The Famous Aberdeen - Season 2022/23

10 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Assuming Duk doesn't return to the fold, do you think we'll sign another striker, or go with what we have now?

Think we will work with what we have. I reckon what we will see is more different scorers in the team than previously when Miloski was the main man.

I do hope we sort the Duk situation out before the window closes. 
Going to be like a game of chess where the agent will push for a move closer to the the deadline 

11 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Being greedy, I'd like to see us bring in a striker. A bad striker can really damage an otherwise good attack, and I'm not convinced at the moment that we have a good striker. 

You’re not greedy.

It’s an absolute necessity.

Sokler is not good enough. 

2 hours ago, O_Kahn said:

Assuming Duk doesn't return to the fold, do you think we'll sign another striker, or go with what we have now?

It's near impossible to figure out what the manager is thinking.

Probably a good thing 🤣

Sokler and Gueye up top and it's bottom six this season, not good enough.

Dons in recent years always start a new season weak in at least one position of the park.

The long unbeaten run back going back to mid March is great but we haven't really faced a team in form with quality since then, so difficult to judge whether this team is going to be good enough.

Need to push the boat out for a quality striker and centre back or Jimmy will be facing a difficult period in the dugout come October & November.

Edited by Stu_81

Happily take Rangers at Pittodrie in the quarter final. Better to get them there than at their home ground in the semi final or final. Nice to avoid Celtic and let someone else put them out.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Happily take Rangers at Pittodrie in the quarter final. Better to get them there than at their home ground in the semi final or final. Nice to avoid Celtic and let someone else put them out.

Easiest tie at home. Spartans would do me. Rangers v Celtic next round would do me 

42 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

OF game at hampden is the best draw but we know won’t happen. 

I see your logic though, won’t go as far as saying that’s what I’m after but it can work in our favour. 

Wonder what the club will say on this?  Maybe if they asked for more notice but 7 days when I imagine everything  will be in place going into the game on and off the pitch 

F6E6168C-B49D-4E3C-82F7-ACA574DFDF40.jpeg

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I've mentioned this in the Domestic Cup thread...

There was never any chance of Aberdeen, Celtic or Sevco being drawn together.

The League Cup Quarter Final draw is the most corrupt cup draw in Scottish football.

7 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Wonder what the club will say on this?  Maybe if they asked for more notice but 7 days when I imagine everything  will be in place going into the game on and off the pitch 

Get that in the sea.

With us getting into the quarter finals, I can't imagine a time we can play this fixture that wouldn't put us at a disadvantage.

7 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Hope we make the request as it would show that we are trying everything to prepare correctly however I would have no issue with Aberdeen or the league turning it down.

I assume, if the SPFL allows, that this decision might come down to your new manager so it would be interesting to see if he was trying to make friends or if he was taking the view that he’s got more chance of 3 points next Sunday than he would in November or whatever.

Aberdeen had a game against St Mirren postponed in similar circumstances in 2014. It's not as though there could be that much extra notice given that we only got through to this round less than 72 hours ago.

Just now, craigkillie said:

Aberdeen had a game against St Mirren postponed in similar circumstances in 2014. It's not as though there could be that much extra notice given that we only got through to this round less than 72 hours ago.

That was two weeks prior. Plus we were out of Europe by then. 

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Hope we make the request as it would show that we are trying everything to prepare correctly however I would have no issue with Aberdeen or the league turning it down.

I assume, if the SPFL allows, that this decision might come down to your new manager so it would be interesting to see if he was trying to make friends or if he was taking the view that he’s got more chance of 3 points next Sunday than he would in November or whatever.

If Milne was still in charge he’d have done it for his old pal Del.

not to sure Cormack will 

3 minutes ago, Moorie said:

That was two weeks prior. Plus we were out of Europe by then. 

You were out of Europe by then and people therefore said it was a bit odd that you hadn't waited. This time we have waited, and I don't think it's that unreasonable to ask. The game has already had to be moved from Saturday to Sunday anyway, so it's not as though Aberdeen can exactly have had loads of preparation in place for it.

I would understand if Aberdeen refused, even though I'd consider it fairly small-minded, but I don't see any issue at all in requesting it.