The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I don't think Maresca would have had any managerial experience at that time though? 

I have no idea why he's potentially getting the Chelsea job. Leicester should have horsed the championship but made hard work of it so not sure why he's getting one of the biggest jobs in the country. Think they are looking at how Artea has done and clubs are now looking for Poundland Pep's.

He was appointed Parma manager 2 months after Glass was appointed. Obviously had enough experience to take on a job like that.

Totally agree though, he’s made heavy weather of the Championship, Leicester should have romped it. 

As much as Leicester did have a wobble, their points tally this season (97) would’ve been enough to have seen them crowned champions in 7 of the last 9 English Championship seasons. They would’ve achieved automatic promotion in all 9 of those.

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Hope you guys get some good luck with the draw, some cracking teams in there.

What's the Challenge Cup like? I know your mob tried to win it a few times but Aberdeen has never been invited?

1 minute ago, scoobles said:

What's the Challenge Cup like? I know your mob tried to win it a few times but Aberdeen has never been invited?

From the challenge cup to regularly making the latter stages of European competitions, anyway best of luck with the draw tomorrow. 

45 minutes ago, bennett said:

From the challenge cup to regularly making the latter stages of European competitions, anyway best of luck with the draw tomorrow. 

Remember that time the new team with multiple times more  money than the rest of their league combined failed to get promoted from the fuckin championship? 
We do.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

Hope you guys get some good luck with the draw, some cracking teams in there.

Cheers. I'm hoping for away matches between us and two teams whose grounds I haven't visited before. There are 13 possibilities, mostly from Pots 4 and 5.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Hope this little episode has made you feel better about ‘Whalsh’ cheating you out the cup…

25 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Cheers. I'm hoping for away matches between us and two teams whose grounds I haven't visited before. There are 13 possibilities, mostly from Pots 4 and 5.

A rare positive attitude from an Aberdonian,  that deserves a like.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

A rare positive attitude from an Aberdonian,  that deserves a like.

What's not to like about being in the League Cup groups every now and again? It keeps us grounded.

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A really shite draw from a geographical perspective.

The closest team is in North Lanarkshire, the other away game Dumfries. 
FFS 

EK (a). 
Dumbarton (h). 
QoTS (a). 
Airdrie (h)

East Kilbride is terrible, wonder if it will get moved to a better stadium? 

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

A really shite draw from a geographical perspective.

The closest team is in North Lanarkshire, the other away game Dumfries. 
FFS 

EK (a). 
Dumbarton (h). 
QoTS (a). 
Airdrie (h)

Be hoping for at least six points 

35 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

We only have two away matches. As far as I'm aware no decisions made yet which  two will be away. Never been to Queen Of The South or East Kilbride, and haven't been to the "new" Airdrie or Dumbarton grounds.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We only have two away matches. As far as I'm aware no decisions made yet which  two will be away. Never been to Queen Of The South or East Kilbride, and haven't been to the "new" Airdrie or Dumbarton grounds.

I have been to them all. EK by far the worst of the 4 and the capacity is tiny.

Dumfries could be a decent day out albeit it’s a long journey from the NE. 
An uninspiring draw although always a fair chance of that. 
Seen it mentioned a couple of times that seed 1 is home to seed 2 and 4 and away to 3 and 5. Not certain if this is true though. 

Edited by 1GregStewart

27 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

I have been to them all. EK by far the worst of the 4 and the capacity is tiny.

Dumfries could be a decent day out albeit it’s a long journey from the NE. 
An uninspiring draw although always a fair chance of that. 
Seen it mentioned a couple of times that seed 1 is home to seed 2 and 4 and away to 3 and 5. Not certain if this is true though. 

It is true. 

EK away. 
Dumbarton home. 
QoTS away. 
Airdrie home 

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

They played St Mirren there.

We’re basically playing in a Country Park on an atrocious pitch (I’ve played on it, it’s awful). 

So Queen of the south then East Kilbride away followed by Airdrie and Dumbarton at home with the Queens and Airdrie games televised.

Could guarantee if it was the BBC the East Kilbride game would be on so they could mention Darvel another 1000 times.