The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The Gerrard narrative is garbage imo. 

Any narrative that gives Gerrard credit for his coaching ability is profoundly flawed.

23 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah this is a nice narrative but it was Rodgers who told him to bulk up and change his style off that, Aberdeen obviously had a role in his development also but let's not pretend he set the world alight there. Aberdeen fans on here said he had no chance of getting in our team after and some were annoyed Greg Stewart was getting shunted out wide for him iirc. He's now developed his game even more to a deeper role at Bournemouth that I genuinely couldn't see him doing, I'm not going to pretend it was us that had anything to do with that though.

I rated Jack but honestly under Gerrard he seemed to flourish more.

There was literally an agreed deal between Aberdeen and Celtic for the transfer of Christie.

Jack wasn't a young player when he moved to Rangers either. Aberdeen were a superior team at the time too.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Yeah this is a nice narrative but it was Rodgers who told him to bulk up and change his style off that, Aberdeen obviously had a role in his development also but let's not pretend he set the world alight there. Aberdeen fans on here said he had no chance of getting in our team after and some were annoyed Greg Stewart was getting shunted out wide for him iirc. He's now developed his game even more to a deeper role at Bournemouth that I genuinely couldn't see him doing, I'm not going to pretend it was us that had anything to do with that though.

I rated Jack but honestly under Gerrard he seemed to flourish more.

That's nonsense about Christie. Did very well for us, especially in his first year.

I don't think Stewart was ever rated to the extent folk were worried about him getting "shunted" anywhere. 

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

Christie also, Ryan Jack also became a far better player under Gerrard.  We don't sign that many nowadays from Scottish clubs so the guys claim is nonsense tbh. Celtic is seen as a stepping stone to the EPL with the amount we have sold to that league now so it would be foolish to suggest we don't develop/improve players. As for Barron with O'Reilly away and still negotiating over Bernardo I wouldnt be surprised if we were sniffing about him as well, I think we were linked with him last year iirc.

Even though Celtic fans don’t seem to rate him Greg Taylor has improved and added loads to his game since moving there.

13 minutes ago, MikeAFC94 said:

That's nonsense about Christie. Did very well for us, especially in his first year.

I don't think Stewart was ever rated to the extent folk were worried about him getting "shunted" anywhere. 

Yeah, and Rodgers had a development plan for him the entire time

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6335593/Celtic-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-hails-waif-Ryan-Christie-bulking-up.html

Sorry but what your original claim was absolutely nonsense, others now are actually mentioning others now too. I'm not pretending we are renowned for developing talent (Scottish or otherwise) as we're not but we do enough to make significant cash from it consistently.

10 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Even though Celtic fans don’t seem to rate him Greg Taylor has improved and added loads to his game since moving there.

Some of our fans' attitude towards Taylor is ridiculous tbh. I believe he is one the main men in the dressing room too.

Edited by gannonball

Nigerian centre forward. 9 in 31 games last season for a team that finished 3rd bottom of the Hungarian league (according to transfermarkt at least). Doesn't sound too bad.

4 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Sorry, just watched one of those YouTube compilations of Ambrose and went full Rio Ferdinand 'Ballon d'Or! Ballon d'Or! Ballon d'Or!' at my laptop.

🤣

Looks like one of those rapid units, who can't trap a bag of cement but will do something mental every game.

Shelbourne fans seem gutted to have lost Molloy.