The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

9 minutes ago, Arnie said:

For me it’s been a good transfer window but we need a centre forward to replace Bojan 

Funnily enough, I wondered if Keskinens mate at Helsinki might be on your thoughts.

English striker called Luke Plange.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Funnily enough, I wondered if Keskinens mate at Helsinki might be on your thoughts.

English striker called Luke Plange.

FFS. 

Honestly the amount of Google notifications I get about random footballers. I swear it's your fault.

I’m surprised Miovski stayed out of big Stuart Findlay’s pocket long enough to sign the contract.

In all seriousness a great deal for Aberdeen and the player, I feel that it’s a really fair price for him. Miovski is class.

22 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It appears our allocation for Ross County has been significantly reduced. I did notice that Dundee United only received half of the stand and the section at the side. I think Supporters' clubs have been told the allocation is based on average ticket orders.

Correct and for most clubs the allocation will not be enough to fill a bus. 

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m surprised Miovski stayed out of big Stuart Findlay’s pocket long enough to sign the contract.

In all seriousness a great deal for Aberdeen and the player, I feel that it’s a really fair price for him. Miovski is class.

they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-lie.gif

44 minutes ago, betting competition said:

It appears our allocation for Ross County has been significantly reduced. I did notice that Dundee United only received half of the stand and the section at the side. I think Supporters' clubs have been told the allocation is based on average ticket orders.

Surely for United it was a case of them only selling out part of the allocation. I’m sure for Hibs last season they sold the end of the side stand before giving them tickets behind the goal after.

Would be surprised if we don’t get the full stand behind the goals and the extra part as usual. 

8 hours ago, betting competition said:

Don't think that's the case. Apparently the stand sections for the United match were released as they sold them. Can't see there being a problem in us selling the whole stand.

image.thumb.png.69d48a0a7531a023088adef3368130b4.png

Covered in every position now. Assuming Duncan and Richardson will either be away or get very little game time. Add in Bavidge, Boyd, Ritchie etc. and we look pretty good to me! Hoping Sokler can take it up a level this season.

RB cover is maybe an area to add to. Haven't really seen Milne play under Thelin, do we think he's still got a chance?

1 minute ago, Flammable sheep said:

Covered in every position now. Assuming Duncan and Richardson will either be away or get very little game time. Add in Bavidge, Boyd, Ritchie etc. and we look pretty good to me! Hoping Sokler can take it up a level this season.

RB cover is maybe an area to add to. Haven't really seen Milne play under Thelin, do we think he's still got a chance?

I’d say the cover is questionable all across the back 5 positions. I would be worried if gueye was seen as regular cover for AMC but suspect that’s more fluid with who can play there in clarksons absence. Ambrose is not good cover if sokler was to be injured. 

We were always going to come out of this window lacking real quality in depth though, so the above isn’t meant in a miserable way. But longer term that team isn’t sustainable really. 

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’d say the cover is questionable all across the back 5 positions. I would be worried if gueye was seen as regular cover for AMC but suspect that’s more fluid with who can play there in clarksons absence. Ambrose is not good cover if sokler was to be injured. 

We were always going to come out of this window lacking real quality in depth though, so the above isn’t meant in a miserable way. But longer term that team isn’t sustainable really. 

Yeah, I can see any of McGrath, Polvara, Besuijen, maybe Palaversa covering that AMC slot.

Gueye and Ambrose as cover for Sokler is not great. Personally would rather see Bavidge get a chance, but either way that's a big Miovski-shaped hole. Need to give those 4 players an opportunity to fill it, and maybe pick up a better option next summer.

10 hours ago, Jute said:

Correct and for most clubs the allocation will not be enough to fill a bus. 

Simply looking at what Dundee United received will be the same as Aberdeen. I believe Dundee United sold 1,000 tickets but had to sell the side section first, followed by the section behind the goals. Ross County fans, has your club reduced the away allocation?

Edited by betting competition

33 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It's looks a strong Scottish Premiership team to me.

Agree about the depth.

I don't we will ever have much strength in depth – good players won't want to sit on the bench for us and it will deny opportunities to developing young players. A starting-quality 13-14 players, supported by squad calibre and youth players will be the aim.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

hesk2.thumb.png.07ced804894bf34b6dc1214b11007f2c.png

kesk1.thumb.png.ffba5db511cce491678a2b1dcf59a179.png

Looks like he was used as a creator last season, and as the goal scorer this season?

Interested to see what happens as he seems good at both, so if you could get him able to do both you'll have a star? Might take some time though.

Thanks, I'll settle for having a star.

2 hours ago, Flammable sheep said:

Milne looked decent when he came on against Dumbarton, but not seen again, which isn't encouraging. A championship loan would be good for him imo.