The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

Heltne Nilsen changing any minds, then?

I thought he was very good today. Daft booking, but I did think Shinnie was at fault for letting the ball run across his body in a dangerous spot.

Looks a cracking partnership though.

2 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

But yet Celtic and Rangers fans think he's not good enough for them. Just wait until he turns Rudiger inside out at the Bernabeu. 

Who has ever said this? I’d bite your hand off for him 😂 

6 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

I thought he was very good today. Daft booking, but I did think Shinnie was at fault for letting the ball run across his body in a dangerous spot.

Has a habit of dithering then falling over when he loses it, and has a hospital pass in him. We'll see how he fairs against the cheeks.

9 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

But yet Celtic and Rangers fans think he's not good enough for them. Just wait until he turns Rudiger inside out at the Bernabeu. 

I’d say the opposite.

They arrogantly both say “let’s get Miovski”, “let’s take Miovski.

Delusional arseholes.

Celtic would rather spend money on an inferior striker.  
The Rangers don’t have a pot to piss in & we wouldn’t sell them the cure for cancer anyway.

And, crucially, Bojan wants to play in a bigger & better league.

15 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Changed my mind in Perth (although that’s a bit strong in any case, never disliked him). Thought he was excellent beyond ‘that’ pass to McGrath. 

Still maintain there was too much sloppiness to his play in the league cup, which is improving but still has moments. 

Nilsen was good today, and he was very good against St Johnstone. I never had any doubts about the importance of the role he is being asked to play, but did have some concerns about his mobility and decision making. He was still occasionally slack on the ball, and his mobility might be exposed when games become more open, but he seems less erratic and rash than he appeared in his first few appearances. He stands up well to a physical battle, which is always going to be useful - and we now have three players in the spine in the form of Rubezic, Nilsen and Shinnie who can all hold their own physically and won't hold back from anything, for better or worse.

I think Molloy wants to be like that too, and he was good against St Johnstone, but I thought he struggled against Olusanya's physicality and didn't look too convincing in the air. Suspect that one will be more of a project. 

Edited by DrewDon

42 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Changed my mind in Perth (although that’s a bit strong in any case, never disliked him). Thought he was excellent beyond ‘that’ pass to McGrath. 

Still maintain there was too much sloppiness to his play in the league cup, which is improving but still has moments. 

I wonder if he thought the cup games were beneath him?

28 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Nilsen was good today, and he was very good against St Johnstone. I never had any doubts about the importance of the role he is being asked to play, but did have some concerns about his mobility and decision making. He was still occasionally slack on the ball, and his mobility might be exposed when games become more open, but he seems less erratic and rash than he appeared in his first few appearances. He stands up well to a physical battle, which is always going to be useful - and we now have three players in the spine in the form of Rubezic, Nilsen and Shinnie who can all hold their own physically and won't hold back from anything, for better or worse.

I think Molloy wants to be like that too, and he was good against St Johnstone, but I thought he struggled against Olusanya's physicality and didn't look too convincing in the air. Suspect that one will be more of a project. 

Miller said he was told Molloy was supposed to be a squad player with score to improve but surprised the club with how good he was. He said he's been very impressed.

11 hours ago, HunterAFC said:

Has a habit of dithering then falling over when he loses it, and has a hospital pass in him. We'll see how he fairs against the cheeks.

That response deserves being locked in a dark room for 24hrs, with nothing but Keskinen YouTube music playing full blast.

Nilsen was excellent yesterday - getting Bisconti vibes there.

Just now, coprolite said:

I 've seen £7m reported for Miovski. Probably a mix of lies and guessing, but i like it better than lies and guessing at £4m.

Think the detail of the £7m suggests around 4 up front with the potential for 7 plus sell-on