The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

30 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

An irrelevant question at this juncture I would say...we've still got six weeks until the transfer window closes and our new manager is still bedding himself into a new job in an country he's unfamiliar with.

If Killie are stronger at this moment then good for them, let's see where we are at the end of the season.

They had a good season last year, finished eight points ahead of us in the league.

We were atrocious but reached the final of the League Cup, provided Celtic with their sternest test on their road to Hampden glory in the Scottish Cup.

Also made a decent account of ourselves in Europe, with some decent trips for the fans.

Maybe Killie will do likewise, although with Delboy's Euro record at Pittodrie, I wouldn't put any money on it.

And Killie will have to survive losing their manager mid-season to Sevco.

I did say that transfer dealings would potentially change things and that Thelin would need some time to implement his style of play.

But I was mainly just giving my opinion on the comment earlier in the thread that asked whether Aberdeen would swap their squad for Killies. I think an argument could be made yes they would as things stand.

So the irrelevant question wasn’t posed by myself, I was just commenting on it.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Do you not think Mayo and Findlay would be starters for Aberdeen?

Posted afterwards saying I'd worded it wrong. Would have Killie's defence ahead of ours at this point in time 👍🏻

4 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

I presumed he meant this Barmack guy was an honourable person who always pays his debts, while priding himself on only ever being in the top division of his professions. 
Perfect match indeed. 

Are we sure that this Barmack character isn’t actually Cormack in disguise, like Mr Snrub in the Simpsons?

Tom Ritchie went on emergency loan and won the penalty shootout for Bonnyrig tonight. Saved 3 pens apparently.

Edited by Rodhull

7 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

His deal with Motherwell is dead. 
….Just like “Rangers”.

That cheap steel arrived yet?…

Cap in hand, & paying a small fortune  to an organisation your fans despise. 
All because you’re skint & tried to save a quid & it’s cost you a tenner. 

Pipe down 🤡

That's a no then?

16 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

An irrelevant question at this juncture I would say...we've still got six weeks until the transfer window closes and our new manager is still bedding himself into a new job in an country he's unfamiliar with.

If Killie are stronger at this moment then good for them, let's see where we are at the end of the season.

They had a good season last year, finished eight points ahead of us in the league.

We were atrocious but reached the final of the League Cup, provided Celtic with their sternest test on their road to Hampden glory in the Scottish Cup.

Also made a decent account of ourselves in Europe, with some decent trips for the fans.

Maybe Killie will do likewise, although with Delboy's Euro record at Pittodrie, I wouldn't put any money on it.

And Killie will have to survive losing their manager mid-season to Sevco.

Just as well that Killie don't play at Pittodrie then.

46 minutes ago, strichener said:

Just as well that Killie don't play at Pittodrie then.

Indeed, I should've typed Aberdeen, his actual record at Pittodrie wasn't too bad, only lost two, against Real Sociedad and Rijeka, in 16 matches.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

I'm looking for a pub in Glasgow to watch the game next Tuesday.

I've seen the Rhoderick Dhu mentioned but most of those are from a few years ago. Is it still a decent pub for Dons fans to visit in Glasgow or are there better alternatives.

4 hours ago, NorthernLights said:

I'm looking for a pub in Glasgow to watch the game next Tuesday.

I've seen the Rhoderick Dhu mentioned but most of those are from a few years ago. Is it still a decent pub for Dons fans to visit in Glasgow or are there better alternatives.

There were a few gatherings of Dons fans for games in the Rhoderick Dhu and the Rock a few years back but don’t think that really happen anymore. 

Will be plenty of pubs with Premier Sports that will show it, there’s not much other football on that night as well. In the city centre, The Merchant, O’Neills, Horseshoe, Committee Rooms should all have it on off the top of my head.

10 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Indeed, I should've typed Aberdeen, his actual record at Pittodrie wasn't too bad, only lost two, against Real Sociedad and Rijeka, in 16 matches.

His big results in Europe came away from home - good wins in Groningen, Rijeka (first time) and Stavanger. Other solid wins in Bosnia, Finland and Latvia twice.

At home, think the only team seeded above us he beat was Apollon.

He was a victim of the tougher qualifying system then after four second place league finishes, and must have been a tad irritated watching Robson walk into group stage football.

Maybe he can realise that with Kilmarnock, especially with the Conference play off safety net if they lose the Cercle tie.

17 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Guessing there wasn't a mad rush for Roos's services if the Italian 3rd tier was as good as he could get.

Surprised he never got a officer down lower English team. I’m taking it his wife is off to another team too? 

27 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Surprised he never got a officer down lower English team. I’m taking it his wife is off to another team too? 

Would assume so. Don't think she's even back playing after maternity leave yet so doubt she'll be coming back to Aberdeen.

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Guessing there wasn't a mad rush for Roos's services if the Italian 3rd tier was as good as he could get.

Amazing part of the world to live in though. Lovely area by the coast and close to Croatia and Slovenia too.

His new team seem to have a surprisingly good stadium for a third tier side.

IMG_2812.thumb.jpeg.99ac49dca94dcba47d525ede23146929.jpeg