tally this season (97) would’ve been enough to have seen them crowned champions in 7 of the last 9 English Championship seasons. They would’ve achieved automatic promotion in all 9 of those.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Hope you guys get some good luck with the draw, some cracking teams in there.

What's the Challenge Cup like? I know your mob tried to win it a few times but Aberdeen has never been invited?

1 minute ago, scoobles said:

What's the Challenge Cup like? I know your mob tried to win it a few times but Aberdeen has never been invited?

From the challenge cup to regularly making the latter stages of European competitions, anyway best of luck with the draw tomorrow. 

45 minutes ago, bennett said:

From the challenge cup to regularly making the latter stages of European competitions, anyway best of luck with the draw tomorrow. 

Remember that time the new team with multiple times more  money than the rest of their league combined failed to get promoted from the fuckin championship? 
We do.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Hope you guys get some good luck with the draw, some cracking teams in there.

Cheers. I'm hoping for away matches between us and two teams whose grounds I haven't visited before. There are 13 possibilities, mostly from Pots 4 and 5.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Hope this little episode has made you feel better about ‘Whalsh’ cheating you out the cup…

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Cheers. I'm hoping for away matches between us and two teams whose grounds I haven't visited before. There are 13 possibilities, mostly from Pots 4 and 5.

A rare positive attitude from an Aberdonian,  that deserves a like.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

A rare positive attitude from an Aberdonian,  that deserves a like.

What's not to like about being in the League Cup groups every now and again? It keeps us grounded.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A really shite draw from a geographical perspective.

The closest team is in North Lanarkshire, the other away game Dumfries. 
FFS 

EK (a). 
Dumbarton (h). 
QoTS (a). 
Airdrie (h)

East Kilbride is terrible, wonder if it will get moved to a better stadium?