The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Explain for those of us without instagram 

48 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Don’t have Instagram either. What’s the alternative fixture announcement?

4 hours ago, scoobles said:

Has anyone at Sky ever watched the televised games between St Johnstone and Aberdeen? Mogadon for the masses

Aye, I'll never understand why they constantly choose it for TV.

Monday night in Perth at 8 is horrendous for Aberdeen fans too I'd imagine? You'd think they'd make an effort to make the first game as accessible as possible for everyone.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Keeps the cost down for Sky, for everything 3-3 cheeks game there are dozens of nil nil sludgefests between us and St. Johnstone so how much can the TV deal really be worth

Edited by HunterAFC

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Monday night in Perth at 8 is horrendous for Aberdeen fans too I'd imagine? You'd think they'd make an effort to make the first game as accessible as possible for everyone.

We've been sent to Kilmarnock on Boxing Day, so no one cares.

On 21/06/2024 at 14:24, Illgresi said:

Not particularly concerned with Barron going there, as while he's a tidy enough player, I highly doubt he'll ever be a top player even by Scottish league standards.

What is concerning is that this is the 3rd time this has happened in recent memory with one of our youth players. At some point we will bring through the next Messi, and it doesn't look like the club have any clue on how to capitalise on it.

They've done great work of late bringing in talent from all over and turning that into profit, but they seem to have a blind spot for our own youth players. I don't know the answer (reeducation classes as part of the youth curriculum perhaps or bans on certain agents?); but it's definitely something they need to work on.

I don’t think it’s fair to criticise the club for this, they’re a lot better than previously at keeping a hold of our talent and selling at the right time. 

I assume you’re referring to Jack, Wright and Barron. Jack left 7 years ago and had plenty of offers to stay. We let a lot of good players run down their deals in this period. Wright went into his last year under contract with us having just suffered one of several long term injuries and there was no guarantee we’d even offer him a new deal at that point. He hit a purple patch, they came calling and we pulled their pants down by swapping him for McCrorie. Barron had also been made several offers to stay but clearly felt his future lay elsewhere, not too much you can do when other clubs can offer more. 

In this period, we’ve also sold academy products Ramsay for £4mil and McKenna for £3mil. We could’ve got more for McKenna too if we’d accepted earlier offers.

14 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

In this period, we’ve also sold academy products Ramsay for £4mil and McKenna for £3mil. We could’ve got more for McKenna too if we’d accepted earlier offers.

I agree with your point, but I thought we received more money for Ramsay, and the add-ons for McKenna amounted to around 6 or 7 million.

When is it we are heading off to Portugal?

me and my mate were debating this last week I was sure we flew the ABZ to Faro Ryan air flight last year to it. He disagreed and said we would have had a charter flight arranged. For the sake of £5 can someone end the debate   

This is why our international team struggles. Too few minutes for our own young players. Given that the arse cheeks and their fans have so little interest in being Scottish, or our national team, surely the excuse for not expanding the SPFL is gone.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Barron tribunal? It will clearly demonstrate if the SFA want to continue the development of the game here, or if they are only there to support the gruesome twosome.

IMG_4391.jpeg

Edited by Don exotic
Typo

10 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

This is why our international team struggle. Too few minutes for our own young players. Given that the arse cheeks and their fans have so little interest in being Scottish, or our national team, surely the excuse for not expanding the SPFL is gone. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Barron tribunal? It will clearly demonstrate if the SFA want to continue the development of the game here, or if they are only there to support the gruesome twosome.

IMG_4391.jpeg

8vdpxd.jpg.0b0fcaaabf7fa9838d842c0ebc8107aa.jpg20240628_134658.thumb.jpg.b280c8dcc4b5cc682469eb7fccf83b12.jpg

2 hours ago, Don exotic said:

This is why our international team struggles. Too few minutes for our own young players. Given that the arse cheeks and their fans have so little interest in being Scottish, or our national team, surely the excuse for not expanding the SPFL is gone.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Barron tribunal? It will clearly demonstrate if the SFA want to continue the development of the game here, or if they are only there to support the gruesome twosome.

IMG_4391.jpeg

Disregarding the waffle about national identity, I believe any compensation tribunal will be overseen by an independent arbitrator, rather than the SFA (should it get to that stage).

Further to that, an arbitrator is appointed by agreement of both clubs. If they cannot agree on one, the SFA will appoint one.

9 hours ago, Don exotic said:

IMG_4391.jpeg

Just need a half competent journalist to pull together the corresponding stats for minutes given to shitey English loan players every year. That’s the model now - they sweep up all our youngsters for peanuts and we pay them to take their squad fillers each year.